+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morison out!

Morison out!

Getting embarrassing now!!!

Re: Morison out!

Eh? We’re 15th, draw and we’re up to 9th.

What’s the point of investing in a huge rebuild if you sack the main man at the first wobble?

Luton are a decent team, wouldn’t say embarrassing. Frustrating yes.

Would much prefer Nathan Jones, who has done an amazing job managing Luton, managing our club in place of Morrison.

Of ALL 16 recruits brought in this summer surely it would have been better to have signed a reduced number of players with reserve set aside to bring in a decent striker??

Could I just mention that City's defenders are also culpable for some awful schoolboy errors this evening against Luton..

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Luton are a decent team, wouldn’t say embarrassing. Frustrating yes.
    roughly a quarter of this guy's posts are saying embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Eh? We’re 15th, draw and we’re up to 9th.

What’s the point of investing in a huge rebuild if you sack the main man at the first wobble?
    'investing'?

That isn't doing Morrison any favours, we haven't invested a bean. He has assembled our first team that can actually play football in years on a complete shoe string. Unfortunately goals cost money...

Tan Out more like.

If people think Morison can't see we're not scoring goals and is simply not being backed then I'm not sure what to say really.

First wobble? There has already been considerable signs of wobble within the team we have, yes we are playing football and keeping possession! But doing nothing going forward, we scored more, playing direct football/long ball!

As stated… embarrassing, no idea, going forward!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    Could I just mention that City's defenders are also culpable for some awful schoolboy errors this evening against Luton..
    Despite that, we still have the 5th best defensive record in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Despite that, we still have the 5th best defensive record in the Championship.
    that's ok if you score goals

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    that's ok if you score goals
    Having a dismal defensive record can be ok if you score goals. It's been our defence that has got us where we are this season. Without that, we're relegation fodder.

Four games until the international window.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    'investing'?

That isn't doing Morrison any favours, we haven't invested a bean. He has assembled our first team that can actually play football in years on a complete shoe string. Unfortunately goals cost money...
    About half of the Championship teams haven’t spent a penny this window. What we’ve spent on transfer fees puts us solidly in the middle of the pack. That’s ignoring loan fees, agents fees, signing bonuses, wages, etc which given our large number of signings will almost certainly be comparatively high compared to the rest of the league.
    I believe Ince said the reason we were able to sign Rinhomota was due to Reading being unable to financially compete with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    About half of the Championship teams haven’t spent a penny this window. What we’ve spent on transfer fees puts us solidly in the middle of the pack. That’s ignoring loan fees, agents fees, signing bonuses, wages, etc which given our large number of signings will almost certainly be comparatively high compared to the rest of the league.
    I believe Ince said the reason we were able to sign Rinhomota was due to Reading being unable to financially compete with us.
    reading are under extremely punitive restrictions on wages, our wages will be a fraction of what they were a few seasons ago, we won't be in the top few clubs for wages paid any more

FFS. Yes it was frustrating, yes we were the better side and yes we should have win. To suggest we had nothing going forward is contradicted by the stats. We had 17 shots and quite a few of those were decent chance. Only 2 of those were on target apparently. Last game the stats were 22 and 2 I think? I find it bizarre that game in game out we can't seem to hit the target but it doesn't mean we have a problem creating chances. It means that for whatever reason, none of the side, defence, midfield or attack can currently actually hit the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    FFS. Yes it was frustrating, yes we were the better side and yes we should have win. To suggest we had nothing going forward is contradicted by the stats. We had 17 shots and quite a few of those were decent chance. Only 2 of those were on target apparently. Last game the stats were 22 and 2 I think? I find it bizarre that game in game out we can't seem to hit the target but it doesn't mean we have a problem creating chances. It means that for whatever reason, none of the side, defence, midfield or attack can currently actually hit the target.
    No chance we were the better side.

We also offered nothing going forward, most of our shots were long range (including the goal), I'd love to see how many were taken inside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think the BBC count all blocked shots as ‘not on target’ even when some of them clearly are.

Yeah there’s no way City had that many decent chances or were the better team. Talk of firing him soon is ridiculous, he deserves time to finish the experiment but if he doesn’t get a proven striker and tweak the way we play in the attacking third it could be a long season that only ends one way.

Christ you're embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Not as embarrassing as this post I'm afraid. Virtually an entire new squad, this will take time to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    This f*cking thread is embarrassing, for you and every other drongo who wants Morison sacked. As I’ve said before, the stupidity of our fan base is surely unrivalled.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    This f*cking thread is embarrassing, for you and every other drongo who wants Morison sacked. As I’ve said before, the stupidity of our fan base is surely unrivalled.
    There are very few fans calling for his head.

The stupidity of our fan base unrivalled.??? Utter rubbish.

A significant amount of Swansea fans wanted Cooper out and a significant amount now want Martin out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    There are very few fans calling for his head.

The stupidity of our fan base unrivalled.??? Utter rubbish.

A significant amount of Swansea fans wanted Cooper out and a significant amount now want Martin out.
    Really clutching at straws if all you can compare us to are them lot down West! They may be stupider, but I don’t have to sit/stand next to them every game coming out with the absolute drivel our lot do.

Massive overreaction for me. He needs to be given this season at least to properly stamp his way of playing on the team. Will it be a frustrating season? Yes. Will it be best for the club in the long run? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Massive overreaction for me. He needs to be given this season at least to properly stamp his way of playing on the team. Will it be a frustrating season? Yes. Will it be best for the club in the long run? Yes.
    For me the frustration was more about the way we set up than the result. Wrong line up totally.

But I agreed, it was never going to be an easy season. Huge overhaul of the squad, new style of football and all on a shoe string. If we were in and around the playoffs on this budget then I’m sure Morison would be getting a better job.

Some people just don’t like Morison so are looking for ways to have a dig and to a point he didn’t help himself last night with that team. I’m more than happy to give him time though. It was never going to be a quick fix.