+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Callum Robinson - confirmed

Re: Callum Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He was on loan at Preston who I think are keen to have back. We might have competition.
    Ah, him. Yes. Good player, very good. Hope we get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Are we signing Tarzan ?
    About 60 years old that sketch.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Ah, him. Yes. Good player, very good. Hope we get him.
    Just been reading the WBA message boards and he's split opinions on there. The general feeling is that he's one of their most skillful and inventive players but lots of people claiming he's not consistent and seems to lack any 'bottle' or 'fighting spirit'.

Personally I'd take the criticism with a pinch of salt as.....Baggies fans are going through a sticky patch and will moan at anything....and he's been in and out of the team like a yo-yo....and his scoring record may appear low due to his versatility playing a number of positions.

I'd take him in a heart-beat - he's better than what we have and might help Watters and Etete having an experienced striker to learn from in the squad.

International

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Just been reading the WBA message boards and he's split opinions on there. The general feeling is that he's one of their most skillful and inventive players but lots of people claiming he's not consistent and seems to lack any 'bottle' or 'fighting spirit'.

Personally I'd take the criticism with a pinch of salt as.....Baggies fans are going through a sticky patch and will moan at anything....and he's been in and out of the team like a yo-yo....and his scoring record may appear low due to his versatility playing a number of positions.

I'd take him in a heart-beat - he's better than what we have and might help Watters and Etete having an experienced striker to learn from in the squad.
    Hopefully he reads it, signs for us and proves them all wrong, like a jilted girlfriend.

Robinson's a good player, would be an excellent signing this late in the window

Only 27 so not exactly an old man either

They thought Hugill was appalling, and he did alright for us.

Loan or permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Loan or permanent?
    He signed a five year contract in 2020, so definitely a loan I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Loan or permanent?
    Chickencoop.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    I'd be happy with Jim or Paul Robinson - just anyone instead of giving Watters and Harris more gos!
    At the moment even Anne Robonson would be an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Swiss Family, Fruit Shoots, Crusoe.... let's get em all out!

Burnley and the Wurzels supposedly in for him too. Not sure about that. Bristol already have 5 strikers who would probably start ahead of our options, although Robinson can play as winger too.

Paul Robinson (Neighbours). His right leg, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Even Mrs Robinson, as sung by Simon & Garfunkel, would be better for us!

Well the centre back we got from them suggests they know nuffin

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Burnley and the Wurzels supposedly in for him too. Not sure about that. Bristol already have 5 strikers who would probably start ahead of our options, although Robinson can play as winger too.
    I'm not sure if he'd choose to go to Bristol City again. He had a brief loan spell with them and I seem to recall he later returned to Ashton Gate with West Brom and scored. He ran towards the Bristol fans cupping his ear and they (Bristol fans) went nuts and were hurling abuse at him!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I'm not sure if he'd choose to go to Bristol City again. He had a brief loan spell with them and I seem to recall he later returned to Ashton Gate with West Brom and scored. He ran towards the Bristol fans cupping his ear and they (Bristol fans) went nuts and were hurling abuse at him!
    I like him already

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Even Mrs Robinson, as sung by Simon & Garfunkel, would be better for us!
    Or a bottle of Robinson’s squash

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Sounds good, my enemy’s enemy is my friend and all that

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He signed a five year contract in 2020, so definitely a loan I reckon.
    Rumours have it we have to sign him if we want him, and seeing as we are desperate, looks like it will be a new signing?

Unless of course we are negoitiating with Hugill and others at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Rumours have it we have to sign him if we want him, and seeing as we are desperate, looks like it will be a new signing?

Unless of course we are negoitiating with Hugill and others at the same time?
    My money's on someone else, somewhere else. Seen this with City in recent months, lots of internet rumours and conjecture, and we do some quick and quiet business on the blind side. Then again, I could be wrong.

Let's call their bluff and get Robert Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Let's call their bluff and get Robert Robinson
    Better ask the family

1.5m bid made and an offer of 15k a week according to Twitter. Interesting that we're deviating from our wage structure if this is true. Seems the higher ups at the club realise how important a good striker is this season.