+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panini World Cup 2022 stickers

Panini World Cup 2022 stickers

I happily shelled out far too much to do the Euro 2016 but I think their pricing has got out of hand now! https://www.theguardian.com/business...ounds-football

Re: Panini World Cup 2022 stickers

How do we buy these? Don't seem to be available outside of the UK. Surely that can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    How do we buy these? Don't seem to be available outside of the UK. Surely that can't be right.
    Probably with a bank loan or a lottery win!
    They are available on the various versions of Amazon.

Got Bale in my second pack, have since retired as that will do me.

How much are they now? I stopped buying once they went up from 50p, think was the next tournament after euro 16, seem to remember it was a big jump to like 75p or something

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    How much are they now? I stopped buying once they went up from 50p, think was the next tournament after euro 16, seem to remember it was a big jump to like 75p or something
    90p for a 5 sticker packet. 670 stickers to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    90p for a 5 sticker packet. 670 stickers to collect.
    That's a real shame. Would love to do it just for the Wales squad but at 90p a pack can't risk the addiction

That's a real shame. Would love to do it just for the Wales squad but at 90p a pack can't risk the addiction
    What I find more disturbing (particularly for the unwary) is that there are 20 special "shiny" stickers to collect. If you buy a box of 100 stickers (£90) Panini guarantee that you will get at least ONE shiny!

Might be able to order them off panini, you used to be able to order a restricted amount.

This would be the sensible thing to do, but even when I had to eventually accept leaving my (I mean my sons) euro 2016 album with like 5 stickers short of the whole thing and Wales complete, it still didnt sit right with me

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    What I find more disturbing (particularly for the unwary) is that there are 20 special "shiny" stickers to collect. If you buy a box of 100 stickers (£90) Panini guarantee that you will get at least ONE shiny!
    Trouble is even you struck lucky and got the whole Wales squad sorted, you're bound to get one shiny amongst them and then you're hooked trying to get the others

I got the Welsh team and a few shinys off eBay for about £15 and will grab a few extra packets from the shops to keep the kids happy. Not quite in the spirit of things but no chance am I paying hundreds to end up with a stack of doublers.

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    I got the Welsh team and a few shinys off eBay for about £15 and will grab a few extra packets from the shops to keep the kids happy. Not quite in the spirit of things but no chance am I paying hundreds to end up with a stack of doublers.
    It would be nice to collect and fill the annual but to me it's a kids thing, something to tempt them with as a reward.
    Coins would be better value as these sticker things always end up damp in the garage covered in mould.

Another problem now is that us oldies don't have the bunch of likeminded school mates to do swapsies with

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It would be nice to collect and fill the annual but to me it's a kids thing, something to tempt them with as a reward.
    Coins would be better value as these sticker things always end up damp in the garage covered in mould.

Another problem now is that us oldies don't have the bunch of likeminded school mates to do swapsies with
    You might be surprised, as soon as the subject came up in work during euro 2016 quite a few of us had big piles of doubles to bring in and many deals were done after much negotiation (shiny's being more and so on)

You might be surprised, as soon as the subject came up in work during euro 2016 quite a few of us had big piles of doubles to bring in and many deals were done after much negotiation (shiny's being more and so on)
    Feckin grow up!

They reckon on average it will cost about £883 to fill the book. It's just not worth it..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Feckin grow up!
    Sadly the price increase has taken the decision out of my hands

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They reckon on average it will cost about £883 to fill the book. It's just not worth it..
    Not with swaps and buying individuals

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not with swaps and buying individuals
    Exactly. More like £150 by my calculations if enough people you know are swapping

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Exactly. More like £150 by my calculations if enough people you know are swapping
    We could have a CCMB swap shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We could have a CCMB swap shop.
    I'd be up for it.

not getting into this.
    In euro 2016 they advertised a swap shop in the cafe of my local sainsburys

Noone turned up.

Except me - That was a low

not getting into this.
    In euro 2016 they advertised a swap shop in the cafe of my local sainsburys

Noone turned up.

Except me - That was a low
    Just you and Craig Noone sat in the Sainsburys cafe doing swapsies?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just you and Craig Noone sat in the Sainsburys cafe doing swapsies?
    I like what you did there.

But looking back, being 34 years of age, realising nobody was there, and then trying to disguise the fact that you're there for the swaps with an album under your arm and 200 odd stickers pre-sorted in numerical order; even Craig Noone couldnt have cheered me up.