+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A moose in the hoose

A moose in the hoose

I have a mouse in the house (kitchen) in case my title threw you completely off the scent.

Can anyone recommend a humane trap?

It’s a shame it’s not a fox in the box as we could do with one of those

Re: A moose in the hoose

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I have a mouse in the house (kitchen) in case my title threw you completely off the scent.

I'd quite fancy a foxy lady right now 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'd quite fancy a foxy lady right now 👍
    Best I can do is a mouse I’m afraid.

Sod the humane traps, let the critter go and it will come back with its mates for a party.
    Poison or classic trap, use cereal, nuts or chocolate for bait - not cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Sod the humane traps, let the critter go and it will come back with its mates for a party.
    Poison or classic trap, use cereal, nuts or chocolate for bait - not cheese.
    I was going to let it go a long way from the house. May take him to the next home game, he may bag us a goal.

Wait for the mouse and catch it with your hands, they're not that quick. When i was a kid we used to catch field mice by putting a load of cereal in a milk bottle. Mice are greedy and will stay in the bottle until they have emptied it, they end up twice their size, can't get out of the bottle and fall asleep. It worked for me!

Had one in the bedroom years ago. Thinking it was safe and hiding it clung to the cable from the bedside lamp. My Mrs managed to grab it by the tail and threw it out of the window. It never came back.
    I was supervising from the other side of the room 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Had one in the bedroom years ago. Thinking it was safe and hiding it clung to the cable from the bedside lamp. My Mrs managed to grab it by the tail and threw it out of the window. It never came back.
    I was supervising from the other side of the room ��
    I'm not surprised that it never came back after being lobbed out of the window. No way to treat a guest, although i've thought about it, especially the in laws.

Little twats are incontinent-get rid before you find little packets of shit everywhere.

Thanks for the advice. Going to get a trap tomorrow and let my brother In laws Jack Russell free. Loves to hunt a rodent apparently

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm not surprised that it never came back after being lobbed out of the window. No way to treat a guest, although i've thought about it, especially the in laws.
    Our bedroom is in the loft so it had quite a long descent

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Our bedroom is in the loft so it had quite a long descent
    Poor little thing haha

A had a mouse in once so i got my fat lazy cat from in front of the fire thinking...it's worth a try..I've never seen that cat move so fast in all my life he got within 3 seconds. So ...get a cat(not humane!? but its the way it is)

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    A had a mouse in once so i got my fat lazy cat from in front of the fire thinking...it's worth a try..I've never seen that cat move so fast in all my life he got within 3 seconds. So ...get a cat(not humane!? but its the way it is)
    Order of life and all that. Going to try the Jack Russell but If that doesn’t work I’ll let one of the cats in that try to constantly get in my house.

Order of life and all that. Going to try the Jack Russell but If that doesn’t work I’ll let one of the cats in that try to constantly get in my house.
    problem was we couldn't get the mouse free from the cat ...he didn't kill it but freaked out when we tried to free the little thing

In my teens I worked a bit in a pet shop.
    We sold loose food (I had to weigh it and bag it up) but the shop obviously attracted mice - even though there was a shop cat!
    One day as we were closing, I had to feed the cat. Put food in bowl shook it to attract the cat, cat came in with a live mouse in its mouth.
    I put the food bowl down to see what the cat preferred - mouse or food...

The cat looked at the food as if deep in thought, then there was a crunching sound...
    no more mouse, cat proceeded to eat from the bowl!

Thanks for the advice. Going to get a trap tomorrow and let my brother In laws Jack Russell free. Loves to hunt a rodent apparently
    My Jack Russell(Sally-gone now)thought all her Christmas's had come at once every time a rodent of any size or type trespassed.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    My Jack Russell(Sally-gone now)thought all her Christmas's had come at once every time a rodent of any size or type trespassed.
    Awww love her. My brother in law said she turns into a difference animal, the hunting instincts come out.