+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thomas-Asanti signs for West Brom and Callum Robinson becomes available

Thomas-Asanti signs for West Brom and Callum Robinson becomes available

'Albion are delighted to confirm the signing of striker Brandon Thomas-Asante from Salford City for an undisclosed fee.
    The 23-year-old has penned a three-year contract at The Hawthorns and arrives in a rich vein of form, having netted five goals in seven appearances so far this season. Thomas-Asante, who can also play as a winger, joined Salford in September 2019, and scored 30 goals in 97 starts at Moor Lane.'

Albion had a reported striking problem just a few days ago and were chasing Lewis Grabban when two strikers were out with injuries. Suddenly, one of their reserve strikers, Callum Robinson, was available after they signed Thomas-Asante.

Thomas-A came on in the game last night and scored a poacher's goal in injury time to snatch a draw.

My question is, why didn't we sign Thomas-Asanti?
    (Answer: prolly all down to money...)

Re: Thomas-Asanti signs for West Brom and Callum Robinson becomes available

We have enough strikers who have never played/barely scored in the championship.

Just imagine announcing an unproven L2 striker instead of what we got. Last time we did that we got Watters. Blood on the moon comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    'Albion are delighted to confirm the signing of striker Brandon Thomas-Asante from Salford City for an undisclosed fee.
    The 23-year-old has penned a three-year contract at The Hawthorns and arrives in a rich vein of form, having netted five goals in seven appearances so far this season. Thomas-Asante, who can also play as a winger, joined Salford in September 2019, and scored 30 goals in 97 starts at Moor Lane.'

Albion had a reported striking problem just a few days ago and were chasing Lewis Grabban when two strikers were out with injuries. Suddenly, one of their reserve strikers, Callum Robinson, was available after they signed Thomas-Asante.

Thomas-A came on in the game last night and scored a poacher's goal in injury time to snatch a draw.

My question is, why didn't we sign Thomas-Asanti?
    (Answer: prolly all down to money...)
    Are Baggies fans happy with losing Robinson for Thomas-Asante?

Looked a decent player from what I saw last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Dunno.
    But after seeing and hearing the Baggies fans reaction to what appeared to be a defeat turned to consuming joy when A-T scored a neat, Johnny-on-the-spot goal, I suggest they are more positive about this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Baggies fans not happy full stop. My European MD is a WBA ST holder and has been here in Poland this week. He can’t understand their transfer window and couldn’t help understand the release of Robinson when they have a shortage of strikers.