+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Home alarm system

O/T Home alarm system

Looking to sure up the house security. Taken a look into Ring alarms and doorbell. Any experience with them or other recommendations please?

Re: O/T Home alarm system

It wont help when the hungry hordes come looking for food, it will be like a scene out of Dawn of the Dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It wont help when the hungry hordes come looking for food, it will be like a scene out of Dawn of the Dead!
    I’d quite like a day or two in a post apocalyptic world, but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that haha

I have a eufy doorbell as it didn't require a cloud subscription, works great and image is really clear

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I have a eufy doorbell as it didn't require a cloud subscription, works great and image is really clear
    Thanks mate

Does it record? I got the ring floodlight one which is great and I can watch it live anytime, shout at people on my drive or whatever. Anyone know how you would link it to constantly recording to a laptop or something?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Looking to sure up the house security. Taken a look into Ring alarms and doorbell. Any experience with them or other recommendations please?
    look out for Amazon deals as you can save a lot. we've got ring cameras and doorbell and got them when they were reduced. they just had the Amazon day a few months back so if you can hang on wait until Black Friday or whatever they call it and you'll save a few bucks.

ps it also links in well with Alexa devices to display the cameras and notifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    look out for Amazon deals as you can save a lot. we've got ring cameras and doorbell and got them when they were reduced. they just had the Amazon day a few months back so if you can hang on wait until Black Friday or whatever they call it and you'll save a few bucks.

ps it also links in well with Alexa devices to display the cameras and notifications.
    Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You do make me laugh 😃 bit of the "prepper" mentality like me is it bales?

if you can mount them high enough, any of the cheaper models will record to a SD card on a loop ( think a 128 gigSD is a 20 something day loop from memory )

Apparently a basic home alarm system with stickers on the window and an alarm box is enough to put most burglars off ?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Does it record? I got the ring floodlight one which is great and I can watch it live anytime, shout at people on my drive or whatever. Anyone know how you would link it to constantly recording to a laptop or something?
    yes it records onto a local base, it automatically records any people it detects and saves it, and I can speak to anyone by my house remotely etc.
    does everything the other systems to but lots of them require you to pay for cloud storage for the recordings, this saves them locally

International

Which security camera's, and were they easy to fit, and wired or solar types?

What a sad society we live in. Turning our homes into fortresses ... when did it get this bad?

yes it records onto a local base, it automatically records any people it detects and saves it, and I can speak to anyone by my house remotely etc.
    does everything the other systems to but lots of them require you to pay for cloud storage for the recordings, this saves them locally
    Where does it save it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    What a sad society we live in. Turning our homes into fortresses ... when did it get this bad?
    Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Where does it save it?
    onto a hub that has local storage

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Which security camera's, and were they easy to fit, and wired or solar types?
    battery powered, last a couple of months at least before needing a re-charge which takes a few hours. easy to install and portable. hard wiring is not necessary or solar panel. could also get a spare battery which makes maintenance easy.

International

battery powered, last a couple of months at least before needing a re-charge which takes a few hours. easy to install and portable. hard wiring is not necessary or solar panel. could also get a spare battery which makes maintenance easy.
    Nice one thanks, I'll take your advice and wait until black Friday