+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Queen.....will matches be postponed

Re: The Queen.....will matches be postponed

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Lots of people bleating about Kevin Bridges’ incredibly tame opening to his show last night, would love to see the Venn Diagram of people who use the words “snowflake” and “cancel culture” vs people who get incredibly offended if not everyone’s on their knees about a rich old woman they never met passing away

https://twitter.com/parkheadrfb/stat...YjP00Ldj9oVq6Q
    If you could understand a word in between the “F***INGS” it might help

Stay north of the border son, you’re not funny

See the last night of the proms has been cancelled.

Totally over the top. If ever there was an event that would celebrate and honour her it is that. I'm sure if they amended the programme to reflect it, then the audience would grow and people would enjoy them honouring her service etc etc

Instead it's cancelled and people will just watch the latest bollocks on netflix instead.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Lots of people bleating about Kevin Bridges’ incredibly tame opening to his show last night, would love to see the Venn Diagram of people who use the words “snowflake” and “cancel culture” vs people who get incredibly offended if not everyone’s on their knees about a rich old woman they never met passing away

https://twitter.com/parkheadrfb/stat...YjP00Ldj9oVq6Q
    You make a very fair point. Those who wish to cancel are found on both sides of any divide.

I think there are inconsistencies in how this is all applied, and I do think when anyone dies a period of general respect is ideal, but fundementally people absolutely should have the right to offend.

What happens with Trevor Sinclair is more interesting. I note his twitter account has been deleted. His tweet was stupid, but the guy needs help more than anything. Hopefully his emplyoers give him some time off, he realises that he should apologise and then everyone can carry on with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

The arenas he fills all over the UK would suggest not everyone agrees with you

Assuming that the midweek games and next weekend are off too, there's then an international break, so matches won't start up again until 1st October (home to Burnley).
    If we played twice a week every week from then until the World Cup break we could just about fit in the rearranged matches, but teams that are still in the Caribou Cup can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Assuming that the midweek games and next weekend are off too, there's then an international break, so matches won't start up again until 1st October (home to Burnley).
    If we played twice a week every week from then until the World Cup break we could just about fit in the rearranged matches, but teams that are still in the Caribou Cup can't.
    Bale could’ve signed for us, had a lovely rest, played a bit of golf, mourned a little bit and been as fit as a fiddle for the World Cup (was going to use the acronym that has become the modern way of us trying to decipher who posters are referring to) but fit as a fiddle for the WC didn’t seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bale could’ve signed for us, had a lovely rest, played a bit of golf, mourned a little bit and been as fit as a fiddle for the World Cup (was going to use the acronym that has become the modern way of us trying to decipher who posters are referring to) but fit as a fiddle for the WC didn’t seem right.
    😁

Plays, musicals and comedy carrying on as normal apart from on the day of the funeral. Not football though.
    "In accordance with industry guidance, theatre performances will continue as planned except for the day of Her Majesty’s state funeral."

Plays, musicals and comedy carrying on as normal apart from on the day of the funeral. Not sport though.
    "In accordance with industry guidance, theatre performances will continue as planned except for the day of Her Majesty’s state funeral."
    ridiculous, what are the EFL thinking

Plays, musicals and comedy carrying on as normal apart from on the day of the funeral. Not football though.
    Football is looking like an”outlier” according to a report I just read - the test match is going ahead tomorrow, as is the golf tournament which started yesterday, there’s rugby league games being played tonight, the weekend’s rugby union programme in England is not affected apart from a game being called off tonight and the Great North run will go ahead as planned on Sunday - why does football see the need to behave differently?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Football is looking like an”outlier” according to a report I just read - the test match is going ahead tomorrow, as is the golf tournament which started yesterday, there’s rugby league games being played tonight, the weekend’s rugby union programme in England is not affected apart from a game being called off tonight and the Great North run will go ahead as planned on Sunday - why does football see the need to behave differently?
    Everything we know about football suggests the sport is run by idiots who are out of touch with reality. This is just another example.

Its not just football.

Look at racing. The St Ledger , last classic of the season postponed tomorrow and rescheduled to Sunday.

Absolutely crazy. Many people will have booked hotels etc and planned for this for many months.

Tomorrow's boxing. All those boxers would have trained and been on diets for tomorrow.

All completely crazy and the commentators putting on sombre voices looking like a close relative has died saying its the right decision we have to mourn etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the royals have a tricky path to set with how they handle this.

of course these occasions are there to remind us all that they are better than us and for us to have reverence, but the world has changed.
    if they push it too far and piss everyone off it could hasten the end of the whole charade
    They've already worked their magic on me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    off to london now hope my concert i,m going to later is not cancelled !
    If it's the Sex Pistols you'll be OK

Football was obviously very close to the heart of her Madge.

Football has unfortunately allowed itself to be politicised more than most sports in recent years meaning they probably tied their own hands on it. It's all over top.

I think most would be very happy with a respectful minutes silence, black armbands etc. In fact, every club doing that across the country, watched by hundreds of thousands of fans would be quite powerful.

West Ham and Man Utd played last night, presumably as it was too late to call off, but no one would consider it disrespectful in the slightest. In fact, as I said earlier, the silence at Old Trafford was impeccable and quite powerful.

I agree with the FSA here:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They've already worked their magic on me.
    their days are numbered if you ask me

the weekend’s rugby union programme in England is not affected apart from a game being called off tonight
    Bristol Bears' match that was supposed to be tonight is now being played tomorrow as Bristol City's match has been postponed (they ground share).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There have been many good times to get rid of them. Every time is a good time. This is just the latest.
    Jon, in light of that comment. What do you think of the Bolshevik "revolution" in Russia, when foriegn communists inspired by Marx and financed by international "bankers" *cough*...took over Russia and executed the ruling and much loved royal family?
    I'll leave the ethnicity of the "Bolsheviks" out of it for a minute, such is their protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Jon, in light of that comment. What do you think of the Bolshevik "revolution" in Russia, when foriegn communists inspired by Marx and financed by international "bankers" *cough*...took over Russia and executed the ruling and much loved royal family?
    I'll leave the ethnicity of the "Bolsheviks" out of it for a minute, such is their protection.
    **** off and take your thinly veiled antisemitism elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Football has unfortunately allowed itself to be politicised more than most sports in recent years meaning they probably tied their own hands on it. It's all over top.

I think most would be very happy with a respectful minutes silence, black armbands etc. In fact, every club doing that across the country, watched by hundreds of thousands of fans would be quite powerful.

West Ham and Man Utd played last night, presumably as it was too late to call off, but no one would consider it disrespectful in the slightest. In fact, as I said earlier, the silence at Old Trafford was impeccable and quite powerful.

I agree with the FSA here:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ed-opportunity
    Not much use amending a train ticket if you don’t know the new date of the fixture.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Football was obviously very close to the heart of her Madge.
    Get your Cardiff / Queen half and half scarfs and Tan / Lizzy tea towels on the way to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Russia, famed for being the only country ever in the history of eternity to get rid of their monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

I’ve seen the “jokes” you post pal, you don’t know what is or isn’t funny

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    **** off and take your thinly veiled antisemitism elsewhere
    He’ll be allowed to continue as usual, don’t say you’re not sad about the Queen though or the mods will have an aneurysm