+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reports of the demise of cash premature?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Reports of the demise of cash premature?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I avoid shops , chippys , takeaways that are cash only.

Small amounts I may use cash otherwise only card.

Pubs i use both. Mostly card since covid though as virtually all pubs now taking card.

Find it bonkers in Tesco at self service the people waiting for a cash till.

Dont get the cash obsession.
    I find it bonkers that people use the self service tills and bonkers that store workers encourage people to use them. Disgusting that lines of checkouts are empty they should be full of till operators, we need people in work earning a living not a beep beep machine.

Many of us remember actually being served at the counter by shop assistants who actually got your goods for you. The way it’s going it won’t be long before the customer is bringing the goods out of the stockrooms on pallet trucks and stacking the shelves themselves.

Scrap the self serve tills, employ more human beings to work the check outs. All this beep beep, pay by card nonsense is turning people into thickoes. Bar staff who can’t add up or subtract is widespread now, ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I find it bonkers that people use the self service tills and bonkers that store workers encourage people to use them. Disgusting that lines of checkouts are empty they should be full of till operators, we need people in work earning a living not a beep beep machine.

Many of us remember actually being served at the counter by shop assistants who actually got your goods for you. The way it’s going it won’t be long before the customer is bringing the goods out of the stockrooms on pallet trucks and stacking the shelves themselves.

Scrap the self serve tills, employ more human beings to work the check outs. All this beep beep, pay by card nonsense is turning people into thickoes. Bar staff who can’t add up or subtract is widespread now, ridiculous.
    There’s stores in London now whereby you register your card, walk in get your groceries and walk out, no tills no nothing just a receipt by email...cashless in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    There’s stores in London now whereby you register your card, walk in get your groceries and walk out, no tills no nothing just a receipt by email...cashless in 10 years.
    The ‘lifters have been doing that for years in Cardiff, no card, no receipt

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

I went into Tesco on Western Avenue a couple of days ago and the line of checkouts wasn't.
    i don't mean it wasn't empty I mean it wasn't Full Stop. They had ripped out 6 or 8 tills and were in the process of extending the self service checkout. It was taking up the space vacated by the tills but had not yet fitted the self swipe ones. So the queue for the existing ones was huge and people with big trollies full of their monthly shop were using them. It was crazy. People trying to use those machines with a whole weekly shopping for a full house is mad !!!