+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

Re: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

Some quotes from forelock tugging rando's across the cross the country on the BBC:

'A mother and grandmother to the country'

'It was a privilege to look into her eyes'

'She was somebody we could really relate to'

'She's always picked us up when we're down'

What the actual f*** is wrong with these people? You didn't know her, you never met her (outside of a 2 second handshake if you were lucky), she wasn't related to any of you and lived in an isolated privileged world that's miles away from the "average" person.

Actually brain washed into thinking the Monarch of a country was somehow "better" than everyone else. It's like the Dark Ages.

My dad is flying in for a visit with the weekend planned around watching my sisters kids play football. Seems as though everything is cancelled. What a ridiculous country we live in. Get a feckin grip Britain they are ****in 7, 9 and 11. 'as a mark of respect, everyone must have a really shit time for a while'

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    Some quotes from forelock tugging rando's across the cross the country on the BBC:

'A mother and grandmother to the country'

'It was a privilege to look into her eyes'

'She was somebody we could really relate to'

'She's always picked us up when we're down'

What the actual f*** is wrong with these people? You didn't know her, you never met her (outside of a 2 second handshake if you were lucky), she wasn't related to any of you and lived in an isolated privileged world that's miles away from the "average" person.

Actually brain washed into thinking the Monarch of a country was somehow "better" than everyone else. It's like the Dark Ages.
    Fecking demented saps

Some middle aged bloke was actually crying on radio 5 live this morning . I don't know if they were fake or genuine tears but they are pathetic

The leader of the Liberal Democrats is now on his feet talking about ......a profound loss .....and a united country . It is hard to see how we will go on without her ? 💔

This is fecking sickening

It really does feel like we're living in some sort of old fashioned Victorian era.
    Cancelling all sports benefits nobody. It's detrimental to the mental well-being of many. We'll have a whole weekend with no sport, hearing about nothing other than the queen, and putting up with the Mrs 😭

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's no Prince of Wales now.
    God save Queen Camilla.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

It will soon be the Dark Ages when people can't afford to pay their electricity bills.

Good old Charles. the man who had an ambition to be a tampon is now king!

I'm still can't get used to the idea of calling the monarch King Charles, as I can't help but follow it with the word Spaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking demented saps

Some middle aged bloke was actually crying on radio 5 live this morning . I don't know if they were fake or genuine tears but they are pathetic

The leader of the Liberal Democrats is now on his feet talking about ......a profound loss .....and a united country . It is hard to see how we will go on without her ? 💔

I’m assuming by your attitude, none of your family have been in the armed forces then ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’m assuming by your attitude, none of your family have been in the armed forces then ?
    What does that have to do with being distraught over the queen dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What does that have to do with being distraught over the queen dying?
    Most arms forces people I know , my family included swear allegiance to the Queen and most I know of are respectful of her passing.

I don’t think anyone is distraught though, are they, apart from the usual sheep types who support “The Current Thing”

Most arms forces people I know , my family included swear allegiance to the Queen and most I know of are respectful of her passing.

I don’t think anyone is distraught though, are they, apart from the usual sheep types who support “The Current Thing”
    There’s absolutely people who are distraught. People are in tears about it.

If they are in support of”The Current Thing” they they are going to be , makes a change from Ukraine, or Covid , or whatever was topical prior to that

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Good old Charles. the man who had an ambition to be a tampon is now king!
    Sounds like ideal material for a period drama.

Fecking demented saps

The leader of the Liberal Democrats is now on his feet talking about ......a profound loss .....and a united country . It is hard to see how we will go on without her ? ��

Are they doing you ( or anybody else ) any harm ? ? ? the answer is no, so let them get on with it, if they want to cry, let them, if they want to mourn and walk around with a black armband on, let them, if they want to get the train down to Buck House and lay some flowers, let them, they are not harming / offending anyone

its easy enough to ignore it, just turn the TV / radio off ( though I also get it will also give people less to moan about ) we will miss 2 weekends of sport, big deal, do something else with your time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Are they doing you ( or anybody else ) any harm ? ? ? the answer is no, so let them get on with it, if they want to cry, let them, if they want to mourn and walk around with a black armband on, let them, if they want to get the train down to Buck House and lay some flowers, let them, they are not harming / offending anyone

its easy enough to ignore it, just turn the TV / radio off ( though I also get it will also give people less to moan about ) we will miss 2 weekends of sport, big deal, do something else with your time
    There's loads of things we can accurately say "it's easy to ignore", but I don't think the day after the death of the queen is one of them.

I'm not saying this because I'm a rabid anti monarchist, I'm not, but it's just not correct.

From a family of pacifists apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's loads of things we can accurately say "it's easy to ignore", but I don't think the day after the death of the queen is one of them.

I'm not saying this because I'm a rabid anti monarchist, I'm not, but it's just not correct.
    you could turn the TV off and not watch The leader of the Liberal Democrats talking about the country loss, or many of the foreign leaders paying respect etc etc thats a fact, Ive not had the TV on all day, Ive gone for a walk with the dogs, popped into town and grabbed a coffee, gone and picked up my daughter from school, not come into anything Royal mourning all day, only mention of it is on here ( which I could of course ignore the thread ) saying that, the mourning doesn't bother me anyway

you could turn the TV off and not watch The leader of the Liberal Democrats talking about the country loss, or many of the foreign leaders paying respect etc etc thats a fact, Ive not had the TV on all day, Ive gone for a walk with the dogs, popped into town and grabbed a coffee, gone and picked up my daughter from school, not come into anything Royal mourning all day, only mention of it is on here ( which I could of course ignore the thread ) saying that, the mourning doesn't bother me anyway
    Or you could go to a football game. Oh, hang on......

Matt wanks onto the Queen side of a £5 note pass it on

You need to get a job matt...

Well no they are when the hysteria ruins peoples plans. My dad was coming down to watch niece and nephew play football and it has been cancelled. In what universe is cancelling kids activities a mark of the respect. The FA made that over reach because of the hand wringing flag wavers and wanting to be seen to be mourning properly. So yeah it's damaging.

As a person who served 6 years in the army and whose father was in the RAF for 22 years, I do not give a toss for the monarchy. Yes, an elderly woman in her 90’s has died, but that is a matter for her family. My oath of allegiance was for the period of my service, as I have got older, more world weary and cynical, the more republican I have become.

In my previous role as a paramedic I have come across many elderly people who are neglected and who have died in their homes in horrific personal circumstance. Many being found lying in their bodily fluids for days unnoticed. Nobody but their closest family mourning them, if they were lucky. So I don’t shed any tears for a rich and powerful woman who has had a lifestyle that few could only dream of.

Sycophantic creeps all over the place

Starmers speech in the commons .......the whole house .....the whole country ......united in mourning at her passing

What a load of fawning bullshit
    Starmer disappointed me; just currying favour

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    As a person who served 6 years in the army and whose father was in the RAF for 22 years, I do not give a toss for the monarchy. Yes, an elderly woman in her 90’s has died, but that is a matter for her family. My oath of allegiance was for the period of my service, as I have got older, more world weary and cynical, the more republican I have become.

In my previous role as a paramedic I have come across many elderly people who are neglected and who have died in their homes in horrific personal circumstance. Many being found lying in their bodily fluids for days unnoticed. Nobody but their closest family mourning them, if they were lucky. So I don’t shed any tears for a rich and powerful woman who has had a lifestyle that few could only dream of.
    Your viewpoint is poles apart from mine I’m afraid but then again I’m not as cynical as you.

I’m not going to shed any tears either, but I’m sad that she has passed away and don’t understand why people have to be abusive towards the subject.

If you don’t like the former Queen or the Monarchy, fine , but that should be for another time or at the very least in a separate subject matter.