+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

Re: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Shocking. Doesn’t Trev understand that this should be a carnival of forelock tugging, deference and faux grief! No place for comment on the role of the monarchy or the way the country changed or didn’t under the last hereditary head of state.
    Plenty of people on Twitter who get so wound up about cancel culture calling for him to be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    It was an absurd life, and while there are suggestions she was a rock amidst the world shambling around her, I'd say Elizabeth Windsor and the rest of her institution, with the weight of the centuries behind it, merely stayed put and maintained the status quo, letting the artifice and pageantry do the talking when necessary. This seems to be enough for all those looking or conditioned to look for "identity" or leadership when it's not really anything of the sort. But there we are.

The presence of "royalty" is, amongst other things, a mainstay of inequality and subordination. It's a sad day, and will be a sad week, mostly because it's all a symbol of how happy some are to accept that.
    Completely agree

As a Welshman with an Irish surname I'm struggling to give a toss about the Queen of England dying.

Although I do find it funny that after meeting Boris Johnson and Liz Truss in close succession she thought "F** this" and peaced out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Plenty of people on Twitter who get so wound up about cancel culture calling for him to be cancelled.
    So painfully predictable that would happen too.

You only have to look on here for the person who loves Grenfel threads and gets up in a snowflake heap any time something offends him.

What these people mean is they should be able to say whatever they like.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    The only over the top thing is the reaction of the paupers of the United Kingdom who are crying and saying that the Queen “loved them” and they “loved her”. Ridiculous tosh, cost of living crisis forgotten because ridiculously rich women dies. ****ing mental this country.
    Some cnut on BBC News said the energy bills price crisis is “of course insignificant now given the gravity of the situation”
    How dare I worry about losing my job when a 96 year old lady has died of old age.

You lucky people have a new prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Some cnut on BBC News said the energy bills price crisis is “of course insignificant now given the gravity of the situation”
    How dare I worry about losing my job when a 96 year old lady has died of old age.
    I hope that was some loony member of the public and not a journalist.

She seemed nice enough. Can we get on with our lives now please?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    oh come on, some of the responses have been well over the top in this thread
    No they haven't. You are very selective, we've had a right wing loon on here recently openly saying that different races shouldn't mix, both sexually and culturally. You said nothing .

I tuned into Talksport yesterday morning for a few minutes. Ex footballer Mario Melchiot apparently was getting his 1st name wrong. To sum up it ended with Sinclair saying " He'll have to come into the studio and we'll have a frank together'. The presenter was embarrassed but Sinclair kept giggling like a child in the background. They then went to the racing and the bloke their said" let's hope we can have some semblence of decency here...".

He's a moron.

“Racism was outlawed in England in the 60’s yet it’s been allowed to thrive so why should black and brown mourn”
    Idiot. I listen to talk sport quite a bit and his biased and uneducated comments on there are boring. He can never back up his arguments with Simon Jordan and pretty much acts like an infant. Add this stupid comment now and the fact he has multiple drink drive convictions time for them to give him the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Idiot. I listen to talk sport quite a bit and his biased and uneducated comments on there are boring. He can never back up his arguments with Simon Jordan and pretty much acts like an infant. Add this stupid comment now and the fact he has multiple drink drive convictions time for them to give him the boot.
    I'm not supporting what he said, but shouldn't he be free to say exactly what he likes? That's what so called libertarians are always telling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    His account has virtually been deleted.
    What shocks me is he did nothing last night to retract his statement or delete it.
    I reckon he's had a skin-full, posted that, and then passed out.
    Probably woke up early hours this morning thinking "FUUUUUCCKKK!"

I'm not supporting what he said, but shouldn't he be free to say exactly what he likes? That's what so called libertarians are always telling us.
    Absolutely.
    I think this is obviously more about the timing. Not his smartest social media post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I hope that was some loony member of the public and not a journalist.
    Nope a presenter

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Absolutely.
    I think this is obviously more about the timing. Not his smartest social media post.
    He's been convicted of drink driving twice - the 1st time he knocked down a woman. The 2nd time he urinated in the police car when he was arrested and was also convicted of racial abuse calling the policeman a 'white c*nt'.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's been convicted of drink driving twice - the 1st time he knocked down a woman. The 2nd time he urinated in the police car when he was arrested and was also convicted of racial abuse calling the policeman a 'white c*nt'.
    I know, that's what makes it very ironic and far worse for him.
    Firstly he's shouting about racism, which he himself had been arrested for previously, and then he's basically suggesting that the queen is somehow implicated or responsible for what he perceives as an entire nations racism.
    We'll never know whether the queen was racist or not, but we do know that she was never arrested for racism and she probably had no input or involvement with anything much in her entire 70 year tenure as queen.
    He's just made himself look a right bellend really.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    No they haven't. You are very selective, we've had a right wing loon on here recently openly saying that different races shouldn't mix, both sexually and culturally. You said nothing .
    Stop telling lies

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Stop chatting shit old nut ..how do you know she never been in a pub or on public transport, it's widely known she was out in London when WW2 ended.
    He's probably just repeating rubbish he's read on Twitter from activists. As is the way on here from a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    He's probably just repeating rubbish he's read on Twitter
    Oh the irony

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Stop telling lies
    Speak of the Devil.........

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You lucky people have a new prince.
    There's no Prince of Wales now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Good post.
    Agreed, very well put

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There's no Prince of Wales now.
    Best wait a while and one should be along soon.

Sycophantic creeps all over the place

Starmers speech in the commons .......the whole house .....the whole country ......united in mourning at her passing

What a load of fawning bullshit