+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

Aged 96

Re: The Queen is dead. Confirmed at 6.30 by Buckingham Palace

According to somebody on the bus I’m on she passed away at 14:00 today and the press were notified but there was an embargo due to a protocol that has to be followed. Admittedly not a reliable source.

Started to look like this was the case, family all rushing to Balmoral etc.
    Sounds like she may have passed a little while ago, BBC clearly knew.

A life of wonderful service.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    According to somebody on the bus I’m on she passed away at 14:00 today and the press were notified but there was an embargo due to a protocol that has to be followed. Admittedly not a reliable source.
    Announcement 30 minutes later than planned. Yes....embargoed....sort of.

I’ve no time for Royalty, but I always said that if we had to have a Monarch, she was a pretty good one.

It’s strange, she’s been there all of my life - don’t really know what to think now she’s gone, but I hope she rests in peace, she deserves that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve no time for Royalty, but I always said that if we have to have a Monarch, she was a pretty good one.
    I agree with that sentiment. I'm not a royalist but we obviously could have had worse kings/queen's. Charlie's a worry

Not that she ever did anything mind you, her influence seemed to be largely non-existant.

It is a bit surreal though, she was queen when most of us were born and has been ever since.

Like you, I'm not sure how I feel, it's a bit weird in a sense, having one queen for so long.

She was a credit to the nation and one of the most respected people on the planet.

The fact that she has died on the day I buried my father makes it even more poignant.

RIP Your Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post

RIP

There's such a hierarchy of how this news is spread through official sources, that us subjects would always hear a few hours after the event.
    Looking at the photo of others arriving at Balmoral I would guess that she'd already passed before they arrived.

Thanks for your service Ma'am.

RIP

RIP

I’ve no time for Royalty, but I always said that if we had to have a Monarch, she was a pretty good one.

It’s strange, she’s been there all of my life - don’t really know what to think now she’s gone, but I hope she rests in peace, she deserves that.
    Yep. Most of us probably feel the same way.

RIP

I liked the queen. As a young woman she strode the global stage with beauty and grace. In her twilight years she adopted the aspect of a kindly grandmother. Like many of us, I suppose, who have never known a different monarch, I rather took her for granted — the Christmas messages, the speeches opening parliament, the endless ribbon cuttings. I don't live for the monarchy, but neither do I object to it. It gives Britain a distinct flavour in the community of nations, and I do enjoy the pageantry and the tradition. But the value of all this depends much on the quality of the monarch, and Elizabeth II stood high in this regard.

RIP.

She was ok, loads of dignity, a great ambassador..........but those frigging hangers on!!!!

RIP a very genuine and decent person who served country and commonwealth.

Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    I liked the queen. As a young woman she strode the global stage with beauty and grace. In her twilight years she adopted the aspect of a kindly grandmother. Like many of us, I suppose, who have never known a different monarch, I rather took her for granted — the Christmas messages, the speeches opening parliament, the endless ribbon cuttings. I don't live for the monarchy, but neither do I object to it. It gives Britain a distinct flavour in the community of nations, and I do enjoy the pageantry and the tradition. But the value of all this depends much on the quality of the monarch, and Elizabeth II stood high in this regard.

RIP.
    That is a wonderful tribute and your sentiments will be echoed by many.

RIP maam. You were both dedicated and dignified.
    The monarchy will never be the same.

Look out all the hangers on!

RIP

RIP.
    Hear hear.

RIP.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts also. Well said