+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier League matches postponed.

Re: Premier League matches postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems that the test match may go ahead tomorrow.
    Bloody madness.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Hope so. Really looking forward to that. Gonna be one hell of a scrap. Surely they wont postpone it. Both fighters will have made the weight, and will be primed for tomorrow evening.
    On a side note, this nonsense of the whole country is in official mourning is doing my nut in.
    I’m no Royalist, but she was good at what she did, and it’s sad that she’s gone, and 96 yrs is a good bat, but that’s about it for me.
    FFS. The fight is off now as well.

Saying on TS now, that next weeks games maybe postponed as well due to the funeral.
    Countries gone mad !

Saying on TS now, that next weeks games maybe postponed as well due to the funeral.
    Countries gone mad !
    if you're going to postpone any, then the day of the funeral is understandable

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Will you eat the month old pie?
    But but but what about the pies? Lol

Saw this picture on Twitter and it turns out the whole Premier League has black & white profile badges so I thought I'd check us out.

It seems the entire Championship also has black & white profile pictures... except Cardiff and Swansea.

This seems to be one occasion when this board is in perfect harmony on a subject

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS. The fight is off now as well.
    It’s all absolute bollox!
    As usual “Her Majesty’s subjects” have just got to bow down. Even after she’s thrown a 7!

Countries gone mad !
    No it’s all very normal here https://twitter.com/mentalheadline/s...V3g175d5m_1TmQ

Local games off as well Perhaps Charles had something to do with it, I can imagine him, “Camilla, that fecking Bridgend Street had better not be playing on Saturday, I’ll be straight down Fleurs to sort them out if they are”.

The EFL have postponed the fixtures.Not the Royal Family.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This one FFS mun https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/...pOXPubtR2mG73A

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    The EFL have postponed the fixtures.Not the Royal Family.
    You think they wouldn’t have cancelled without The Firm’s say so.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Underneath that one

https://twitter.com/unfortunatalie/s...gJS17qkFS3YKmg

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    In a few words “tough s**t”.
    That was harsh, it's not this poor chaps fault this woman died. How about Buck House doing the decent thing and at least refund his expenses?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I’m glad it’s off, we would have made tits of ourselves during any minutes silence.
    Something like that has become more likely when we play again I’d say following the ludicrous decision to effectively ban football this weekend.

I see the English rugby is going ahead. All games in Wales cancelled. Senghenydd rugby club will lose £4,000 today as a result of not having a game. Ludicrous!

Great piece Bob 👍

Probably as good a blog as you have written.
    Agree wholeheartedly about the pointlessness of calling football off.
    My view is that the authorities were leaned on by a Government which has a visceral dislike of football, the UK'S highest profile sport, and what it stands for.
    Perhaps, on reflection for the best. Imagine if the boos started at Liverpool or Cardiff. Would be massive news and detrimental to the game as a whole, whatever over feelings on the Monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    My view is that the authorities were leaned on by a Government which has a visceral dislike of football, the UK'S highest profile sport, and what it stands for.
    Perhaps, on reflection for the best. Imagine if the boos started at Liverpool or Cardiff. Would be massive news and detrimental to the game as a whole, whatever over feelings on the Monarchy.

Yes im watching the cricket now. Good tribute before, not to over the top but all done and now on with the game. SA 32/5 so its a good watch if anyone likes cricket.

However the only reason football is off is surely as Liverpool and cardiff are at home. They can trust a test match crowd or an English rugby crowd but Liverpool and cardiff always boo GSTQ, they just decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Of course its just delaying it but the news will have moved on by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes im watching the cricket now. Good tribute before, not to over the top but all done and now on with the game. SA 32/5 so its a good watch if anyone likes cricket.

However the only reason football is off is surely as Liverpool and cardiff are at home. They can trust a test match crowd or an English rugby crowd but Liverpool and cardiff always boo GSTQ, they just decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Of course its just delaying it but the news will have moved on by then.
    Moved on to what? I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Celtic also

It wouldn't be just Liverpool and Cardiff fans booing. Support for the monarchy isn't unanimous outside of the 2 cities. During the jubilee a YouGov poll had 22% of respondents who supported abolishing the monarchy. During the jubilee is when you'd imagine support would be at it's highest too.

It would only take a handful of people to voice their opposition for the minute silence to descend into chaos. Just look at what happened at the Hearts game on Thursday. One person shouted "**** the queen", they got booed, then in retaliation people tried to sing GSTQ, then that got booed all culminating in the minute silence being cut short by the ref. Behind Rangers, Hearts are the most royalist/unionist club in Scotland.

Utter rubbish.

We wont boo.

All football and sport should have gone ahead. Our fans would have been respectful im sure.

Dont mix Cardiff with certain fan bases.