+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Premier League matches postponed.

Re: Premier League matches postponed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Utter rubbish.

We wont boo.

All football and sport should have gone ahead. Our fans would have been respectful im sure.

Dont mix Cardiff with certain fan bases.
    I don’t think a minute’s silence would be booed, I 100% think GTSQ would be

The football authorities are being a tad precious about all this. People may boo yes, that's life. Sooner or.later it will happen; they can't shut football down forever.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Shops, pubs, cinemas, restaurants, cafes etc all open but football is postponed. Idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I don’t think a minute’s silence would be booed, I 100% think GTSQ would be
    100% it would be booed in my opinion.

Great piece Paul.
    Utter disrespect for the majority.
    No change there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Shops, pubs, cinemas, restaurants, cafes etc all open but football is postponed. Idiotic.
    Ridiculous situation locally that youth rugby was allowed but not senior rugby and all football off?

Didn't know the queen but she didn't seem to be the type of person who would have wanted this faux mourning.

Made the point before but I feel for people who lost money in this fans local businesses etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Ridiculous situation locally that youth rugby was allowed but not senior rugby and all football off?

Didn't know the queen but she didn't seem to be the type of person who would have wanted this faux mourning.

Made the point before but I feel for people who lost money in this fans local businesses etc
    I had every intention of going out for a pint or two yesterday even though the game was off but didn’t bother in the end. Stayed in all day, multiply that by the number of football fans who also felt the same as me and said f*ck it!. The economy must have taken a hell of a hit in a time when its desperate for a boost, that can’t be good for the low morale that’s prevalent.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I had every intention of going out for a pint or two yesterday even though the game was off but didn’t bother in the end. Stayed in all day, multiply that by the number of football fans who also felt the same as me and said f*ck it!. The economy must have taken a hell of a hit in a time when its desperate for a boost, that can’t be good for the low morale that’s prevalent.
    How could you stick the telly coverage that's been on? I had to get out, it's been driving me nuts.

And it will undoubtedly build resentment when we do go back to stadiums and people expect reverence and decorum and if there isn't it will be seen as a backlash against the queen when in reality it will be a backlash against the out of touch authorities who think they know best

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    A few good points made here. Additionally, surely it would be better to mark the Queen's demise by holding the matches and have a minutes silence before a match starts with the players wearing black armbands. If anyone thinks this is disrespectful then they don't have to turn up or even watch matches on TV.
    That was the original plan until FA got their say. Can't say I'll be going to the midweek rearranged Hull match due to the travel involved. Will there be a refund on the ST for the postponed match...no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    How could you stick the telly coverage that's been on? I had to get out, it's been driving me nuts.
    Watched ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ and back to back ‘Fast Shows’. Avoided mainstream TV.

As usual, well written and a perfect summary of events and their consequences.

Watched ‘Welcome to Wrexham’ and back to back ‘Fast Shows’. Avoided mainstream TV.
    Good choices👍, I never saw those. It got so bad for me I started to search for repeats of the Teletubbies.

Good choices��, I never saw those. It got so bad for me I started to search for repeats of the Teletubbies.
    My missus went out with her mates to a do at the Earl Haig, Whitchurch, I dropped them up and picked them up later on. After dropping her up, I didn’t know she’d phone for me to get them later so was going to nip out. When I got into The Fast Show though time flew and I ploughed right through it, so bloody good. They were struggling for a taxi so she’s got Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson & crew to thank

I've been painting the hall and stairs

My missus went out with her mates to a do at the Earl Haig, Whitchurch, I dropped them up and picked them up later on. After dropping her up, I didn’t know she’d phone for me to get them later so was going to nip out. When I got into The Fast Show though time flew and I ploughed right through it, so bloody good. They were struggling for a taxi so she’s got Paul Whitehouse, Charlie Higson & crew to thank
    Brilliant series 👍 Have you tried Curb Your Enthusiasm? That's worth inspecting.

Brilliant series �� Have you tried Curb Your Enthusiasm? That's worth inspecting.
    God, I binged on Curb a while back, I was on the verge of needing therapy, Larry had me more on edge than Brent, Fawlty & Partridge combined!!!!!!!!

Premier League this coming weekend:

Three games postponed. Some kick off time changes.

FceAKBsWYAATW3J.jpg