+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Premier League matches postponed.

Re: Premier League matches postponed.

the rugby hasnt been called off

Make the serfs work Friday but like f*** can they enjoy themselves the day after, though.

Need to be bored shitless while thinking of ARE LIZ who's last meaningful contribution as a Royal was to help her noncey son pay off his accusers.

Bingo will continue to be played in workingmens clubs this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    the rugby hasnt been called off
    Cardiff Blues game tonight is off

Pathetic

We're alright to go to work but it's disrespectful to enjoy ourselves on the weekend. Pisstake.

Absolutely pathetic decision - have a look at the last paragraph of this piece;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/62846756

I wrote in another thread about the precedent of the Queen’s Father’s death where there were games played three days after his death. Yes, it was a long time ago, but how can you justify the change of heart from then? My view is that there seems to be a desire to show that the current UK “cares” more than past ones did - why is there a need for two minutes silences for some things now when one was always considered enough? It’s the gesture that counts, not that it goes on longer than anyone else’s does.

To repeat myself from another post, we’ve got unions cancelling strikes and telling their members they have to work and bosses at the Premier Leagues and EFL telling the workers that they’re cannot work this weekend - this country can be ridiculous at times!

I hope other sports will decide to go ahead and show football how wrong they’ve got this, but I’ve not much hope that they will.

Are we all going to be forced to wear sackcloth and ashes for getting on for three weeks because the head of an institution that significant numbers of the population think should not exist has died?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Absolutely pathetic decision - have a look at the last paragraph of this piece;-

I wrote in another thread about the precedent of the Queen’s Father’s death where there were games played three days after his death. Yes, it was a long time ago, but how can you justify the change of heart from then? My view is that there seems to be a desire to show that the current UK “cares” more than past ones did - why is there a need for two minutes silences for some things now when one was always considered enough? It’s the gesture that counts, not that it goes on longer than anyone else’s does.

To repeat myself from another post, we’ve got unions cancelling strikes and telling their members they have to work and bosses at the Premier Leagues and EFL telling the workers that they’re cannot work this weekend - this country can be ridiculous at times!

I hope other sports will decide to go ahead and show football how wrong they’ve got this, but I’ve not much hope that they will.

Are we all getting to be forced to wear sackcloth and ashes for getting on for three weeks because the head of an institution that significant numbers of the population think should not exist has died?
    A few good points made here. Additionally, surely it would be better to mark the Queen's demise by holding the matches and have a minutes silence before a match starts with the players wearing black armbands. If anyone thinks this is disrespectful then they don't have to turn up or even watch matches on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    I’m glad it’s off, we would have made tits of ourselves during any minutes silence.
    My thoughts exactly

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    That will happen whenever the next game is played. It’s not a let off.

All UK racing off tomorrow. However St Ledger meeting moved to Saturday.

I think Shields and Marshall are still punching lumps out of each though.

grassroots games all off this weekend too

So instead of going to the game where they could have done stuff like worn armbands and had some sort of formal tribute before the game we could have taken part in I'm now just going to stay in the same pub I would have gone to pre game anyway and get plastered there instead... Is that a better tribute? I don't think so but I don't really care about the monarchy so whatever.
    From time to time when I catch the muted, inescapable and depressing coverage on the TV I'll be reminded that the Palace and the gov didn't say the games actually had to be called off and the football league has shit the bed on this

As soon as 1 or 2 sports decide to cancel, others will appear to some to be disrespectful if they don't follow suit. Dont agree with it, but I guess the question now is what happens next weekend, when the chances are that her funeral hasn't taken place.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    EFL OFF
    Same to you mate!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    As soon as 1 or 2 sports decide to cancel, others will appear to some to be disrespectful if they don't follow suit. Dont agree with it, but I guess the question now is what happens next weekend, when the chances are that her funeral hasn't taken place.
    Think the funeral’s on Monday 19th isn’t it?

But what about people like myself who have paid for travel and maybe accommodation also.

My return train fare was £45.40 and the train company probably will not refund me anything as their journeys will still run. Nonetheless I have already emailed them asking the question!

Think the funeral’s on Monday 19th isn’t it?
    Think so.
    If matches go ahead next week with armbands and a minutes silence, then why couldn't that be done this weekend?

Are we all going to be forced to wear sackcloth and ashes for getting on for three weeks because the head of an institution that significant numbers of the population think should not exist has died?
    Let’s all go up to Doncaster on Sunday have a betting spree, get p*ssed up. Horse Racing is the sport of Kings and Queens. .

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    But what about people like myself who have paid for travel and maybe accommodation also.

My return train fare was £45.40 and the train company probably will not refund me anything as their journeys will still run. Nonetheless I have already emailed them asking the question!
    In a few words “tough s**t”.

Tough. They don’t care about regular people. Never have and never will.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Think so.
    If matches go ahead next week with armbands and a minutes silence, then why couldn't that be done this weekend?
    Agreed.

So basically only spectator sports effected by this? Everything else is still going on as normal?
    Absolutely furious about the game being called off, pathetic decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    All UK racing off tomorrow. However St Ledger meeting moved to Saturday.

I think Shields and Marshall are still punching lumps out of each though.
    Hope so. Really looking forward to that. Gonna be one hell of a scrap. Surely they wont postpone it. Both fighters will have made the weight, and will be primed for tomorrow evening.
    On a side note, this nonsense of the whole country is in official mourning is doing my nut in.
    I’m no Royalist, but she was good at what she did, and it’s sad that she’s gone, and 96 yrs is a good bat, but that’s about it for me.

Try emailing Chuck.

Seems that the test match may go ahead tomorrow.