+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Prince William inherits £1bn estate

Re: Prince William inherits £1bn estate

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    So what? How does “history” help those dying on our streets, or struggling to put food on the table when these people own billions in assets? In this day and age it’s risible that we are subservient to people who in no way are superior over the rest of us.
    I live in what would be classed as a deprived area, haven't seen anyone dead on the street. Don't believe everything you read just a bit of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I live in what would be classed as a deprived area, haven't seen anyone dead on the street. Don't believe everything you read just a bit of advice.
    It is a fact those living on the streets die a lot younger than average
    You would only have to work in a school to know how desperate things are for some some children whose parent/s struggle to put food on the table for them. My son deals with this on a regular basis

The Royals are no better than the rest of us

No they go back to a one room flat and die.

Can you elaborate on that very emotive statement?
    Pearcey put it better than I did.

The last two years have proved categorically that we ARE IN NO WAY “in this together”. The rich get rich, the poor get poorer, it’s sickening

It's called history, in 100 years time questions will be asked in classrooms about these times. People are so short sighted. HISTORY
    Are you saying that without the royals this period of history, which has seen a pandemic, an historic exit from the EU and the potential collapse of the union itself, not to mention the numerous crises and wars, wouldn't be studied?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Being against something doesn't make someone bitter and twisted. (If so, you are bitter and twisted against republicans).
    Secondly, posters have given various reasons for their being against the concept of royalty and not just on financial grounds.
    Thirdly, "being brought up on our history" is totally meaningless (and which included slavery, boys having to climb up chimneys, killing aboriginal people etc).
    Fourthly, the concept of royalty is not unique to this country (even if their semi-deification seems that way).
    1 Being bitter and twisted is moaning about something that you have no control over. 2 It's all about the money 3 History is not meaningless 4 it's not unique but why should we ditch it for a few keyboard warriors?

It's called history, in 100 years time questions will be asked in classrooms about these times. People are so short sighted. HISTORY
    Trick question in 2122 GCSE History.....Who did Cardiff City play at home on 10 September 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Are you saying that without the royals this period of history, which has seen a pandemic, an historic exit from the EU and the potential collapse of the union itself, not to mention the numerous crises and wars, wouldn't be studied?
    Black death or Henry the VIII
    what would most people have knowledge about?

.....why should we ditch it for a few keyboard warriors?
    I agree entirely. I think it's high time we had a referendum. Then we would see what the public really thinks.

(I should add that although I'm against the monarchy in principle, I'm not opposed to the current Royal Family as individuals. They had no more control over which bed they were born in than I did.)

1 Being bitter and twisted is moaning about something that you have no control over. The French were like that at one point in time.
    2 It's all about the money. Too facking right it is they raped and pillaged most of the third world for its mineral wealth its time nations were given it back Wales included.
    3 History is not meaningless. No its not but if you don't learn from its mistakes it's pretty worthless. unique but why should we ditch it for a few keyboard warriors?
    Its a bit more than keyboard warriors the union is on its last legs along with the monarchy.
    Vive la Republic
    Vive la Republic

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    No they go back to a one room flat and die.
    People die on the streets of Cardiff, in hostels and in hospitals most nights

The life expectancy of homeless people is around 50

But never mind that , God save the queen

Black death or Henry the VIII
    what would most people have knowledge about?
    Probably the latter. So because we were taught more about the royals we need to have more royals? Not sure about the point here. If we focus more on the plague will we get more commemorative black death tea towels?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People die on the streets of Cardiff, in hostels and in hospitals most nights

The life expectancy of homeless people is around 50

But never mind that , God save the queen
    Are you saying that every death of a homeless person is the fault of the Royal family?

1 Being bitter and twisted is moaning about something that you have no control over. 2 It's all about the money 3 History is not meaningless 4 it's not unique but why should we ditch it for a few keyboard warriors?
    1. Your definition of 'bitter and twisted' is not worth responding to as it's downright silly.
    2. You have obviously not read the various posts about privelege etc.
    3. I didn't say history is meaningless, as such. You got that wrong too.
    4. So what you said was unique now isn't unique? And people expressing their opinions to yours are keyboard warriors?

So much for intelligent debate.

You’ve never moaned about something you have no control over?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You’ve never moaned about something you have no control over?
    I haven't, have you?

I haven't, have you?
    You did on the ‘Hitler’ thread......short memory

Are you saying that every death of a homeless person is the fault of the Royal family?
    No but you said you have never seen people dying on the streets

That doesn't mean it isn't happening

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You did on the ‘Hitler’ thread......short memory
    Slipknot

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I agree entirely. I think it's high time we had a referendum. Then we would see what the public really thinks.

(I should add that although I'm against the monarchy in principle, I'm not opposed to the current Royal Family as individuals. They had no more control over which bed they were born in than I did.)
    How do you think things should play out if Scotland and Wales voted to abolish/ignore the monarchy?

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    How do you think things should play out if Scotland and Wales voted to abolish/ignore the monarchy?
    magnificently

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    magnificently
    But but but but what about all the tourist money?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I'm sure we will think of something to spend it on ;)

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    It’ll be a bugger taking down Balmoral carefully and rebuilding it in Watford or somewhere

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’ll be a bugger taking down Balmoral carefully and rebuilding it in Watford or somewhere
    In the Welsh Folk Museum, shirley.