+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCMB changes

CCMB changes

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’d like to see this MB change to us all having to use our real identities.
    So would I. That's something I've always advocated, but it will never happen.

I believe this message board is currently in far and away the worst state it's ever been in, and it's now a complete and utter shambles. CCMB is dominated by two deranged individuals who seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than continually post divisive rubbish on here, and there are a number of other cowardly morons who keep reappearing under various different usernames in order to disrupt pretty much every thread. Meanwhile, the board's one and only regular moderator isn't in any way fit for the role.

It's a shame, as CCMB used to be great fun and it had a significant number of decent contributors, but it's gone from bad to worse in recent years. Standards have slowly but very surely plummeted and it's reached the stage where most of the best posters have already left, and the remainder are posting less and less often.

I think the time has come for this particular section of CCMB to become a dedicated football-only message board. All other subjects should be either discussed in another part of the forum, or the threads concerning anything else should be instantly deleted.

CCMB is on its knees and desperately needs to change. Mike has a decision to make, because it can't carry on like it is now.

Re: CCMB changes

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So would I. That's something I've always advocated, but it will never happen.

I believe this message board is currently in far and away the worst state it's ever been in, and it's now a complete and utter shambles. CCMB is dominated by two deranged individuals who seem to have nothing better to do with their lives than continually post divisive rubbish on here, and there are a number of other cowardly morons who keep reappearing under various different usernames in order to disrupt pretty much every thread. Meanwhile, the board's one and only regular moderator isn't in any way fit for the role.

It's a shame, as CCMB used to be great fun and it had a significant number of decent contributors, but it's gone from bad to worse in recent years. Standards have slowly but very surely plummeted and it's reached the stage where most of the best posters have already left, and the remainder are posting less and less often.

I think the time has come for this particular section of CCMB to become a dedicated football-only message board. All other subjects should be either discussed in another part of the forum, or the threads concerning anything else should be instantly deleted.

CCMB is on its knees and desperately needs to change. Mike has a decision to make, because it can't carry on like it is now.
    Good points TLG. I've always believed in a place for all to come together but as we've seen over the years things can get out of hand and changes have to made.

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now. I think a Cardiff City only board would be too restrictive, so all football would have to be included. And I also like the posters helping posters threads like asking for advice / recommendations. I think they should stay as well.

Anything else can go into another sub forum.

So do we just have one 'other' forum or keep a politics forum, a welsh forum and the alternative as we do now.

I can change the forum descriptions and if anything off topic is posted on the main board I'll move them for a period of time but if we get repeat offenders posting deliberately in the wrong place they can be better moderated or have reduced privileges.

I post using my real name, as I’ve nothing to hide but I do think it’d be a good idea more widely enforced.

It’s a shame things have got this bad in here, there are still some fantastic people in here that keep me going.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you look around you will see that society in general is on it's knees, and the government played a big part in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Good points TLG. I've always believed in a place for all to come together but as we've seen over the years things can get out of hand and changes have to made.

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now. I think a Cardiff City only board would be too restrictive, so all football would have to be included. And I also like the posters helping posters threads like asking for advice / recommendations. I think they should stay as well.

So do we just have one 'other' forum or keep a politics forum, a welsh forum and the alternative as we do now.

I can change the forum descriptions and if anything off topic is posted on the main board I'll move them for a period of time but if we get repeat offenders posting deliberately in the wrong place they can be better moderated or have reduced privileges.
    Just to say Mike, overall, this really is a brilliant board and most of the people who post on here are wonderful and often provide great entertainment and information.

If any changes were to be contemplated I think they would only require to be small tweaks. Compared to another board which shall forever remain unnamed, this board is top notch.

There are a still a hardcore of decent posters on here, some serious, some not so. I hope they continue despite the best efforts of certain individuals to disrupt this excellent and sometimes life saving message board.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    I post using my real name, as I’ve nothing to hide but I do think it’d be a good idea more widely enforced.

It’s a shame things have got this bad in here, there are still some fantastic people in here that keep me going.
    Did Mrs 1927, your mother, really name you Underhill at birth? Lol, only joking mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    If you look around you will see that society in general is on it's knees, and the government played a big part in that.
    I think you’ve just made his point

If I was in charge I would do away with the politics board completely.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I think you’ve just made his point
    It's certainly not just a CCMB thing, it's social media in general that has become divisive, and the government pitting people against one another hasn't helped.

Definitely agree about the Government for the last 12 years to blame for an awful lot. However, social media in general has probably been the biggest catalyst for a lot of pervasive malevolence.

I'd like to see a football only section.
    It seems non football topics such has politics, music etc is clogging up the main board.
    I've been quilty of that to but i'd welcome a cardiffcity/football only section..

Surely just a few more moderators would be enough?
    Currently there’s only 2 I believe, Mike and Matt?

They can’t be expected to read every post and monitor the forum all day every day. That would he completely unreasonable.

One of the biggest improvements would be if political posts didn’t spend half a day at the top of the forum pushing down football discussion and casual conversations. There’s a politics board for a reason and if people want to discuss it they can. Just not on the main page.

And also, as was carried out by Mike today with the Hitler thread, as soon as threads look like they're generating heat and no light, kill them stone dead and banish them to the ether. That would be a surefire way of preventing the bile escalating.

You have to take the rough with the smooth. Organ Morgan's posts are not serious but they are very entertaining. Hitler's posts are stupid, but that's why we have the ignore option. Same with that so-called hipster bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Surely just a few more moderators would be enough?
    Currently there’s only 2 I believe, Mike and Matt?

They can’t be expected to read every post and monitor the forum all day every day. That would he completely unreasonable.

One of the biggest improvements would be if political posts didn’t spend half a day at the top of the forum pushing down football discussion and casual conversations. There’s a politics board for a reason and if people want to discuss it they can. Just not on the main page.
    They can't be expected to moderate 24hrs, they both work and this place is probably a massive pain in the arse for them both on times. Mike has produced a wonderful platform that has benefited people far beyond a few people talking bollocks on the internet.

One thing i will say though, Lither was openly posting Nazi shit on here for weeks on end, i'd expect that shit to be closed down after a few days.

Other than a few very obvious culprits who coukd derail pretty much any thread, the bones are still really good I think (yes it has been better but I wouldn’t think you need to make sweeping changes)

Better moderating - focus on the culprits.. I’d just delete every remote baiting attempt (they’ll soon tire of it)
    Agree - CCFC only is a step too far. I’d go further than just football though and include all sport.
    I also really like the community spirit elements (guidance, support, offers of help, information seeking)
    I also like (and trust) recommendations (music, tv etc)…. and music chats are generally good too.

I’d personally only have one sub forum for everything (politics and the rest of the clutter). I never read it anyway🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And also, as was carried out by Mike today with the Hitler thread, as soon as threads look like they're generating heat and no light, kill them stone dead and banish them to the ether. That would be a surefire way of preventing the bile escalating.
    Isn't it a case of people harking back to the good old days of CCMB? The internet is quite interesting from sociological perspective, but I already see it as a failed experiment, and the negatives will continue to grow exponentially.

It's a balancing act and a tough one at that, I don't envy you with regards the task of moderating such a forum.
    There's always a fine line between "over moderating" so to speak, and everybody deserting the board, and "under moderating" and things descending into chaos.

It's a great board and I would imagine a bit of a nightmare to manage at times, but I don't think it needs to change too much really. The tweaks you've mentioned are probably all that is required.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You have to take the rough with the smooth. Organ Morgan's posts are not serious but they are very entertaining. Hitler's posts are stupid, but that's why we have the ignore option. Same with that so-called hipster bloke.
    Aren't they one and the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Did Mrs 1927, your mother, really name you Underhill at birth? Lol, only joking mate.
    Haha I knew someone would say something 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They can't be expected to moderate 24hrs, they both work and this place is probably a massive pain in the arse for them both on times. Mike has produced a wonderful platform that has benefited people far beyond a few people talking bollocks on the internet.
    I'd vote for you as a mod if you are canvassing

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Haha I knew someone would say something 🤣
    👍

I'd vote for you as a mod if you are canvassing
    Cheers, but i'm not

It's a shame that individuals can cause so much chaos to something that people enjoy.
    It's happened for years though with multis and concentrated efforts to sow discord.

It's still the cyber place that I gravitate to the most but if I didn't have around 24 years vested interest in this site I'm not sure I'd bother with it.

I think a football only forum and then an everything else forum might work.

My preference would be to have a way of verifying your identity and doing away with multis and anonymity.

I think a few A-Political moderators would help.
    I've no issue with Matt, but it's clear that plenty do due to inactivity and maybe his political views.
    Some fresh moderation with a clean slate may help.