+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCMB changes

Re: CCMB changes

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Isn't it a case of people harking back to the good old days of CCMB? The internet is quite interesting from sociological perspective, but I already see it as a failed experiment, and the negatives will continue to grow exponentially.
    ‘Failed experiment’??!!!!

Firstly it isn’t an experiment (it is here to stay) and it has improved millions and millions of peoples lives in millions of almost immeasurable ways!

We are talking about CCMB which on the whole is great for talking about the one thing that we all love - Cardiff City.

Let’s not over think this and try to keep some perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s become impossible because a small number of pathetic individuals are dominating the board day in, day out, and they populate pretty much every thread with their mind-numbing rubbish. Indeed, this very thread is a prime example.

If it was simply a case of avoiding threads on subjects you weren’t interested in, that would be fine. It’s something I’ve always done and no doubt most of us attempt to do that. However, almost every thread is now being hijacked by the same maggots spouting the same old tripe, regardless of the subject matter.

To be honest, I’m pretty much done with it because I don’t believe anything will change. Although it’s had a few rough patches over the years, CCMB has generally been entertaining, but it hasn’t been that way for quite some time. It’s just a load of garbage now.
    It's time to unleash the ban hammer, and I couldn't think of a better person to wield it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Has anyone got a distributor cap for a Ford mondeo ?
    You must yearn for the clock to strike midnight and for this week to finally be over. It started badly then became worse.

First came the news Justin Bieber had cancelled his world tour, scuppering your hopes of dancing in the aisles at one of his UK venues.

Then on Wednesday the Scouse bastards were absolutely tonked in Naples.

You took solace from believing life couldn't possibly become more disagreeable.

But the very next day it did when your beloved sovereign went and turned her toes up.

On Friday when I visited you I hadn't seen you look so utterly forlorn since a few years back when Caerphilly Social Club discontinued their weekly over 50s grab-a-gran bonanza where you would for the price of two pints of cider and blackcurrant be guaranteed a knee-trembler in the lane directly behind the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Has anyone got a distributor cap for a Ford mondeo ?
    I wish they'd label things properly

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Any rust?
    Rust is everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    I wish they'd label things properly
    Keep the sun out of my eyes

Do posters realise what is involved in being a Mod?
    I've been a Mod on a Cardiff City football forum.
    It involves logging onto the forum several times a day, trying to be Solomon when there is a dispute between posters, reading through post after post making judgment calls, deciding when a post is banter or a nasty wind-up, getting abuse when deleting a post, communicating with other Mods if a decision to ban has to be made, and more - much more..
    I see many cons and few pros - apart from satisfying a desire to help with the smooth running of the forum - which can be easily dissipated by the cons.

There is only one other forum I’ve stuck with other than CCMB. They deal with it by keeping all political discussion in one single mega thread. No use for separate sections and no antagonistic thread titles that way.

I’d also agree that we need more and stronger moderation here. Even away from the political discord, the same posters are clogging up the forum with pointless threads.

Would the use of mega threads work better too? Like one single place for World Cup talk, rugby thread, travel, etc. I’ve always found that forums thrive when they’re more contained. S outside of the main topic, you’re not scrolling past numerous threads about the same off topic subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    There is only one other forum I’ve stuck with other than CCMB. They deal with it by keeping all political discussion in one single mega thread. No use for separate sections and no antagonistic thread titles that way.

I’d also agree that we need more and stronger moderation here. Even away from the political discord, the same posters are clogging up the forum with pointless threads.

Would the use of mega threads work better too? Like one single place for World Cup talk, rugby thread, travel, etc. I’ve always found that forums thrive when they’re more contained. S outside of the main topic, you’re not scrolling past numerous threads about the same off topic subjects.
    Yep. Nobody looks at different sections of forums surely?

Its not complicated. The glammh thread on here has it nailed. It's amazing. We dont need a new thread started anywhere every time a wicket goes down but that one long thread is wonderful.

Should be the same for politics and welsh etc..... There are hundreds here who could contribute to a Welsh language thread, i used to post on the Welsh section, and probably made.its last ever post- having it on the main section would be good.

Bruce i totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Failed experiment’??!!!!

Firstly it isn’t an experiment (it is here to stay) and it has improved millions and millions of peoples lives in millions of almost immeasurable ways!

We are talking about CCMB which on the whole is great for talking about the one thing that we all love - Cardiff City.

Let’s not over think this and try to keep some perspective.
    I'm expecting the existing internet framework to undergo some technical changes, but that's a topic for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Posters who come on here solely to bait people, twist their words and generally wind people up need to be stopped.
    I think most of us can think of an example.
    as much as I sought your approval for all of these years the harsh realisation that you never really liked me ☹

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    No, but I’m came in from shopping today and a mystery black woman was sat on my settee
    she was Indian

f'ing racist 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    as much as I sought your approval for all of these years the harsh realisation that you never really liked me ☹
    Hello, old fruit. Long time, no hear. How the devil are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    It involves logging onto the forum several times a day, trying to be Solomon when there is a dispute between posters, reading through post after post making judgment calls, deciding when a post is banter or a nasty wind-up, getting abuse when deleting a post, communicating with other Mods if a decision to ban has to be made, and more - much more..
    I see many cons and few pros - apart from satisfying a desire to help with the smooth running of the forum - which can be easily dissipated by the cons.
    I was wondering about this….who has the time for this ? I’m sure blueMatt doesn’t? With so many of pensionable age why doesn’t one of them step up for a little part time number to pass the hours of the day or is the trouble mainly late at night? Which might rule out the oldies who are off to bed by 10….

Moderating is a full time job and to be fair I can’t see anyone on here that would want, or should have to have the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I was wondering about this….who has the time for this ? I’m sure blueMatt doesn’t? With so many of pensionable age why doesn’t one of them step up for a little part time number to pass the hours of the day or is the trouble mainly late at night? Which might rule out the oldies who are off to bed by 10….
    This is the nub of the problem. Logically, you need at least three Mods to share duties, so that it becomes part-time.
    I knew the owner/chief Mod of the Pompey forum (we met up when Pompey came to City). The board was going through a stressful time and out of the blue, he appointed a guy, who was respected by most, as a Mod. That sorted it.
    I was impressed by their meeting face-to-face before and after the appointment. I beleive there should be such meetings so that issues can be discussed and support given where needed.

Having just one Great Reset thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Hello, old fruit. Long time, no hear. How the devil are you?
    i'm very good Sir, I trust all is well with you 🙂

Although I'm in a huge minority why change at all? If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Although I'm in a huge minority why change at all? If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    it is broke, it's very broke

she was Indian

f'ing racist ��
    I’m came in from shopping and a mystery red woman was sat on my settee

Thats why they get paid the big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Thats why they get paid the big bucks.
    On that subject, the Pompey Forum owner - when the forum had considerably more posters and views than CCMB at present - funded his trips to Pompey away games from his income from his board. He used the train to get to Cardiff. Maybe that gives some idea of the income available around twelve years ago.

On that subject, the Pompey Forum owner - when the forum had considerably more posters and views than CCMB at present - funded his trips to Pompey away games from his income from his board. He used the train to get to Cardiff. Maybe that gives some idea of the income available around twelve years ago.
    No wonder the boss is always going on holidays

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

she was Indian

f'ing racist 🙄
    West Indian if memory serves and she wasn’t taking any shortcuts