+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CCMB changes

Re: CCMB changes

Just had a look at the alternative forum, gone the same way as the politics forum where almost every post is by 3 off their head posters smugly agreeing with each other and calling everyone else a sheep.

S
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Good points TLG. I've always believed in a place for all to come together but as we've seen over the years things can get out of hand and changes have to made.

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now. I think a Cardiff City only board would be too restrictive, so all football would have to be included. And I also like the posters helping posters threads like asking for advice / recommendations. I think they should stay as well.

Anything else can go into another sub forum.

So do we just have one 'other' forum or keep a politics forum, a welsh forum and the alternative as we do now.

I can change the forum descriptions and if anything off topic is posted on the main board I'll move them for a period of time but if we get repeat offenders posting deliberately in the wrong place they can be better moderated or have reduced privileges.
    I wouldn’t have an issue with using my “real name” but I’m not sure that that would achieve anything. Maybe somebody could explain how it would?

Why is an alternative forum needed? If the stuff isn't suitable for this board why is it suitable for a sub forum? Surely just the same few people look at sub forums? Just bin the sub forums. Keep all on here but single threads for glammy, great reset, covid etc...... Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Keep the sun out of my eyes
    A little bit of paper come under the ****ing door

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    A little bit of paper come under the ****ing door
    Squatter ? Squatter Madras ?

After decades of using it I gave up on this forum a few years ago because the football related threads were in a minority. I think it went downhill rapidly at the time of the Brexit debate and it's bounced along the bottom of the pond ever since. As in society at large, tolerance is seen as a sign of weakness and personal attacks the norm. A lot of posters seem to have only a passing interest in football, let alone City.

The problem has been finding an alternative for my City related news and discussion. I tried *****'s board, and there are definitely more football threads but there are other aspects of the board I really don't like I don't think I need to elaborate.

I also tried the *****'s board. That's quite good and more tolerant but the appearance is IMO awful. So I tend I come back here. Something needs to be done although I suspect there isn't the goodwill among the main "contributors" to get it back on course.

Maybe turn your router off if it troubles your life so bad. More to life than the internet. It's sad to think many come on here every single day wasting away hours of precious life.

I think the general layout is fine personally. I don't really know why people post politics threads in the main board, or why they aren't moved over more quickly. That would appear to make sense.

That said, no one probably desires a strictly rigid structure on things, and a football thread such as 'games called off for the queens death' are inevitably political too.

I've come on cardiffcity.com since about 2000 and the board since around the same time IMO (when did it start?!). Posted a lot during the rebrand, after which I have to say I lost some interest in CCFC, since 95% restored I am happy to say.

Purely football posts don't enormously interest me though. I get that in pubs, or at the game or on WalesOnline or whatever. The politics ones can be good but the level of tolerance does need to improve and there is way too much personal abuse that should be stamped out. Different opinions are great. Personal or blanket abuse is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    Maybe turn your router off if it troubles your life so bad. More to life than the internet. It's sad to think many come on here every single day wasting away hours of precious life.
    I think that it is like lots of content on the internet: you, the user needs to decide how and why you are using it, and self-regulate. I use the board for Cardiff City related subjects and rarely read or contribute to other threads (maybe the odd one that catches my eye) I don’t think that is wasting time, and I suspect that lots of others use it this way too.

I can see why some people can get consumed by Twitter and even TikTok but CCMB…..? :-/

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think the general layout is fine personally. I don't really know why people post politics threads in the main board, or why they aren't moved over more quickly. That would appear to make sense.

That said, no one probably desires a strictly rigid structure on things, and a football thread such as 'games called off for the queens death' are inevitably political too.

I've come on cardiffcity.com since about 2000 and the board since around the same time IMO (when did it start?!). Posted a lot during the rebrand, after which I have to say I lost some interest in CCFC, since 95% restored I am happy to say.

Purely football posts don't enormously interest me though. I get that in pubs, or at the game or on WalesOnline or whatever. The politics ones can be good but the level of tolerance does need to improve and there is way too much personal abuse that should be stamped out. Different opinions are great. Personal or blanket abuse is not.
    Same here. I don't think I have anything meaningful to say about Ojo's capabilities of splitting opposition defences with through balls or Ng's lack of vowels.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Same here. I don't think I have anything meaningful to say about Ojo's capabilities of splitting opposition defences with through balls or Ng's lack of vowels.

Yeah, I view it as a bunch of people who support Cardiff City but they don't necessarily just want to talk about Cardiff City.

I agree the balance needs to be struck and that's a matter for people to decide themselves I guess, based on what threads get started. I can see why a load of politics ones (esp in the main board) would be annoying for many.

I love general discussions on the club itself, but the team..."so and so should play on the wing"..."no he's shit, so and so should play there instead"...I dunno..I've just never found them that interesting. But then football has always been about the day out for me; the noise, the food, the mates, my dad, now my kids, the travelling etc, which I often get more from than the result itself.

If CCMB could capture that with a little less vitriol from all sides then I'm sure it would be a happy place.

I have met a couple before, but it would be nice to meet some people from here too btw, because peoples online behaviour is always worse than it is in person and getting to know people always makes things more respectful

Yeah, I view it as a bunch of people who support Cardiff City but they don't necessarily just want to talk about Cardiff City.

I agree the balance needs to be struck and that's a matter for people to decide themselves I guess, based on what threads get started. I can see why a load of politics ones (esp in the main board) would be annoying for many.

I love general discussions on the club itself, but the team..."so and so should play on the wing"..."no he's shit, so and so should play there instead"...I dunno..I've just never found them that interesting. But then football has always been about the day out for me; the noise, the food, the mates, my dad, now my kids, the travelling etc, which I often get more from than the result itself.

If CCMB could capture that with a little less vitriol from all sides then I'm sure it would be a happy place.

I have met a couple before, but it would be nice to meet some people from here too btw, because peoples online behaviour is always worse than it is in person and getting to know people always makes things more respectful
    Well that's a load of bollcks!

Well that's a load of bollcks!
    Maybe, but you could at least buy me a pint whilst telling me that

Maybe, but you could at least buy me a pint whilst telling me that
    You are too kind

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think there's a lot of important points in James post.

For me, I feel all that's needed is someone to moderate the threads that get out of hand and lock them down or slap posters down because they violate some basic decencies. I'm not a fan of the new changes as I feel we're losing the soul of the board. Flitting from one to the other is actually a pain in the arse and people are missing out on some good discussions by having threads whisked off the main board and exiled to 'other stuff'. Sometimes that 'other stuff' is vitally important to the posters and it does feel like censorship at the moment.

Sure, we're pains in the arse with each other at times and the whole thing blew up in our faces recently but it had been stoked and tolerated for a long time and now I feel like I'm on the naughty step. We all knew what the problems were. We're never all going to get along all the time and even if there's heated debate, surely we're big enough to just take a time out and reflect.

I'm no f*cking angel. I can be a cranky f*cker but ultimately, I'll usually come back and try an olive branch or an apology to smooth things over. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells now, though, and that when there's very little football chatter that we're left with some fairly generic threads that, as I've mentioned, suck the soul from the board.

We're living in a world where polar views are actively encouraged and endorsed by our leaders. We've lost the ability to debate fairly but we also have to have some realism that ultimately we're a feisty bunch of CCFC supporters who look out for each other and I can't speak for anyone else but if anyone ever needs a support or a helping hand, then I don't care what we've said to each other, what their politics are or their life choices. I draw the line at neo-nazism, racism, intolerance of human rights and, as I've made it very clear, I am an active campaigner for equality. All of these things fall under the generic heading of decency in my view. I don't always live up to those things. Surely, though we don't want to end up with a sterile board that just re-hashes the same old formation debates ad nauseam?

Great post Citizen, we also have to remember that we’re all MORE than old enough to moderate ourselves.

Maybe introduce an, (am I being a prick)? button before you can actually post a reply to allow for that thinking time and reflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Sure, we're pains in the arse with each other at times and the whole thing blew up in our faces recently but it had been stoked and tolerated for a long time and now I feel like I'm on the naughty step. We all knew what the problems were. We're never all going to get along all the time and even if there's heated debate, surely we're big enough to just take a time out and reflect.

I'm no f*cking angel. I can be a cranky f*cker but ultimately, I'll usually come back and try an olive branch or an apology to smooth things over. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells now, though, and that when there's very little football chatter that we're left with some fairly generic threads that, as I've mentioned, suck the soul from the board.
    To be absolutely honest, you are a know-it-all fukwit wanker idiot who thinks they are better than everybody else, but in reality you are one of the most deluded posters on here.

PS You can expect my apology at around 1pm tomorrow. All the best, and have a great evening

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    To be absolutely honest, you are a know-it-all fukwit wanker idiot who thinks they are better than everybody else, but in reality you are one of the most deluded posters on here.

PS You can expect my apology at around 1pm tomorrow. All the best, and have a great evening
    “Am I being a prick button” exhibit number one, your honour.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    “Am I being a prick button” exhibit number one, your honour.
    Guilty as charged

I've been called the AntiChrist on here already this year.....tree-hugger, lefty, anorak, twat...pretty much everything really. Oh yeah, once, I was accused of squealing like a little girl because I told someone to f*ck off. I've made a fool of myself plenty of times. Sh*t happens!

See you tomorrow!

Guilty as charged
    Due to your extreme honesty we drop all charges

I've been called the AntiChrist on here already this year.....tree-hugger, lefty, anorak, twat...pretty much everything really. Oh yeah, once, I was accused of squealing like a little girl because I told someone to f*ck off. I've made a fool of myself plenty of times. Sh*t happens!

See you tomorrow!
    Hopefully, you went on the missing list last week, when the Queen was mur.........erm died.

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think there's a lot of important points in James post.

For me, I feel all that's needed is someone to moderate the threads that get out of hand and lock them down or slap posters down because they violate some basic decencies. I'm not a fan of the new changes as I feel we're losing the soul of the board. Flitting from one to the other is actually a pain in the arse and people are missing out on some good discussions by having threads whisked off the main board and exiled to 'other stuff'. Sometimes that 'other stuff' is vitally important to the posters and it does feel like censorship at the moment.

We're living in a world where polar views are actively encouraged and endorsed by our leaders. We've lost the ability to debate fairly but we also have to have some realism that ultimately we're a feisty bunch of CCFC supporters who look out for each other and I can't speak for anyone else but if anyone ever needs a support or a helping hand, then I don't care what we've said to each other, what their politics are or their life choices. I draw the line at neo-nazism, racism, intolerance of human rights and, as I've made it very clear, I am an active campaigner for equality. All of these things fall under the generic heading of decency in my view. I don't always live up to those things. Surely, though we don't want to end up with a sterile board that just re-hashes the same old formation debates ad nauseam?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Hopefully, you went on the missing list last week, when the Queen was mur.........erm died.
    I bet you have a Bassett Hound called Toby and live in Baker St.!