+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Russia Heading For Defeat ??

Re: Are Russia Heading For Defeat ??

Putin calls up reservists - not into military history etc. but isn’t that a sign that one of the sides is in trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It's known as mutually assured destruction (mad), isn't it? I'm not sure whether nukes are all they're made out to be.

Nikola Tesla, possibly the greatest mind ever who invented AC electricity amongst many others, who died around 80 years ago, allegedly claimed he could kill literally any number of people and nobody would know how it was done.

His most famous quote is: "If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."

He was talking of scalar weaponry, gravity waves, etc.
    When interest rates were at their highest a joke doing the rounds was about a weapon that destroys people but leaves buildings standing. It's called a mortgage.

However, let's not discuss in this particular thread the global economic crash that you have predicted in several days time.......

Summarising Putin's remarks - we're essentially fighting NATO in Ukraine rather than Ukrainians, we're going to hold referendums in areas of Ukraine we have occupied, 300k extra full time troops will be created from reservists and ex-army members, if Russia's integrity is threatened we'll deploy all weaponry at our disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Do you base your argument on anything not mentioned in the post immediately above?
    Not really, it’s what I’ve read over the years , and let’s be honest the number of nuclear armament’s any country is supposed to have is not going to be public knowledge. As another O/P has said it’s supposed deterrent more than anything, however, there are still conflicts being fought in the Middle East (which gets little or no attention) and this one in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Putin calls up reservists - not into military history etc. but isn’t that a sign that one of the sides is in trouble?
    Apparently, Ukraine has increased conscription age for men up to 70yo, they let prisoners out immediately giving them all weapons no vetting or question asked. From 1st October, women are being mobilised.

The conflict does appear to show there is no end in sight. Isn’t it about time both sides sat around the negotiating table ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Not really, it’s what I’ve read over the years , and let’s be honest the number of nuclear armament’s any country is supposed to have is not going to be public knowledge. As another O/P has said it’s supposed deterrent more than anything, however, there are still conflicts being fought in the Middle East (which gets little or no attention) and this one in Ukraine.
    The nuclear stand-off wasn't really about preventing local conflicts though. What specifically have you read over the years about the level of nuclear armaments being lower than is believed? Having spent my career in a job allied to the Royal Navy I'm interested.

The nuclear stand-off wasn't really about preventing local conflicts though. What specifically have you read over the years about the level of nuclear armaments being lower than is believed? Having spent my career in a job allied to the Royal Navy I'm interested.
    I can send you what I’ve been reading , in a PM , in addition, say the Uk had up to a thousand warheads what would be the point apart from justification in expenditure?

Storage / maintenance would also be expensive

I can send you what I’ve been reading , in a PM , in addition, say the Uk had up to a thousand warheads what would be the point apart from justification in expenditure?

Storage / maintenance would also be expensive
    Why not post it here for all and sundry to peruse?

Why not post it here for all and sundry to peruse?
    Because it’s another argument altogether. Not to worry.

Apparently, Ukraine has increased conscription age for men up to 70yo, they let prisoners out immediately giving them all weapons no vetting or question asked. From 1st October, women are being mobilised.

The conflict does appear to show there is no end in sight. Isn’t it about time both sides sat around the negotiating table ?
    Putin hardly seems desperate.

Because it’s another argument altogether. Not to worry.
    I think Mr Morris would permit you to post the article(s) and for us posters to discuss it/them.

A well trained fed and equiped bunch of military hardnuts...say 15-20 can take out 100-150 hobby soldiers maybe more

Must say I was more than a little surprised to find this Mike Morris' video at youtube. In it he feigns a plainly fake Yank accent and pretends he's speaking from somewhere in the eastern USA as he dissects every word of Putin's speech.

He states he lived in Russia for many years, says the joint is crammed with an inexhaustible array of weaponry and is convinced Putin's not mucking around. His remarks at 7:47 has prompted me place another Asda grub order.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Putin is getting desperate, his threats these days are laughable. One day he says he wants peace like here, the next he’s talking nuclear again aswell as calling up 1000’s more reserves who dont want to fight either. Bit of a loser eh?