So, as the mainstream media begins its fifth day of wall to wall fawning coverage of the Queen’s death and King’s accession, I find myself increasingly asking when will this ever end? Listening to Radio 5 on the car radio just now, I had the misfortune to hear an interview with a Royal photographer who proclaimed that the public reaction to the passing of the Queen as shown on the BBC was a case of us seeing the silent majority in action - silent? He has to be joking, they haven’t bloody stopped talking on the media outlets I’ve been watching and listening to for the last five days

What about what I’ll call the ignored minority? I would guess many of them are similar to me in that they were prepared to pay respectful tribute to the Queen on Thursday, but now feel things are going too far when a body like the BBC with its supposedly neutral stance is still not seeing fit to give time to an opposing point of view - by that, I don’t just mean committed republicans, I mean normal people who do not believe that the representation of the UK portrayed by the mainstream media for the past five days is a correct one.