+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: “The silent majority” - yeah right.

Re: “The silent majority” - yeah right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's depressing that people can't imagine a life without the medieval concept of kings, queens, princesses, golden carriages, the inherited title of the Church of England and the like.
    I can imagine it, but like I said, I just don't think you've made a strong case for how it would be better or make any demonstrable difference to my life.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I can imagine it, but like I said, I just don't think you've made a strong case for how it would be better or make any demonstrable difference to my life.
    I think you are pro-establishment by default but I'm not here to convert you.

I think you are pro-establishment by default but I'm not here to convert you.
    I assure you I am not. There probably isn't a more vocal supporter of respecting how the British electorate vote on here.

I assure you I am not. There probably isn't a more vocal supporter of respecting how the British electorate vote on here.
    The British electoral system has been neutered, as all local candidates are now vetted by the central office of each political party, so in essence they have been filtered for ideological obedience.

Interesting answers to a question about the media coverage of the Royal death and accession - the coverage in no way matches what the majority of those who expressed an opinion want then and yet still the mainstream media doesn't reflect this. Coverage is being catered specifically for about 43 per cent of the country.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/entertai.../09/13/a0980/2

A clear majority thought it was right to cancel sporting events on the weekend though.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics.../09/12/7bf5e/2

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Interesting answers to a question about the media coverage of the Royal death and accession - the coverage in no way matches what the majority of those who expressed an opinion want then and yet still the mainstream media doesn't reflect this. Coverage is being catered specifically for about 43 per cent of the country.

A clear majority thought it was right to cancel sporting events on the weekend though.

With another 5 days' coverage to take into account in the coming days I would wager that the 49% in the first poll will only increase. The media seems to gorging on the proceedings and devouring itself.

With another 5 days' coverage to take into account in the coming days I would wager that the 49% in the first poll will only increase. The media seems to gorging on the proceedings and devouring itself.
    There'll be the investiture of the Prince of Wales to look forward to. From an environmental point of view, at least all the bunting and flags will get re-purposed.

Very interesting, I love stuff like that.

Another observation: there is remarkly little difference depending on age, geographic location, gender etc etc.

Very interesting, I love stuff like that.

Another observation: there is remarkly little difference depending on age, geographic location, gender etc etc.
    Who are the 'don't knows' and why don't they know? It always makes me wonder!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Not sure, but I suspect they don't post on this thread..

Not sure, but I suspect they don't post on this thread..
    😆🤙

Excellent article, as usual, by Polly Toynbee

“As businesses close and funerals are halted, fear of being attacked by a rightwing mob is stifling freedom of expression following the Queen’s death.”

This was the same for Covid though , people with apposing views were cancelled, and called out.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    “As businesses close and funerals are halted, fear of being attacked by a rightwing mob is stifling freedom of expression following the Queen’s death.”

This was the same for Covid though , people with apposing views were cancelled, and called out.
    No, people who were spreading disinformation about the vaccine, 5g etc were called out, which I suppose would be the equivalent of protesters turning up to the Queen's funeral to claim she's not really dead

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    No, people who were spreading disinformation about the vaccine, 5g etc were called out, which I suppose would be the equivalent of protesters turning up to the Queen's funeral to claim she's not really dead
    You mean hundreds of eminent scientists and doctors such as those from the Great Barrington Decoration ?
    Or those arguing the PCR test had a high false positive rate ?
    Or those saying they should only isolate the vulnerable and elderly ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Excellent article, as usual, by Polly Toynbee
    I’ve been very critical of the BBC’s coverage, but she makes a good point - they would have been slaughtered by the “libertarian” bullies if they’d tried to also represent the views of those who thought differently to the “official” view.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't know.

I don't know.
    There’s always one! Reminds me of the Life of Brian “you’re all different”

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You mean hundreds of eminent scientists and doctors such as those from the Great Barrington Decoration ?
    Or those arguing the PCR test had a high false positive rate ?
    Or those saying they should only isolate the vulnerable and elderly ?
    All those people were cancelled? How?

I’ve been very critical of the BBC’s coverage, but she makes a good point - they would have been slaughtered by the “libertarian” bullies if they’d tried to also represent the views of those who thought differently to the “official” view.
    No they wouldn't at all. This is the point. Libertarians do support views from all sides. Polly's newspaper very very rarely do.

Here's supposed 'right wing' libertarians (Sic) Guido Fawkes and Free Speech Union supporting them
    https://order-order.com/2022/09/14/c...r-free-speech/

Here's the guardian, making it's opinion on free speech perfectly clear: "You agree with us or shut up you racist!"

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...dont-boo-cheer
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...otball-grounds

Is that the same 5G that is central to the IOT? I'd reserve judgement on that, until you fully understand exactly what it entails. Regarding spreading disinformation about the vaccine, the scorecards are coming in, and some of them don't look so good.

All those people were cancelled? How?
    Fact checkers, MSM, official diktak, social media, and people like you unwittingly amplifying all of it, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Fact checkers, MSM, official diktak, social media, and people like you unwittingly amplifying all of it, etc.
    No, how are they all cancelled? What form has that “cancellation” taken for those thousands of people? Just because many people loudly disagree with you it doesn’t mean you’re cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is that the same 5G that is central to the IOT? I'd reserve judgement on that, until you fully understand exactly what it entails. Regarding spreading disinformation about the vaccine, the scorecards are coming in, and some of them don't look so good.
    12.7 billion doses given worldwide. I think the scorecards are just fine regardless of you lot with your AIDS theories and black eyed ghost children