+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eubank Jr v Benn

Eubank Jr v Benn

Anyone else looking forward to this?
    I hope Conor drops Eubank Jr and stops him. He's got the same arrogance and attitude about him that his old man has.
    The funny thing about it is the fact that he's not half the boxer his old man was so it's just irritating. Hopefully Conor retires the over-rated Pratt.

First Team

Re: Eubank Jr v Benn

Totally agree with you.

However, just feel that Eubank jnr has stacked all the advantages on his side in terms of weight class and experience.

I appreciate that Eubank has some significant attitude but I really don’t believe this 60% is all he needs stuff as he must be taking this seriously as a loss probably finishes his career.

If I were a betting man then it would all be on Eubank but Benn does have some power so if he catches him , you never know.

Benn is every bit as arrogant as Eubank tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I appreciate that Eubank has some significant attitude but I really don’t believe this 60% is all he needs stuff as he must be taking this seriously as a loss probably finishes his career.

If I were a betting man then it would all be on Eubank but Benn does have some power so if he catches him , you never know.
    Agreed, he'll be as close to 100% as he can be, he won't take it lightly, it's all mind games.
    What worries me about Conor is that he'll let his emotions get the better of him. He's been very calm until recently, but when they did the face off around the table, you could see it bubbling up in him

If he fights smartly, I think he has a decent chance. I hope he doesn't just run in swinging though, I think that just hands Eubank an even bigger advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Benn is every bit as arrogant as Eubank tbh
    Hes worse. Eubank Jnr I find quite funny.

Hes getting to Connor big time.

Eubank Jnr irrespective of the weight is far too good.

Like his father Eubank jnr has a solid chin. If a big punching super middleweight like Groves cant floor him then a welterweight isnt knocking him out.

Benn has been really protected and spoon fed opponent's by Hearn. I find the fight bizarre.

I cant see anything other than an easy nights work for Eubank and hope he wins as well. Benn will be unbearable if he wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Benn has been really protected and spoon fed opponent's by Hearn. I find the fight bizarre.
    It is bizarre, and clearly all about the money, I get the impression both lads are set to make a pretty packet for themselves.

It's an intriguing fight though.
    I think Benn does have a chance if he boxes smart, but Eubank's ability to box at range may well stifle him.

Hopefully it won't be one-sided, if they do trade and Conor can go to the body, I think he has the power to hurt Eubank for sure.

I won't be watching this one live - feels more like a pantomime.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I won't be watching this one live - feels more like a pantomime.
    Benn for me. Eubank Jnr has had his limitations exposed a few times. No where near as good as his Old nan.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Totally agree with you.

However, just feel that Eubank jnr has stacked all the advantages on his side in terms of weight class and experience.

I don't agree. Eubank has to boil down to 157, and there's a rehydration clause that sees him done 100k for every pound he's over. He fights at 160 so he probably enters the ring at 175. Eubank for me though, I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't agree. Eubank has to boil down to 157, and there's a rehydration clause that sees him done 100k for every pound he's over. He fights at 160 so he probably enters the ring at 175. Eubank for me though, I like him.
    He won't hit 175, but he probably will weigh in around 160. Probably fight at close to 165.
    Not sure why so many people like Eubank, he thinks he's better than he actually is. 32 or 33, lost a couple already and nowhere near top level. He probably still wins on paper, but it's interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    He won't hit 175, but he probably will weigh in around 160. Probably fight at close to 165.
    Not sure why so many people like Eubank, he thinks he's better than he actually is. 32 or 33, lost a couple already and nowhere near top level. He probably still wins on paper, but it's interesting!
    he always looks in incredible shape but I've never been that impressed with him when Ive seen him (which admittedly isn't much)

Yeah, 165-168 on fight night, Groves used to go up to 180 at super middleweight! I like him because he's articulate, and he has changed his character as he has got older, he's a bit more relaxed than he used to be. Decent enough fighter and a great chin. If he loses to Benn then he's ****ed. Benn doesn't really have much to lose, just pop back down to welterweight. I hope Eubank gives him a good beat down.

It makes for a fascinating fight
    Back in the nineties when they’re dad’s we’re boxing was an amazing time for British boxing
    I admired both fighters to be honest.
    There was the sad fight with Michael Watson and the incredible fight with the yank Gerald McClellan where Benn was sitting through the ropes after the first round looking completely gone to come back and knock him out in the tenth
    Our very own Joe Calzaghe beating Eubank on his way to world honours and an unblemished record.
    Plus who can forget the Irishman Steve Collins who conned Eubank into thinking he’d been hypnotised pre fight and taking his belts
    I’ll definitely be sitting on the fence for this one 😃👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Benn for me. Eubank Jnr has had his limitations exposed a few times. No where near as good as his Old nan.
    Thats true but you can say the same about Benn.

Eubank lost a split decision to the very talented Billy Joe Saunders plus George Groves. Thats World level.

Hes been in fights at British level and won convincingly.

Benn has had no fights at all of any standard near Eubank.

Washed up name fighters. He was even calling out the shell of Amir Khan while completely avoiding British and European level fighters who have been calling him out.

I give him credit for taking this but I think Eubank is too big and too good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Back in the nineties when they’re dad’s we’re boxing was an amazing time for British boxing
    There was the sad fight with Michael Watson and the incredible fight with the yank Gerald McClellan where Benn was sitting through the ropes after the first round looking completely gone to come back and knock him out in the tenth
    Our very own Joe Calzaghe beating Eubank on his way to world honours and an unblemished record.
    Plus who can forget the Irishman Steve Collins who conned Eubank into thinking he’d been hypnotised pre fight and taking his belts
    It was a great time. I was at Eubank Benn 2 at Old Trafford and saw him fight Stretch in London.

Big Time boxing free on ITV those were the days.

Im calling Conor out as having no chance but I had a bet on Mclellan to ko Benn in round 1 so what do I know.😂😂

Saying that I was very close to a payout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Great days for boxing they were, I still think Calzaghe would have beat anyone in that era

Eubank Snr has pulled Jnr out apparently

The question now is whether he listens to his old man.
    It is a drop in weight, but if they're that confident then it shouldn't be that great a problem.
    It's not like Jr will be coming in resembling a skeleton ffs.

Not known many timid boxers, the arrogance ,attitude, showmanship is part of the fighters tools and used to intimidate and wind up the opposition, lots of fighters feed off the crowds dislike of them .. Eubank Snr was a class act ..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Eubank Snr has pulled Jnr out apparently
    That wont happen.

The question now is whether he listens to his old man.
    It is a drop in weight, but if they're that confident then it shouldn't be that great a problem.
    It's not like Jr will be coming in resembling a skeleton ffs.
    I think that it's more to do with Hearn and the bbboc not really giving a shit about the boxers. This fight really shouldn't be happening, it only makes sense in terms of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That wont happen.
    I don't know, I don't believe the weight is really the issue though, it's not a dangerous drain for Jr although apparently there's a rehydration clause which would be a concern depending what the terms of that are.

It sounds more like Senior wants to build the fight up over the next 12 months and make more money. Jr basically says as much in the face off.

All cash related tactics I suspect.

I don't know, I don't believe the weight is really the issue though, it's not a dangerous drain for Jr although apparently there's a rehydration clause which would be a concern depending what the terms of that are.

It sounds more like Senior wants to build the fight up over the next 12 months and make more money. Jr basically says as much in the face off.

All cash related tactics I suspect.
    I've read that Jr gets done 100k for every pound he is over. Don't know if that's correct though. Yeah, the rehydration clause is the difficult bit i would have thought, he's not going to be able to refuel in the hours after the weigh in as there's another private weigh in on the day of the fight, how close to the fight i don't know.

That's pretty much my take on it really, he's unlikely to come in under about 160, he'd probably struggle to make that if he really is munching buckets of KFC
    Either the rehydration clause is the issue, as in, the fight is void and called off if he doesn't hit it, or it's a publicity stunt to drag it out and build the hype.

Benn's claiming the weight was decided by Jr's camp too...

I hope it goes ahead in October, it's an intriguing fight. Benn would be daft to agree to much of a higher weight though for obvious reasons. Maybe make it a solid 160 and a rehydration clause of 165.

It's still a disadvantage to Benn but he was always going to be at least a stone lighter anyway so that wouldn't make a huge difference.

That's pretty much my take on it really, he's unlikely to come in under about 160, he'd probably struggle to make that if he really is munching buckets of KFC
    Either the rehydration clause is the issue, as in, the fight is void and called off if he doesn't hit it, or it's a publicity stunt to drag it out and build the hype.

Benn's claiming the weight was decided by Jr's camp too...

I hope it goes ahead in October, it's an intriguing fight. Benn would be daft to agree to much of a higher weight though for obvious reasons. Maybe make it a solid 160 and a rehydration clause of 165.

It's still a disadvantage to Benn but he was always going to be at least a stone lighter anyway so that wouldn't make a huge difference.
    According to a report in The Sun, if either come in at 158.5 then the fight is off.