+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFL to resume from Tuesday September 13th

Re: EFL to resume from Tuesday September 13th

There won't be many there. Some may sing it, some may boo it, some may just stand and not sing, some may sing Mae'r Hen Wlad. Hope it doesn't kick off, far more important to get behind the team..

if they protest in a non-violent non-abusive way then let them do so in the stand as is their right.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Arsenal v PSV on Thursday has been postponed. Doesn't bode well for the weekend fixtures....
    I'd imagine that's much more to do with policing and a large contingent of PSV fans.

I'd be shocked if weekend doesn't go ahead more generally, with the exception of any other high-profile fixtures in London.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Exactly.

Just stay in the concourse until the minute silence and anthem are over and done with.
    Wrexham statement ahead of their game tomorrow:

Wrexham AFC will join all the other Clubs in the National League and observe a one-minute silence before Tuesday’s game, as a mark of respect following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

We have a simple request, regardless of your own personal opinions, which we recognise everyone is entitled to; on this occasion, you leave these at the turnstiles of the Racecourse Ground and do not use the one-minute silence to promote your own views over those of others.

The spotlight on the Club, shines brighter than ever and in an exceptionally positive way, so let’s not give anyone a reason to view the Club in any other way, by not observing the one-minute silence.

The Club hopes it can count on your support in observing the one-minute silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wrexham statement ahead of their game tomorrow:

Wrexham AFC will join all the other Clubs in the National League and observe a one-minute silence before Tuesday’s game, as a mark of respect following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.

We have a simple request, regardless of your own personal opinions, which we recognise everyone is entitled to; on this occasion, you leave these at the turnstiles of the Racecourse Ground and do not use the one-minute silence to promote your own views over those of others.

The spotlight on the Club, shines brighter than ever and in an exceptionally positive way, so let’s not give anyone a reason to view the Club in any other way, by not observing the one-minute silence.

The Club hopes it can count on your support in observing the one-minute silence.
    Well done, Wrexham.

I'd be fuming if I was a PSV fan.
    Postponed because there are not enough police.
    Apart from travelling fans losing out on transport, hotels etc, no doubt this will impact on their fixtures just as ours.

Re: Football is back

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Totally agree with you and maybe didn't word as well as I should have

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Hope the fans making the trip to Boro are respectful of the anthem as it will only be bad PR for us and latched on by the English media?
    Could turn it into a tribute to Eli King:
    God save our Eli King
    Long live our Eli King
    God save E King
    Send him victorious
    Happy and glorious
    Maybe score 4 for us
    When back from Crewe.

What will our English players feel like, if there is a disgraceful response from some of our crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What will our English players feel like, if there is a disgraceful response from some of our crowd.
    There's no guarantee they're all royalists

Like they are accused of always cheating perhaps.

GSTQ gets booed pretty regularly

Half of them probably don’t give a fck about the queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Let's hope that Chuck doesn't peg it for a few weeks.
    Ooh now there's a dimenma.

Do they need so many police?

To be fair i'd say in a table of likely events to kick off, one concerning royalists would be pretty low down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Could turn it into a tribute to Eli King:
    God save our Eli King
    Long live our Eli King
    God save E King
    Send him victorious
    Happy and glorious
    Maybe score 4 for us
    When back from Crewe.
    Haha - thinking when I first started reading that he is at crewe but you shoehorned it well at the end 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Do they need so many police?

To be fair i'd say in a table of likely events to kick off, one concerning royalists would be pretty low down the list.
    I doubt they are expecting the King Charles Massive v The Sweaty Nonce Force kicking off down Pall Mall.

More to do with large congregation of people are a huge risk for terrorism, general disorder and public safety.