+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Astonishing if true: Internal Russian criticsim of Putin

Astonishing if true: Internal Russian criticsim of Putin

'In eighteen municipal districts of Moscow and Saint Petersburg, deputies have signed a public demand for Russian president Vladimir Putin to step down from his post.

“We, the municipal deputies of Russia, believe that the actions of its president Vladimir Putin are detrimental to Russia’s and its citizens’ future. We demand Vladimir Putin's resignation from the post of the President of the Russian Federation,” reads the demand, as published by Ksenia Thorstrom, a municipal deputy of the Semenovsky District in Saint Petersburg.'

https://theins.ru/en/news/254943

The Council of Deputies of Moscow's Lomonosovsky Municipal District has asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to resign. They said that since Putin's second term in office, “everything has gone wrong”: the GDP has not doubled, the minimum wage has not increased according to expectations, intelligent and hard-working people are leaving Russia en mass, and the promised stability is gone.

“Elections are approaching, and in a few days the composition of our Council will change. We have held our positions for five years and it is time to give them up to fresh people, with new ideas and strengths. Studies show that in countries with regular turnover of power, people on average live better and longer than in those where the leader leaves office feet first. You made good reforms during your first and part of your second term, but after that it all went wrong somehow. (...)
    The rhetoric you and your subordinates have used for a long time is imbued with intolerance and aggression, which in the end has effectively sent our country back into the Cold War era. Russia is once again feared and hated, and we are once again threatening the world with nuclear weapons.
    In view of the above, we ask that you resign from your post, since your views and your model of government are hopelessly outdated and hinder the development of Russia and its human potential.”
    Earlier, a similar statement was made by municipal deputies from the Smolninskoye municipality of St. Petersburg. They plan to address the State Duma in the coming days with a proposal to charge Vladimir Putin with high treason because of the war in Ukraine.

https://theins.ru/en/news/254897

Reported on many websites.

Re: Astonishing if true: Internal Russian criticsim of Putin

Maybe they have sussed out his WEF connections?

Lets hope thats true.

You get the feeling the current status quo can't continue for much longer. Of course, history is littered with one bad ruler going only to be replaced by someone worse, but that seems unlikely in this case, given Russia has greater status and prosperoty to gain by normalising trade and relations again.

If I were them I'd avoid tea and windows for a while.

Lol exactly what I was thinking
    Any windows above the ground floor 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Lol exactly what I was thinking
    Any windows above the ground floor 
    I'd avoid basements too, they can easily be filled with concrete.

I'd avoid Russian dolls in case someone puts a small explosive in one of them

I think the current count is SIX directors of high profile Russian companies have committed Suicide since the war started in February 😳😳😳

As Weller sang when the walls come tumbling down..

We can all do our bit as well as Putin holds the world to ransom over cost living and energy..

These are cheaper than fuel bills and they work

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOPLYNN-The...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    As Weller sang when the walls come tumbling down..

We can all do our bit as well as Putin holds the world to ransom over cost living and energy.
    Cui bono?

I guess this is what most people are hoping for, and would be the most likely scenario I think, is that Putin will be toppled peacefully by the folk around him rather than by assassination (the Russians would immediately accuse the west of being behind the latter of course).