+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Luke Harris in Welsh squad.

Re: Luke Harris in Welsh squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Players born in UK dependencies such as the Channel Isles may choose any of the UK national teams to play for.
    Kieran Tieney is a good case in point, Manx born plays for Scotland.

My lad is Manx born, chose to represent Northern Ireland (not football) under the same rules

Welsh grandparent according to a Wales forum. Harris also mentioned how special playing for Wales is for him and his family in an interview so definitely some connection there

I read that they're trying to close the Channel Islands loophole and make them eligible for just England

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Welsh grandparent according to a Wales forum. Harris also mentioned how special playing for Wales is for him and his family in an interview so definitely some connection there

I read that they're trying to close the Channel Islands loophole and make them eligible for just England
    how can they justify that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They'll be after sully island next.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it has something to do with Jersey having a team in the English pyramid, I can't really remember the exact details but it has been rumoured for a while

I see Jordan James has returned to the fold having been called into the u21s and was responding positively to Wales fans on Twitter. Hopefully he's back for good

It will be interesting to see how he performs in these games, if he gets a chance. Given the current injury situation, there could be space for a creative attacking midfielder in the squad.

It’s a bit concerning that Bale and Ramsey are both struggling to be fit and Harry Wilson is likely to be out for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s a bit concerning that Bale and Ramsey are both struggling to be fit and Harry Wilson is likely to be out for a while yet.
    They are all cutting it a bit fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They'll be after sully island next.
    As long as they leave Barry Island alone !

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    They are all cutting it a bit fine.
    Just got this funny feeling they will all be fit and raring to go by the time the World Cup starts

I've found out the link. His Grandmother (my uncle's ex-wife) is from Cardiff.

I see Jordan James has returned to the fold having been called into the u21s and was responding positively to Wales fans on Twitter. Hopefully he's back for good
    It baffles me that he's not in the senior squad.

Forget the fact that he's 18, he's starting week in week out for a Championship team. Joniesta (as much as I love the guy) is playing in League 2. Morrell in League 1. This Luke Harris has obviously got a lot of potential but he's not played any (or very little) senior football yet.

When you add in the fact that he's seemingly in a bit of a tug-of-war between Wales and England, you think they'd be desperate to cap him too.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Forget the fact that he's 18, he's starting week in week out for a Championship team. Joniesta (as much as I love the guy) is playing in League 2. Morrell in League 1. This Luke Harris has obviously got a lot of potential but he's not played any (or very little) senior football yet.

When you add in the fact that he's seemingly in a bit of a tug-of-war between Wales and England, you think they'd be desperate to cap him too.
    Maybe they can't tell jokes or play cards in the evenings? I can't think of any other reason why they aren't being developed as squad players before they take the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Just got this funny feeling they will all be fit and raring to go by the time the World Cup starts
    Bale, Ramsey & Wilson are probably our most creative players, and they are trying to overcome long-term fitness issues. I don't think we will see them all playing the full 90 minutes of 3 games in 8 days, so I hope the manager has a Plan B.

Looks like you may get your wish with Allen out

Jordan James called up to the Wales squad

Jordan James called up to the Wales squad
    Good news long term. Dragon Soccer was saying Wales were happy for him to go to the England camp last time, and he didn't enjoy his time and is glad to be back with us.

Charlie Savage is now training with the Manchester United 1st team, and it's only a matter of time before we have a decent midfield again.

Another young player called up

Wales call up Birmingham teenager Jordan James for Nations League games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62941993

IIRC, a player can change country if he has played three, or fewer, competitive first team games for a country whilst under the age of 21.