+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wales might not 'risk' Gareth Bale against Belgium

Re: Wales might not 'risk' Gareth Bale against Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You stated Johnson would be doing the heavy lifting at the World Cup, so I don't think asking who he's starting ahead of is the wrong question

Our key players have had fitness issues for ages and we've dealt with them. I expect both Ramsey & Bale to be fit and raring to go in Qatar.

I really like Johnson, I think he's an excellent player and sometime very soon he'll be a nailed on starter for Wales but there are reasons he isn't at the moment
    I don't think we will be starting any of the games with our absolute best team on the pitch, and it will be all about player management. Any team will suffer without a fully fit Bale, Ramsey, Wilson & Brooks, as that is where all our creativity comes from. Johnson is more unpredictable and he is capable of the unexpected even if he is having a quiet game, so he's a starter for me with Neco & Brennan playing down the right. Bale can play more central if he is fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think we will be starting any of the games with our absolute best team on the pitch, and it will be all about player management. Any team will suffer without a fully fit Bale, Ramsey, Wilson & Brooks, as that is where all our creativity comes from. Johnson is more unpredictable and he is capable of the unexpected even if he is having a quiet game, so he's a starter for me with Neco & Brennan playing down the right. Bale can play more central if he is fit.
    Who are you leaving out then? Who's at left back if Williams is being moved over? Roberts won't be able to provide what Williams does on that side and you'll have disrupted the defensive setup just before a major tournament

The only way I think Johnson starts at the World Cup is if Bale can't, he'll definitely be one of the first off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Who are you leaving out then? Who's at left back if Williams is being moved over? Roberts won't be able to provide what Williams does on that side and you'll have disrupted the defensive setup just before a major tournament

The only way I think Johnson starts at the World Cup is if Bale can't, he'll definitely be one of the first off the bench.
    Yeah, you're probably right mate. Neco at left back, Johnson on the bench, a knackered Bale hobbling down the right wing, while Moore elbows anybody within elbowing range. Ampadu reverts to RCB ensuring a sh*t midfield, and the boss enjoys a game of cards every night with Jonniesta and 200 caps Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is that match fit or fit to start training?
    Fit to play

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Fit to play
    We really need him to be at the top of his game, as he is one of the few players who can link attack with the defence.

I’d be quite happy to target the USA and Iran games and rest players for the England game. Why delay the inevitable heart ache, let’s get through the group.