+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Re: Next Manager odds from Skybet

I suspect that any sensible candidate wouldn't want to pick up the managerial reins until after the Blackburn and Burnley fixtures are out of the way.

Bloody hell, I'd better eat soon. I'm starting to imagine Scott Parker in a suit sporting a discreet Cardiff City FC lapel pin.

The ITK stuff is great. Theres another manager but I wont say.😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Bloody hell, I'd better eat soon. I'm starting to imagine Scott Parker in a suit sporting a discreet Cardiff City FC lapel pin.
    As long as he doesn't wear that stupid Cardigan he was sporting this season - sure that was part of the issue as to why he got sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    The ITK stuff is great. Theres another manager but I wont say.😂😂😂
    I know who the next manager is but I can't say until he is in post and then I will tell you 👍👍

I have a 100% record on these things you know

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Strange that Jody Morris was keen last
    Time and one of the first to throw his hat in this time too.
    It’s a totally different prospect, different personnel.
    You’d think Managers would have a certain type
    Of squad they’d be aiming for to suit their likely
    Style of play
    He just wants a job. He hasn't worked since Lampard was sacked by Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    As long as he doesn't wear that stupid Cardigan he was sporting this season - sure that was part of the issue as to why he got sacked
    The only time a manager should wear knitwear is in old B&W footage when they played with stitched leather balls (I'm not editing the grammar).

What's Ryan Giggs doing?

Well it's not going to be Paul Warne - he's off to Derby https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...unty_42968.htm

I think Nathan Jones. Would be a decent shout for me. That could be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    What's Ryan Giggs doing?
    Who can keep up but it's not Kate Greville, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    To be honest, I’d take that. I’d prefer we got Warnock in as a stop gap for 7 months instead of give one of these other names a 2 year contract in the hope it clicks.
    He’s effective and if it’s only until the end of the season there shouldn’t be enough time for it to turn sour.
    Plus he united the fan base once before and for the most part he’s still a popular figure for many. It would take a lot longer for fans to turn on him than a new face if things went wrong.
    We do not have the squad to play his brand of football and I wouldn’t trust him with any transfers of his own.
    If the club find it too hard to move away from goofball and continue with our current style then I think board resignations would be my choice.
    Tan owns the club lock stock and barrel so Dalman would be number one casualty for me. Maybe followed by Choo

Let's be honest here. Warnock worked here because he could manipulate our owner, Tan and Choo and bring them round to his way of thinking and relaxing the purse strings a little.

If you can't manipulate the three that make decisions then you're as good as half way out the door before a ball has been kicked.

Warnock was a master of it. The same with his comments about the 'great bunch of lads' that was our squad and equally praising the fans and most rolling over to get their bellies tickled.

Warnock with his experience and contacts in the game is also the nearest thing you'd get to a manager and director of football rolled into one which is the main reason that he was the most successful manager here post Malky.

I meant he could manipulate Tan, Dalman and Choo but you probably worked that out.

Carlos Corberan Has moved up the list recently, the only one who gets my attention along with Bellamy. Hudson has to be a no and now Bamba who I can’t stand moved to 2nd fav.

ive been going down the city since i was about 8... so would have been around 80/81

at which time i didnt really have an idea who the manager was, as a kid it was all about your favourite player, midfielder or striker or what have you, i started taking note in a mangers role, personality and character around about eddie mays 1st term in office, and what a amanger to take note of, i love eddie may
    im turning 50 and the nonchalant in me dont really care who the next maanger is, like ive said over the years we could have had alex fergusson in charge would it have made any difference ? the dave jones years were ok too as we had the likes of chops banging the balls in... and i always liked malky, we all know how that went and yes he obviously made some eratic errors, but i thought he was a decent manager... probably since then ive not got excited about any of them, if you count gabs little stint and currently huds holding it down we have had 9 managers since malky...

nah not fussed who comes in to be honest, we have alot of new players with much longer contracts than any manager to get to know and focus on

if i had to throw something in, that nathan jones would sure bring in some passion perhaps, or mark robins maybe... but not sure if things will change no matter what

always the optermistic me

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Carlos Corberan Has moved up the list recently, the only one who gets my attention along with Bellamy. Hudson has to be a no and now Bamba who I can’t stand moved to 2nd fav.
    Was wondering why Corberan wasn't even on the list previously. Think he'd be a good choice.

It seems Liam Manning from MK dons maybe in the running. I’d like to see Bellamy given the chance, which would be a win-win for the club. If he’s a success, everybody’s happy, if not, the club can say they give him a chance.

Hudson now into 1/2, which is by default probably as much as anything, as time goes on with no news. It shows how in-the-dark the bookies are on these markets as they have Paul Warne priced up at 20/1. The same Paul Warne who left Rotherham yesterday to go to Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Hudson now into 1/2, which is by default probably as much as anything, as time goes on with no news. It shows how in-the-dark the bookies are on these markets as they have Paul Warne priced up at 20/1. The same Paul Warne who left Rotherham yesterday to go to Derby.
    I mean it is on the way here from Rotherham

International

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    It seems Liam Manning from MK dons maybe in the running. I’d like to see Bellamy given the chance, which would be a win-win for the club. If he’s a success, everybody’s happy, if not, the club can say they give him a chance.
    I think we will end up with someone like Manning or Steven Schumacher, Hudson will get three of four games as a caretaker I think and prove he's not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Early doors, the bookies won't have a clue. They'll have less of a clue when Vincent Tan is the decision maker, as I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a clue what he wants to do either

Paul Ince, anyone?

There are quite a number of online sources linking us with Paul Ince. Can't say I'd be that impressed if he was appointed, but what does everyone else think?

Re: Paul Ince, anyone?

No.

Re: Paul Ince, anyone?

This was done to death, the other day, in “THE NEXT MANAGER” thread