+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Next Manager odds from Skybet

...and they make grim reading. Part of me thinks they've pulled half of these out of their arse at short notice due to the out-of-the-blue sacking as a few names were linked last time before Morison got the job.

https://i.imgur.com/RvhiCWE.png

Nathan Jones is worth a shout. If Hudson gets even a single win in the next game or two I can see them hiring him on the cheap, sadly.

Re: Next Manager odds from Skybet

it has Colin written all over it, comes in till the end of the season, saves the day AGAIN

What an underwhelming list.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it has Colin written all over it, comes in till the end of the season, saves the day AGAIN
    Wonder what the mckay twins are doing now - a couple of out of contract players incoming 😭😭

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    ...and they make grim reading. Part of me thinks they've pulled half of these out of their arse at short notice due to the out-of-the-blue sacking as a few names were linked last time before Morison got the job.

Nathan Jones is worth a shout. If Hudson gets even a single win in the next game or two I can see them hiring him on the cheap, sadly.
    Perversely, I almost don't want us to do too well while Hudson is in a caretaker position.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post

I wouldn't mind Nathan Jones - he's an interesting character who has had to work his way into management via an alternative route. I also don't think Sean Dyche is that daft a call - it's unlikely but not impossible.

Just please god not Colin.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    To be honest, I’d take that. I’d prefer we got Warnock in as a stop gap for 7 months instead of give one of these other names a 2 year contract in the hope it clicks.
    He’s effective and if it’s only until the end of the season there shouldn’t be enough time for it to turn sour.
    Plus he united the fan base once before and for the most part he’s still a popular figure for many. It would take a lot longer for fans to turn on him than a new face if things went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What an underwhelming list.
    You this Dyche would come here? He was Malkys mucker a few years ago….

Bring back Mick! Bring back Mick!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You this Dyche would come here? He was Malkys mucker a few years ago….
    I'd take Dyche.
    He was probably responsible for a large part of the success we had under Malky, although it's obviously hard to be sure that was the case, but Dyche has gone on to do quite well whereas Malky, not so much...
    Fat chance of that happening anyway though, it seems he's being linked with Leicester amongst others.

Absolutely grim if it’s not Jones, and you’d have to ask why he’d come work for Tan and Dalman

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'd take Dyche.
    He was probably responsible for a large part of the success we had under Malky, although it's obviously hard to be sure that was the case, but Dyche has gone on to do quite well whereas Malky, not so much...
    Fat chance of that happening anyway though, it seems he's being linked with Leicester amongst others.
    Dyche stayed at Watford when Mackay came here, so how is Dyche responsible for anything Mackay did here ?

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I wouldn't mind Nathan Jones - he's an interesting character who has had to work his way into management via an alternative route. I also don't think Sean Dyche is that daft a call - it's unlikely but not impossible.

Just please god not Colin.
    Didn't Jones have a bust up with Morison over a handshake a few weeks ago?

I like Nathan Jones. Watching him when they played us recently he looked more like a cornerman than a manager! He'd be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'd take Dyche.
    In what way was Watford's Sean Dyche responsible for Cardiff City's success?

No chance we'd get Dyche, he'll be waiting for a Premier league job.

I’d take David Wagner if he doesn’t go to Huddersfield

Dyche is fantasy talk, the work he did with Burnley would easily see him get a PL job when one inevitably opens up.

I've wanted Jones for a number of years, even after his stint at Stoke I wanted us to take a punt on him before he went back to Luton.

If we can't get him, looking down the leagues isn't a bad shout. Both McKenna and Schumacer are doing well at their clubs, whether they'd come here (McKenna especially, Ipswich will likely go up this year) is another question. For the love of god stay away from Hudson, Pulis and Warnock

I would have NOT ONE of those on that list.....ye gods.......what a lack of invention...

As for the Board, including Dalman....someone said some centuries ago...."in the name of God go...."

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I would have NOT ONE of those on that list.....ye gods.......what a lack of invention...

As for the Board, including Dalman....someone said some centuries ago...."in the name of God go...."
    You can hardly blame Dalman for betting odds when nothing has been said! Some people can't wait to advance their agenda.

almost all the names on that list are long ball merchants, including Nathan Jones. not sure we have the squad to play that way these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    You can hardly blame Dalman for betting odds when nothing has been said! Some people can't wait to advance their agenda.

What agenda?.....Dalman et al have no sense whatsoeover in running a football club - as evidenced by their past decisions..

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In what way was Watford's Sean Dyche responsible for Cardiff City's success?
    Forgive my not so young age.
    For some reason, I had it in my brain that Dyche was here with him.

Nathan Jones .

He is a Cardiff City fan......which has got to count for something despite the fact our fans seem to be unimpressed with hiring based on sentiment and prefer people like Neil fckin Warnock......he has also done incredibly well at Luton.

He'd be really popular here surely. He's like a Valley's Klopp on roidz....at least in terms of personality.

Stoke is the only question mark over his name......but we are total shit so surely someone like Jones would have to be regarded as a no brainer.

I think he'd turn us down anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Nathan Jones .

He is a Cardiff City fan......which has got to count for something despite the fact our fans seem to be unimpressed with hiring based on sentiment and prefer people like Neil fckin Warnock......he has also done incredibly well at Luton.

He'd be really popular here surely. He's like a Valley's Klopp on roidz....at least in terms of personality.

Stoke is the only question mark over his name......but we are total shit so surely someone like Jones would have to be regarded as a no brainer.

We couldn't afford the compensation

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Nathan Jones .

his team's play a very direct style, hitting long balls to a big striker.
    do we really want to go back to that?