+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Re: Next Manager odds from Skybet

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That would be an interesting move

What are the chance our board have heard of him? They're probably asking Morison to line up a replacement
    He was only with them 6 weeks but a loss to Aris is unacceptable in that league. It wasn't even the first doube in 100 years! There's no way that Morison would have survived after the 4 nil loss at home last season in Greece (that's a sh*t sentence and grammar but you get what I mean!).
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 18-09-22 at 20:36. Reason: Too tired to edit

Surely the value bet is hudson there. Id have hudson odds on. I can't see anyone else being appointed.

Will be to end of season initially, then contract extended then sacked this time next year shortly after signing loads of 'his' players. . Why break with tradition?

David Ornstein says Hudson will get time, and Bamba wants the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Surely the value bet is hudson there. Id have hudson odds on. I can't see anyone else being appointed.

Will be to end of season initially, then contract extended then sacked this time next year shortly after signing loads of 'his' players. . Why break with tradition?
    Inevitability depressing that this will actually happen

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    David Ornstein says Hudson will get time, and Bamba wants the job.
    We've not got a game for two weeks. Why have we already decided to give Hudson time?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    To be honest, I’d take that. I’d prefer we got Warnock in as a stop gap for 7 months instead of give one of these other names a 2 year contract in the hope it clicks.
    He’s effective and if it’s only until the end of the season there shouldn’t be enough time for it to turn sour.
    Plus he united the fan base once before and for the most part he’s still a popular figure for many. It would take a lot longer for fans to turn on him than a new face if things went wrong.
    Appointing Warnock would be insane. We've just spent the summer getting rid of Warnock type players.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That would be an interesting move

What are the chance our board have heard of him? They're probably asking Morison to line up a replacement
    I just hope we break the Millwall connection. Last three have been ex Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Lump on Kenny Jackett then

We've sacked three managers since Gary Rowett took charge at Millwall.

Yes, Millwall that world renown academy of footballing excellence.

Embarrassing.

Schumacher
    Hamilton
    Hunt

Wtf is going on

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've not got a game for two weeks. Why have we already decided to give Hudson time?
    Honestly, we are a complete shambles.

Not read all the thread but get Bellamy in.

I give up. I'm too old for this shit. Vincent Tan has made one bad decision after another. Yeah, it's his money. But for ****'s sake, learn how to spend it wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I give up. I'm too old for this shit. Vincent Tan has made one bad decision after another. Yeah, it's his money. But for ****'s sake, learn how to spend it wisely.
    Exactly this.

Unless we get a savvy bloke who knows how to massage Tan's ego and make a silk purse from a sows ear then I fear the worst.

Vincent Tan.
    Is it a coincidence that the two managers who tried to play a bit more football lasted a combined total of about three months once their teams started playing for league points using their new way of playing. I honestly cannot see the man who wanted the goalkeeper to shoot more being a big fan of a more progressive way of playing, it definitely seems like the long ball merchants are given more time to try to sort things out.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is it a coincidence that the two managers who tried to play a bit more football lasted a combined total of about three months once their teams started playing for league points using their new way of playing. I honestly cannot see the man who wanted the goalkeeper to shoot more being a big fan of a more progressive way of playing, it definitely seems like the long ball merchants are given more time to try to sort things out.
    If we had lost to Sheffield United he probably would have still been employed. The fact we lost to Huddersfield just before the international break clearly had bigger implications. The correct decision.

The brand of football can’t have helped
    as it’s so difficult to watch. Someone like Tan probably does want some excitement and see us at least have a go. I don’t think we need to go back to the ‘oohs and ‘aahs’ of the Warnock era, but a combination of the two formats would serve us better.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    as it’s so difficult to watch. Someone like Tan probably does want some excitement and see us at least have a go. I don’t think we need to go back to the ‘oohs and ‘aahs’ of the Warnock era, but a combination of the two formats would serve us better.
    If he didn’t get excitement from the first half against Middlesbrough then I don’t know what the ****er wants.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, or in other words Vincent Tan’s footballing strategy.

If this was another line of business, him and his cronies would have been sacked ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    If he didn’t get excitement from the first half against Middlesbrough then I don’t know what the ****er wants.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, or in other words Vincent Tan’s footballing strategy.

If this was another line of business, him and his cronies would have been sacked ages ago.
    If there was a league table on the 50 best and worst run football clubs I wonder where we’d be?

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I agree the way we’re playing now, one half of Middlesbrough aside, is extremely frustrating.

Yes, pass the ball about a bit but you have to find a way to create chances. That’s the exciting bit about watching football, not watching the ball be knocked about in safe areas

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    ...and they make grim reading. Part of me thinks they've pulled half of these out of their arse at short notice due to the out-of-the-blue sacking as a few names were linked last time before Morison got the job.

https://i.imgur.com/RvhiCWE.png

Nathan Jones is worth a shout. If Hudson gets even a single win in the next game or two I can see them hiring him on the cheap, sadly.
    How come Scott Parker isn’t on there ? Not that I would want his brand of cheating

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If there was a league table on the 50 best and worst run football clubs I wonder where we’d be?
    Nowhere near the top 50

Just read WOL that Hudson and Bamba are favourites....I have no words to say what I feel about that.......sinking ship comes to mind....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Mid table. We’ve had a cup final, 2 promotions and several play off finishes under Tan. We’re one of the more successful Championship teams of the last decade.
    He’s also backed every manager with funds, albeit some more than others.

We’d be well above the likes of Bolton, Sunderland, Blackpool, Wigan, Derby, Bury, Portsmouth, Oldham, Macclesfield. They’re just the few clubs who have had serious problems in the period Tan has owned us. Then there’s a lot more who have just been mediocre with nothing to show for the same time period.