+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone turned the heating on yet?

International

Anyone turned the heating on yet?

Nippy last night and this morning, I was tempted to whack it on for half an hour to take the edge off, even though mine hasn't gone up i'm determind this year to go as long as possible without it.

Has anyone put there heating on yet?

If not add to the thread when you evenually do, lets see who's first and last!

Re: Anyone turned the heating on yet?

I put it on to test my new radiators and that was it. Doesn’t really count as I’m fine with my dressing gown and socks for now.

I’ll definitely be using layers more this year, and going into the office to use their heating haha

I put it on a couple of mornings ago, just for an hour to check the boiler was ok and the rads didn't need bleeding.
    Off now though.

Non sport related thread alert.

Off on holiday in a few weeks, I’m going to hold out so it doesn’t need to come on until nov 5th….wife wants it on now though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He’s concerned our energy bills will mean less fans which will mean less money for the club, which will mean a shit manager, and fewer light displays before the games.

It's remarkable how quickly the weather can change in just a few weeks. 25+ degrees just a few weeks ago and now talk of the heating going on. Don't think we've ever put the heating on in September before but today I'm very tempted to.

Yes.To take the chill off.Change of habits though.Use the dishwasher on quick rinse only.They reckon a modern dishwasher only uses a bowl of water.Whether that's true I'm not sure.haven’t used the boiler for hot water all summer.I boil half a kettle of water to shave.
    Just had the bill for one month £75 .That's for electric only, gas usage will be on the next months bill.We live in a cold end of terrace
    so expecting winter bills to be extremely high.

No chance .
    Oil central heating here, can see the refinery from where I live. Tempted to tap in a pipeline from there.

Just lit the log burner for the first time. I've a decent stash of wood so trying to avoid using the gas central heating.

Same here GL
    Best thing we’ve ever bought was the log burner
    Apart from the heat it throws out there’s definitely something soothing in watching naked flames 🔥 🔥🔥

First Team

No.
    Absolute ban until November.
    However, being the kind husband I am ,I have conceded that the winter duvet can be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    Same here GL
    Apart from the heat it throws out there’s definitely something soothing in watching naked flames 🔥 🔥🔥
    That’s good to hear - I’m having a log burner installed this week.

Not yet, but definitely feeling colder now.
    I've got gaps under a pvc windowsill in one of my rooms that are causing a draught, anybody got any tips on filling it?
    The gaps are quite big so I'm not sure a sealant gun will work, could I plug it with putty?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I've got gaps under a pvc windowsill in one of my rooms that are causing a draught, anybody got any tips on filling it?
    The gaps are quite big so I'm not sure a sealant gun will work, could I plug it with putty?
    What about expanding foam be careful mind it doesn't half expand.

Is that toxic though?
    I was looking at some type of Gorilla foam online and there were warnings of cancer causing chemicals and all-sorts!

Heating? I've still got the fan on at night.

Hey Ninja
    I had the exact same problem
    Toolstation or Screwfix
    Buy the expanding foam
    Once it goes off you can cut the excess away - sand and even paint
    No more draughts mate 👍

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Surprised this thread hasn't been moved to the Alternative Forum.

It usually takes Herr Moggis under ten minutes to instruct Blue Matt to shift it.

He then exclaims: "jawohl," dutifully slaps a thigh, clicks his heels together then punts it with gusto.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s concerned our energy bills will mean less fans which will mean less money for the club, which will mean a shit manager, and fewer light displays before the games.
    And the players will be having muscle injuries due to low internal temperatures.

Hey Ninja
    I had the exact same problem
    Toolstation or Screwfix
    Buy the expanding foam
    Once it goes off you can cut the excess away - sand and even paint
    No more draughts mate 👍
    Cheers sunny, will look into the expanding foams a bit more, seems a good option, just a bit wary after what I read about the Gorilla one!

Same here GL
    We have one but to purchase a bag of seasoned cut logs is about £80. Is this really more cost efficient than just turning the central heating on for an hour in the evening?

My old man used to work at John Bland’s. Dear God it was like bonfire night in our house every night, sparks everywhere, the mat in front of the fireplace was like a frigging old ashtray, scorch marks everywhere. Still, the wood cost bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    you could just cover the gap with some uPVC trim and stick on with some silicone if you didnt want to use expanding foam

** traditionally expanding foam / foam insulation did contain formaldehyde, but the world attempted to get rid of it ( though some still contain, Im looking at it made cheaply in China ) though saying that, it still does still contain Isocyanates which are also cancerogenic

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    you could just cover the gap with some uPVC trim and stick on with some silicone if you didnt want to use expanding foam

** traditionally expanding foam / foam insulation did contain formaldehyde, but the world attempted to get rid of it ( though some still contain, Im looking at it made cheaply in China ) though saying that, it still does still contain Isocyanates which are also cancerogenic
    Putty it is then