+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spend on the best Manager we can get!

Re: Spend on the best Manager we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some of the names thrown about - out of work or soon to be out of work managers - will have ambitions higher than Cardiff.

But all this talk of us being unattractive or a basket case club are nonsense.

Cardiff City FC is a very attractive job for most prospective managers out there.

Sacking Morison at this time was a poor decision in my view (unless there were good reasons that have not yet come out) but in general the club has done much more right than wrong in recent years.

The stadium, training facilities, squad and academy, and potential size of support are all massive positives. Tan seems to have kept funding the club without interfering in the playing side (apart from sacking failing managers at an almost Watford rate). The board is dis functional but most parts of the club scorecard are ticks.

Any potential manager with self belief would look at the club seriously. For some they might be aiming straight at the top league or top end Championship (but there will only be vacancies if those clubs are in trouble), but for most Cardiff is a prize.
    Agreed. We are one of the top 20 or so jobs that a British manager could realistically get. If you discount those with disfunctional boards, that number gets a lot smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's a fair point given the importance of the role.

I don't see why we shouldn't aim high and be willing to spend, those names though are pretty much out of our league, Brendon is out of our universe.

We would have to be offering some serious wages.

Given our past dealings with managers and lately on players I'm sure it will be who is available, who is cheap and probably who has previously been involved at Millwall. Rinse and repeat next year.
    The main sticking point is, if you are a decent manager (even currently out of work like Dyche) would you want to come to Cardiff City and work for Tan and Dalman ?
    Another clueless appointment is on his way decided by a board with zero football knowledge

Looking at the odds I think Purse at 20-1 is worth a punt.

I dont see Hudson getting results against Burnley and Blackburn. That could see a repeat of the Morison situation and the under 23 coach in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Looking at the odds I think Purse at 20-1 is worth a punt.

I dont see Hudson getting results against Burnley and Blackburn. That could see a repeat of the Morison situation and the under 23 coach in charge.
    the u23s seem to have gone backwards at a rate of knots since Purse took over

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the u23s seem to have gone backwards at a rate of knots since Purse took over
    Yeah but we are talking our board here.

Why is Hudson going to be in charge for any matches, let alone given the chance to prove himself? There's almost 2 weeks between Morison's sacking and our next game. A decent club would already have some names in mind, not sacking someone then saying "oh, who can we get as our new manager?" Other clubs announce replacement managers within days. We might yet I suppose, but I very much doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Tan should have backed Morison and bought another striker and a decent number 10.The man is clueless as is Dalman.I'd throw Borley in to that category as well if he's still on the board.
    It's a ****ing joke of a club.
    Didn’t he do that with Robinson?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Why is Hudson going to be in charge for any matches, let alone given the chance to prove himself? There's almost 2 weeks between Morison's sacking and our next game. A decent club would already have some names in mind, not sacking someone then saying "oh, who can we get as our new manager?" Other clubs announce replacement managers within days. We might yet I suppose, but I very much doubt it.
    The reason is the club is clueless. I wasn’t a fan of Morison, agreed he changed the playing style but I didn’t like his personality. There is absolutely no point in sacking one rookie manager and replacing him with another who has even less experience. We do need a Nathan Jones or someone who knows this league. Look at Stoke they didn’t mess about to entice Alex Neil to leave Sunderland.

Hudson-2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses from first 5 games-18 month contract.

Hudson sacked in february.

Tom Ramasut saves us from relegation by 2 points-18 month contract-Vincent likes his enthusiasm for the game-Sacked in November.

Darren Purse goes back to a bit of old school lump it, Passion etc-6 wins, 2 draws and 2 losses from his first 10 games-2 year contract sacked the following Christmas.

Next Appointment-Sven Goran Errikson-Vincent very impressed with him after a chat about football at an oil rich Arab's Funeral in the UAE. Lump on it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's better to take a bit of time and get the right man, maybe waiting a month or so.

I think Hudson will fail, so it will be a new Manager from outside, God knows who though, we are in a right mess?