+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spend on the best Manager we can get!

International

Spend on the best Manager we can get!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, why spend £1.5 million on a Striker who can't score a penalty from 12 yards, and then spend peanuts on the Manager?

If there is any chance in hell of Brendon, Cooper or Dyche or the best we can get, pay what’s required it will save you money long term, let them sort the football side out!

Re: Spend on the best Manager we can get!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, why spend £1.5 million on a Striker who can't score a penalty from 12 yards, and then spend peanuts on the Manager?

If there is any chance in hell of Brendon, Cooper or Dyche or the best we can get, pay what’s required it will save you money long term, let them sort the football side out!
    So the tginly veiled insults to Robinson have already started then I see. He has been here just over two weeks. Much better players than him have had penalties saved or missed them altogether. It is no wonder we have struggled to get a striker in when this is the sort of reception they get.

You are assuming any decent manager would want to be employed by this basket case of a club. Tan has too much of a say in the running of the club (board, what board?) and is totally incompetent in running a football club as a business. Unless, of course, he is relishing getting his own back after we failed to support his attempt to turn us red permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So the tginly veiled insults to Robinson have already started then I see. He has been here just over two weeks. Much better players than him have had penalties saved or missed them altogether. It is no wonder we have struggled to get a striker in when this is the sort of reception they get.
    Agreed, he was immense in the first half against Middlesbrough. Always looking for a scapegoat our fans, there’s a big Malaysian one there for everyone to blame.

there isn't a chance in hell of those though

Tan should have backed Morison and bought another striker and a decent number 10.The man is clueless as is Dalman.I'd throw Borley in to that category as well if he's still on the board.
    It's a ****ing joke of a club.

It's a fair point given the importance of the role.

I don't see why we shouldn't aim high and be willing to spend, those names though are pretty much out of our league, Brendon is out of our universe.

We would have to be offering some serious wages.

Given our past dealings with managers and lately on players I'm sure it will be who is available, who is cheap and probably who has previously been involved at Millwall. Rinse and repeat next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's a fair point given the importance of the role.

I don't see why we shouldn't aim high and be willing to spend, those names though are pretty much out of our league, Brendon is out of our universe.

We would have to be offering some serious wages.

Given our past dealings with managers and lately on players I'm sure it will be who is available, who is cheap and probably who has previously been involved at Millwall. Rinse and repeat next year.
    "Aiming high" when it comes to managerial appointments nearly always means that the same has to be done when it comes to recruitment of players as well though..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "Aiming high" when it comes to managerial appointments nearly always means that the same has to be done when it comes to recruitment of players as well though..
    Of course, it's going to absolutely be someone available, cheap or currently employed by us.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Hudson got it for a little while, got a few results and then got a year contract.

It's going to be Hudson, he'll win a few games get us to mid table, get a 2 year extension and then be fired before Christmas next year.

Any talk of an established premiership manager is utter rubbish. One, we're too cheap and two, nobody who has any chance of getting another offer is going to work for Tan and Dalman. We'd do incredibly well at this point to find somebody who has managed at this level before. There's a reason Hudson and Bamba are being leaked already.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there isn't a chance in hell of those though

Little chance I would imagine except for maybe Cooper?

If not we still need to aim higher than McCarthy and taking chances in novices like Morison, he has something about him but has so much to learn, especially with dealing with people.

Little chance I would imagine except for maybe Cooper?

If not we still need to aim higher than McCarthy and taking chances in novices like Morison, he has something about him but has so much to learn, especially with dealing with people.
    cooper was being linked with the Brighton job the other day, he won't be coming here

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Fair enough I was disappointed with Robinson but the point of the post is that the Manager is the most important appointment at any club.

Haaland was a fantastic signing for Man City, but getting Pep was a much more important decision by the Man City board, if you swopped Solksjaer with Pep, man U would be one of the best teams in the World and Man City would be shite.

The MOST IMPORTANT decision that any club has to make, is to get the right manager. Get that right and the club will run itself.

Some of the names thrown about - out of work or soon to be out of work managers - will have ambitions higher than Cardiff.

But all this talk of us being unattractive or a basket case club are nonsense.

Cardiff City FC is a very attractive job for most prospective managers out there.

Sacking Morison at this time was a poor decision in my view (unless there were good reasons that have not yet come out) but in general the club has done much more right than wrong in recent years.

The stadium, training facilities, squad and academy, and potential size of support are all massive positives. Tan seems to have kept funding the club without interfering in the playing side (apart from sacking failing managers at an almost Watford rate). The board is dis functional but most parts of the club scorecard are ticks.

Any potential manager with self belief would look at the club seriously. For some they might be aiming straight at the top league or top end Championship (but there will only be vacancies if those clubs are in trouble), but for most Cardiff is a prize.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NottinghamBlue View Post
    The MOST IMPORTANT decision that any club has to make, is to get the right manager. Get that right and the club will run itself.
    Exactly Push the boat out

Several months ago, many City fans thought Wilder was the best option and he seemed so in theory. Now the Boro fans want him out.

It’s a lottery and there are far more chances of failure than success.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Some of the names thrown about - out of work or soon to be out of work managers - will have ambitions higher than Cardiff.

But all this talk of us being unattractive or a basket case club are nonsense.

Cardiff City FC is a very attractive job for most prospective managers out there.

Sacking Morison at this time was a poor decision in my view (unless there were good reasons that have not yet come out) but in general the club has done much more right than wrong in recent years.

The stadium, training facilities, squad and academy, and potential size of support are all massive positives. Tan seems to have kept funding the club without interfering in the playing side (apart from sacking failing managers at an almost Watford rate). The board is dis functional but most parts of the club scorecard are ticks.

Any potential manager with self belief would look at the club seriously. For some they might be aiming straight at the top league or top end Championship (but there will only be vacancies if those clubs are in trouble), but for most Cardiff is a prize.
    Surely things like stadium and playing staff are standards for any club who has moderate success as we have had for the last 20 years and a club with any reasonable ambitions

Disagree about the fan base - we have seen two promotions to the promised land and spaffed it all away and the fans that came for the odd game in the main walked away - our fan base is probably what it is now after a couple of years of mediocrity

As for the board being disfunctional - I think this is the one thing that negates anything else good about our club

Is there a club that have so many off field issues to resolve and has so many ex managers on the payroll - all money being taken up that cant be spent on the future only on past mistakes

I think any manager of note coming in would look at our recent history of failed managers off field issues and look for a better offer elsewhere

Of course, it's going to absolutely be someone available, cheap or currently employed by us.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Hudson got it for a little while, got a few results and then got a year contract.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    cooper was being linked with the Brighton job the other day, he won't be coming here
    Agreed, that ship has sailed i'm afraid.

If Hudson beats Burnley and Blackburn give him the job until the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Hudson beats Burnley and Blackburn give him the job until the end of the season.
    Bigger chance of me voting Tory than us beating those two.

That is exactly what is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That is exactly what is going to happen.
    Its like the Barcelona conveyor belt, only shit!

What part of what has happened under Tan gives you the impression that we’ll :-

1. Spend any money
    2. Do any proper research on a manager