Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
I’ll come to your office and shout at you, and see how you like it. If someone did that to me, I’d look for a new job immediately
I play futsal with a group of friends and a while back one lad, who often can be a little over-aggressive physically and verbally, said something as innocuous as "Fckin' hell!" to one of the other semi-regular lads who petulantly walked off the pitch and went home leaving his team a man down for the rest of the game. Was he right to storm off in a huff in that situation?

I'd imagine that managers having a go at players in the dressing room happens up and down the country on a weekly basis, but they can't all be sacked for it. The problem is that these days, a lot of people feel entitled to have the world conform to their personal standards instead of vice versa. In an ideal world, nobody would get shouted at, but no-one lives in an ideal world.

If SM had a player against the wall by the throat, then fair enough (heard many stories in years gone by, e.g. Clough & Keane). For persistent workplace bullying/vindictiveness/spitefulness etc. fair enough and it shouldn't be tolerated. For getting a rollicking in the dressing room, you'd seriously ask for a transfer?