+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy to pontificate on the past but who WILL BE City's next manager (not who you'd like)

Easy to pontificate on the past but who WILL BE City's next manager (not who you'd like)

We've had posts ad nauseum about why SM was sacked.
    We know who you'd like to see as the new Boss - and the betting odds.
    So a challenge to all you itk guys with 'contacts' and Twitter sources. Tell us the future from the inside track.
    Who will be appointed as City's next manager?

Re: Easy to pontificate on the past but who WILL BE City's next manager (not who you'd like)

Citizens Nephew. He'd be flicking the V's at the fans, gobbing at the Lino and tripping up the away team subs while they warmed up.

Re: Easy to pontificate on the past but who WILL BE City's next manager (not who you'd like)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Citizens Nephew. He'd be flicking the V's at the fans, gobbing at the Lino and tripping up the away team subs while they warmed up.
    Gets my vote

I think it will be Hudson. We have a fair number of home games and if he grabs a few results? Only thing is, SM could have probably achieved just as much in that time frame. When we are 15th next November they will probably appoint, I dunno, Gavin Chesterfield.

A long term strategy based on someone like Nathan Jones is probably too much to ask.

Given that the only person making the hiring and firing decisions is VT, then the appointment will be purely a financial and not a footballing decision.
    Therefore it will be Mark Hudson.

Roy Keane

Hudson, although Citizen's Nephew also gets my vote, if only for the post match interview when he's having a bad day

It’s Hudsons to lose I believe

All Hudson has to do is end his 100 per cent losing record as a caretaker boss in the next two games and the job will be his ireckon.

I agree its Hudsons to lose.

2 heavy defeats and I dread to think who they will appoint.

If Hudson doesn't get it full time, I really have no idea who they'd go for.

What does everyone think Hudson needs to get from his first few matches (Burnley H, Blackburn H, Wigan A)? 4 points?

If he gets 4 from that he gets it I reckon.

No doubt in my mind, Hudson.
    Then Hudson's number two in 'x' amount of games.

How we get on against the Jacks might have an influence too, if he's still in charge then.

What a joke of a football club we all love

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a joke of a football club we all love
    Spot on

no inside track here but I honestly believe we'd have to get battered in the next two games for Hudson not to get it
    The bigger question for me is how long does he get before they press the panic button?

Its really not contentious. The bookies were way off with their initial odds. I said straight away something very very bad would have to happen for hudson not to get it and seems everyone on the same page now. Even 1 point from the 3 games could be enough i think. Only appointed to end of season though. He can have his extension towards the end of the season.

Hudson's job till the world cup at least I reckon. If he's doing well, back him with loans in January and give him til the end of the season.
    Next year would obviously depend on how he does in the 2nd half of the season.
    I'm not dead against giving Hudson a chance in the same way I wasn't with Morison.
    However, as a club, we need to start getting a fecking clue. We should be carrying a shortlist of at least 7 or 8 experienced manager options at all times.

As it stands, our shortlist probably contains nothing further than those who declare their interest or have done in the past.
    Even Warnock's appointment struck me as VT/Dalman hitting the panic button and going with the most popular fan choice.

I'd like to see a couple of proper football men on the board of directors to assist with staff appointments. The lack of football knowledge amongst the businessmen running our club, at times, is not only glaringly obvious, but also looks embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I think it will be Hudson. We have a fair number of home games and if he grabs a few results? Only thing is, SM could have probably achieved just as much in that time frame. When we are 15th next November they will probably appoint, I dunno, Gavin Chesterfield.

A long term strategy based on someone like Nathan Jones is probably too much to ask.
    Joking aside i do think gavin Chesterfield will be first team manager at some stage. Bookmark this!

Was Mark Hudson a Morison pick as first team coach, or did he just say he was happy with the appointment?

I may be misremembering but I thought someone else at the club brought him in (maybe with half an eye on succession when Morison was shown the door) and he was imposed on the manager?

If that is right the chances of Hudson getting the job go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Its really not contentious. The bookies were way off with their initial odds. I said straight away something very very bad would have to happen for hudson not to get it and seems everyone on the same page now. Even 1 point from the 3 games could be enough i think. Only appointed to end of season though. He can have his extension towards the end of the season.
    You’re joking right?
    If he wins a game we need to tie him down with a 3 year contract surely

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Was Mark Hudson a Morison pick as first team coach, or did he just say he was happy with the appointment?

I may be misremembering but I thought someone else at the club brought him in (maybe with half an eye on succession when Morison was shown the door) and he was imposed on the manager?

If that is right the chances of Hudson getting the job go up.
    It's very likely he was pushed on Morison.
    I never got the impression he was Morison's choice, and they've never really mentioned each other publicly as far as I'm aware...
    It may very well be that something happened with Morison very early on when he took on the first team. The more you think about it, the more you do start to wonder whether the board had quickly decided they'd made a mistake.

Hudson until we get stuffed by Swansea.

Who knows… maybe there was a cunning plan all along - bring in Hudson as the next in line, only it’s happened sooner than expected.
    Interesting to note that it was Ramasut, not Hudson, who was the Assistant Manager when Morison was at the helm, so why has Hudson leapfrogged him?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Interesting to note that it was Ramasut, not Hudson, who was the Assistant Manager when Morison was at the helm, so why has Hudson leapfrogged him?
    Could just be that Hudson's a Tan favourite of something, Tan was here when Hudson played for us, they're probably quite well acquainted.
    Huds might have put himself forward at some point.