+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff Council considers collecting black bin bags every three weeks to improve recycling rates

Re: Cardiff Council considers collecting black bin bags every three weeks to improve recycling rates

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not a nightmare for us but not as frequent a collection service as a few years back. At least we have bins for everything not boxes or bags. Our black bin for general waste each fortnight is rarely half full. The others (monthly) do fill up but never to the top. Big families may struggle - as do students who have trouble with the whole idea of bins, waste, disposal, recycling and closing lids!
    Do you have the regular size wheelie bins or the skinny ones?

Re: Cardiff Council considers collecting black bin bags every three weeks to improve recycling rates

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Do you have the regular size wheelie bins or the skinny ones?
    The black (general waste), brown (bottles, cans, plastics) and green (garden) are the regular size - and we can get the monster bins which are 50% bigger if there is a good reason - but the blue (used to be a plastic box with elesticated plastic cover - for paper and cardboard) is the small/skinny size. That is the one that fills up and the excess goes into general waste.

For a small household like ours it works OK although we weren’t sure when the frequency was first reduced, then reduced again and again. At least we have all plastic bins, not bags that the dogs, cats, foxes and bears will shred and scatter around.

The weekly cycle is black - blue - black - brown - black - blue and so on with the green on a separate 4 weekly cycle for 6 months of the year.

Never a problem with the old coal fires, ashcart once a week I think they still refer to the the boys on the bin wagons as ‘being on the ashes’ with Cardiff Council.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Never a problem with the old coal fires, ashcart once a week I think they still refer to the the boys on the bin wagons as ‘being on the ashes’ with Cardiff Council.
    'Kin'ell Splotty, how old are you-104?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Don’t you remember the smell of the chimneys in the streets? Wasn’t all that long ago, that we all had coal fires.........oh, dear God it was about forty odd years ago, ice on the inside of the windows, coats on the bed over the itchy blankets......ah the good old days

Don’t you remember the smell of the chimneys in the streets? Wasn’t all that long ago, that we all had coal fires.........oh, dear God it was about forty odd years ago, ice on the inside of the windows, coats on the bed over the itchy blankets......ah the good old days
    My Nan had a coal fire, the coals would 'spit' and the carpet was ****ed

I swear he’s got a portrait of himself in the attic.

My Nan had a coal fire, the coals would 'spit' and the carpet was ****ed
    I mentioned this the other day, my old man worked at John Bland’s timber yard. No shortage of ‘sticks’ for the fire, dear God it used to like bonfire night every night, sparks flying everywhere. The fireside mat had more scorch marks than Oliver Reed’s underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It’s next to my Escalado

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Chimneys on fire you mean.
    And don't forget the lino...

I mentioned this the other day, my old man worked at John Bland’s timber yard. No shortage of ‘sticks’ for the fire, dear God it used to like bonfire night every night, sparks flying everywhere. The fireside mat had more scorch marks than Oliver Reed’s underpants.
    Ya, but what about a chunk of bread, put on a toasting fork and smothered with butter . Best days ever, kids these days will never taste that

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Chimneys on fire you mean.
    And don't forget the lino...
    Lino, Lino??? You posh fecker, we had oilcloth

Lino, Lino??? You posh fecker, we had oilcloth
    Do you call assistant refs 'oilcloths'?

International

Not enough binmen too many councillors, maybe some of these lot can help ?

https://cardiff.moderngov.co.uk/mgMe...dex.aspx?bcr=1

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not enough binmen too many councillors, maybe some of these lot can help ?

https://cardiff.moderngov.co.uk/mgMe...dex.aspx?bcr=1

Frigging hell, 79 of the little feckers

And still our streets look like shit

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Frigging hell, 79 of the little feckers

And still our streets look like shit
    Just increased in number too..

And 22 local authorities in Wales, although they don't all have that level of councillors.

Welsh local government set up is a shambles.