+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: WALES 0 - 1 POLAND. Match thread

FT: WALES 0 - 1 POLAND. Match thread

Sunday 25th September, ko 7:45pm @ Cardiff City Stadium

Must win game for Wales to avoid relegation from Nations League level A.

Re: WALES v POLAND. Match thread

OK, I’ll bite

Wales 2 Polski 1

Hate saying it about one of our own players, but I’m glad Mepham is suspended, as he’s an accident waiting to happen

Do we just need to win, or do we need to win by 2 to move ahead of Poland on goal difference or head to head or anything like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Do we just need to win, or do we need to win by 2 to move ahead of Poland on goal difference or head to head or anything like that?
    Just a win, our goal difference is -4, theirs is -7.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    That's good then. Thanks

Is this right? I've heard both now.

Also Norway's group has them above Serbia despite a worse GD.

I don't know why it can't be a simple GD decider if not. Not like they need to try and make the competition any more confusing.

Edit: I suppose it actually doesn't matter for us as we only lost by a goal to them I was thinking it was 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Is this right? I've heard both now.

Also Norway's group has them above Serbia despite a worse GD.

I don't know why it can't be a simple GD decider if not. Not like they need to try and make the competition any more confusing.

Edit: I suppose it actually doesn't matter for us as we only lost by a goal to them I was thinking it was 2.
    Ah not sure then mate, I assumed it would be straight goal difference to decide it.

Ah not sure then mate, I assumed it would be straight goal difference to decide it.
    But if we win by 1 our head to head goal difference is also the same so it would have to go on overall goal difference?

Would be ridiculous if we stayed up considering the group we had and the first 4 games were sandwiched around that Ukraine game!

Wales Online confirm it’s a win or bust (not that I trust them as a source of information)

Wales Online confirm it’s a win or bust (not that I trust them as a source of information)
    Hope this works
    https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/uefa...17d0271fa2266d

Quote Originally Posted by PaulWent76 View Post
    It works…we just need any win.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    It works…we just need any win.
    Hopefully we can get it. Poland will obviously be more physical than us so we need to put them under pressure from the off.
    Nice to have a good match to watch this evening, fingers crossed we get the win.

I predict a comfortable win for Wales (provided it is fairly officiated)

So, what’s our team going to be?

Ward

Gunter
    Rodon
    Norrington-Davies

Roberts
    Williams

Smith
    Morello

Johnson
    Moore
    James

Think they’ll keep Bale on the bench and I hope I’ve forgotten someone in midfield.

Rabbi misses out again for the second this week. Not sure if we will see him in Qatar now with other players still to come back. I'm guessing his club form hasn't helped matters.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, what’s our team going to be?

Ward

Gunter
    Rodon
    Norrington-Davies

Roberts
    Williams

Smith
    Morello

Johnson
    Moore
    James

Think they’ll keep Bale on the bench and I hope I’ve forgotten someone in midfield.
    That's the worst Welsh side I've seen in recent memory. However, it will be a good test of our strength in depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Him and Tom Lawrence paying the price for dropping down in standard….just for the coin.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Him and Tom Lawrence paying the price for dropping down in standard….just for the coin.
    Tom Lawrence has been injured, but he may also have some issues with the Welsh manager? Rabbi can't even get in the Rangers match day squad, so his form must have dipped quite a bit.

Match facts

• Wales are without a win in four games (one draw, three defeats) for the first time since June 2017 (a run of five draws).
    • Wales are winless in their past two home games in all competitions (one draw, one defeat). Not since September 2013 under Chris Coleman have they gone three successive home fixtures without victory.
    • Thursday's defeat in Belgium means Wales have lost consecutive games for the first time since June 2021, when they were beaten by Italy and Denmark at Euro 2020.
    • Poland are winless in four matches since their opening Nations League victory over Wales in June.
    • Wales have lost each of their past five games against Poland - only against England, Sweden (both six) and the Netherlands (10) do they currently have a longer losing streak against an opponent.
    • Captain Robert Lewandowski is Poland's record scorer with 76 goals from 133 appearances.
    • Since Robert Page took over as manager in November 2020, only Gareth Bale (seven) has scored more goals for Wales than Kieffer Moore (six).

Difficult to see a win here with so many players missing.

No Ramsey, Brooks, Ampadu, Mepham, Wilson, Davies or Allen.

It'll be a tough game. We played well against Belgium mind, especially in the second half. Another performance of that calibre and having home advantage might be enough to sneak a 1-0 win. I don't think it'll be a high scoring affair.

how does a 3-0 drubbing sound?.. no seriously ..how would it sound?