+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Lawrenson raging against being dropped by BBC

Mark Lawrenson raging against being dropped by BBC

Mark Lawrenson is in the press stating that the reason the reason why the BBC are getting rid of him is because he is male, white & 65.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-a-white-male

Maybe the reason why he is dropped is because he is a useless co-commentator and pundit, who does not add anything new to the debate, is full of cliches and has been out of the game for too long.

Re: Mark Lawrenson raging against being dropped by BBC

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    Mark Lawrenson is in the press stating that the reason the reason why the BBC are getting rid of him is because he is male, white & 65.

Maybe the reason why he is dropped is because he is a useless co-commentator and pundit, who does not add anything new to the debate, is full of cliches and has been out of the game for too long.
    Couldn't agree more.
    I've never been a fan of Lawrenson. He really doesn't bring anything to the table in terms of punditry or commentary.
    Some of this old boys network need to realise they're being ousted because they're a bit shit and don't deserve their privileged jobs. No other reason.

He could well be right, he's not a box ticker to be a football pundit on TV these days.... apart from the box that asks "played for Liverpool?" of course!

Bye Lawro

He can go and play golf with Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson now instead of boring his audience with his dreary tone.

Old fart who hasn't been involved in the game since 1990. Games moved on you miserable shit

Person not good at his job gets fired. Imagine that.

Didn’t Robin Friday shit in his kitbag after getting sent off?

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Think it's bollocks, according to Lawrenson anyway, but I will forever believe it to be true because that's far more entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    No.

What a Snowflake.

Lawrence is a talentless soppy tart

Put him in a home

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Lawrence is a talentless soppy tart

Put him in a home
    Don't be blue, Lawro!

Good decision to get rid
    Hope shearer and Dion Dublin go next, bore me to tears

International

He should have been sacked years ago, absolutely useless pundit!

Just like Garth Crooks in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Just like Garth Crooks in fact.
    Definitely agree with that. Crooks is the dullest bore going

He's had a 30 year career as a pundit wit the BBC. I'd say that's pretty good going. If I was on a zero hour contract listening to him whinge I'd want to punch him in the face (violence is not the answer guys, I'm not proud of these dark thoughts).

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Definitely agree with that. Crooks is the dullest bore going
    He was worse. Absolutely shocking as less relevant than Lawrenson. He retired though, didn't he?

He got part of it right. He's old. I don't dislike the guy, but we all have to retire sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He got part of it right. He's old. I don't dislike the guy, but we all have to retire sometime.
    It sounds especially whiny for someone that played for Liverpool in the 80s. And has had a 30-year career on camera on mainstream TV. Sounds like Ratcliffe syndrome. Obviously can't get over the fact that his playing career ended the really big money came along.

Welcome to the world of woke ..

Tune into Andy Gray / Richard Keys on beIN Sports.

Cull has been going on for a while .

White ladies of age were under attack a few years ago ..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Nothing to do with that. He's been awful for years, he's retirement age, he commentates as if he's being held in the box against his will, and he's found a really convenient excuse which I'm amazed anyone has bought.

Ok, maybe not that amazed that you bought it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Now those two were shite, that Keys bloke really fancied himself, in his mind he was one of the lads, an ex pro. Thank God they’re condemned to the screen in bars in Benidorm & Tenerife with the sound turned down.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Nothing to do with that. He's been awful for years, he's retirement age, he commentates as if he's being held in the box against his will, and he's found a really convenient excuse which I'm amazed anyone has bought.

Ok, maybe not that amazed that you bought it
    All of this is fine of course if he is being replaced by someone significantly better.

I can recall (sadly!) when Hansen and Lawrenson joined the BBC. As a youngster, for me, they were a breath of fresh air after having to sit and watch Jimmy Hill and co for years, people that I'd just never heard of (I remember asking my Dad who they were and him explaining that they had been successful players from his past)

So maybe younger viewers feel the same now? My boys have asked me who Lawrenson is.

That said, are the people replacing them any better? Maybe they are, simply because they are more relevant to the younger viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    All of this is fine of course if he is being replaced by someone significantly better.

I can recall (sadly!) when Hansen and Lawrenson joined the BBC. As a youngster, for me, they were a breath of fresh air after having to sit and watch Jimmy Hill and co for years, people that I'd just never heard of (I remember asking my Dad who they were and him explaining that they had been successful players from his past)

So maybe younger viewers feel the same now? My boys have asked me who Lawrenson is.

That said, are the people replacing them any better? Maybe they are, simply because they are more relevant to the younger viewers.
    Someone like Micah Richards [Sky], a giggling buffoon who hasn't got a serious or sensible thought in his head.