+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morison speaks on SSN

Morison speaks on SSN

Re: Morison speaks on SSN

Can’t disagree with a word he said. I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career as a
    Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can’t disagree with a word he said. I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career as a
    Manager.
    Hes not going to shag you Simon

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Typical Morison, nothings ever my fault. **** him. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes not going to shag you Simon
    In that case, good riddance !

That doesn't look like someone who has just been the subject of a brutal sacking ?

Knowing me Vincent Tan
    Sacking you Steve Morison !

Manager.
    Can't see it happening myself

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Can't see it happening myself
    Me neither.
    He's clearly neglecting to tell the full story. The fact that the club made the statement they did, no thanks, no mutual decision etc, just speaks volumes.
    We have a history of generally releasing pleasant and polite statements when it comes to booting managers. This one was blunt and brutal.

He'll obviously never admit any wrong-doing, good luck with that.

Manager.
    But the words he said for the first 90 seconds we're about ifs butts and maybes. Had results gone how he just described them then he wouldn't have got sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Me neither.
    He's clearly neglecting to tell the full story. The fact that the club made the statement they did, no thanks, no mutual decision etc, just speaks volumes.
    We have a history of generally releasing pleasant and polite statements when it comes to booting managers. This one was blunt and brutal.

I've seen this written in a few places but it just isn't true.

if you go and read the actual statement the club put out it's got the standard level of politeness as any of our previous manager replacements.

we thank him for his work as manager and wish him the best in his future career etc.

Me neither.

Once again, making up a story full of supposition and innuendo to suit your own agenda. Its not clever, it just makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    But the words he said for the first 90 seconds we're about ifs butts and maybes. Had results gone how he just described them then he wouldn't have got sacked
    He was just making the point that football is about fine margins. We could (and should with the penalty) easily have got a point against Huddersfield, deserved a point against Luton at home and should have beaten Preston. Would he have been sacked then ? I doubt it very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Once again, making up a story full of supposition and innuendo to suit your own agenda. Its not clever, it just makes you look silly.
    If they released a further statement later then fair enough, I've genuinely not seen that.
    The initial statement was that he had been relieved of his duties I believe, that's what I read anyway. Very blunt and to the point.

If they released a further statement later then fair enough, I've genuinely not seen that.
    The initial statement was that he had been relieved of his duties I believe, that's what I read anyway. Very blunt and to the point.
    Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that First Team Manager Steve Morison has been relieved of his duties.
    We’d like to thank Steve for his efforts during his time at Cardiff City, stabilising the first team last season and helping to evolve our squad in line with the club’s philosophy this summer. We wish him the best for the future.

Mark Hudson will oversee first team affairs at this time, assisted by Tom Ramasut, whilst the Club considers options for the position.
    that was the statement.

The club made a mistake. He's not everyones's cup of tea. And allegedly he was a harsh on young players and their dad's didn't like it. I don't care. He turned the team around. We were going in the right direction and we were always going to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The club made a mistake. He's not everyones's cup of tea. And allegedly he was a harsh on young players and their dad's didn't like it. I don't care. He turned the team around. We were going in the right direction and we were always going to be safe.
    whether or not it was a mistake depends entirely on who we appoint next.
    if we get someone that kicks us on to the next level then it will have been a good decision, if we get Mick back then it will be terrible.
    I have little confidence in our ability to get it right, but let's see, maybe we will strike lucky.

it does feel that there is more of a structure in place these days that doesn't entirely rely on the manager, I'm sure Morison said things at times about bringing in players that the manager after him could continue the direction with, it's hard to imagine who it is that is setting that direction though

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He was just making the point that football is about fine margins. We could (and should with the penalty) easily have got a point against Huddersfield, deserved a point against Luton at home and should have beaten Preston. Would he have been sacked then ? I doubt it very much.
    That's exactly what i was saying. He'd not have been sacked with those extra points gained, however they weren't actually achieved so he was let go

Judging by the personality traits we saw in press conferences I think the fact he hasn’t come out guns blazing suggests he’s either at serious fault
    For something and doesn’t want to make much fuss or a decent payout to not really make any
    Comment.
    To me his comments there seem pretty cliched (results business etc) compared to his normal interviews

He's gone. Seriously, f*ck him.

Mick's gone, I don't give a sh*t what he has to say.
    We never hear from Neil Harris thank the gods.
    Warnock's another one, not interested.

We move on.

That's exactly what i was saying. He'd not have been sacked with those extra points gained, however they weren't actually achieved so he was let go
    same goes for pretty much every manager ever

I think he was using that to justify the reason he thinks be deserved more time, and I’d agree. It’s not like we’re a million miles away

Last 6 games
    W1
    D1
    L4
    4 points out of 18 is relegation form

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Last 6 games
    W1
    D1
    L4
    That’s a very black and white way of looking at it.

We’d made strides forward in the way we play and I’m confident we would have eventually come good and had a mid table finish.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Last 6 games
    W1
    D1
    L4
    Exactly.

That’s a very black and white way of looking at it.

We’d made strides forward in the way we play and I’m confident we would have eventually come good and had a mid table finish.
    I'm confident we would have been relegated to L1. The truth is, our thoughts don't matter, it's the results posted by older blue that matter so the black and white way of looking at it is essential when making a decision.