+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rob Edwards Sacked by Watford

Rob Edwards Sacked by Watford

Would he be an interesting choice for our next manager?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63034556

Re: Rob Edwards Sacked by Watford

Next time someone thinks we’re the worst run club in the EFL under Tan, I’d like to gently remind you Watford exist.

Did a great job at forest green and we won't have to pay compo

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Next time someone thinks we’re the worst run club in the EFL under Tan, I’d like to gently remind you Watford exist.
    Fair play to Watford. They do churn their managers. They make us look like amateurs!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    He had two great strikers, as soon as Matt Stephens got injured they struggled.

However I’d still give him a chance. Cardiff’s predominantly British based squad is far removed from Watford’s intercontinental squad.

I think Watford have taken their manager churn to another level but I do like that they don't get all teary-eyed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think Watford have taken their manager churn to another level but I do like that they don't get all teary-eyed about it.
    Their fans are probably weary of it.

I don't know who he is, what he has done, or what his philosophy is, but if he looks cool in a pair of white pumps (daps) is young, half good looking without trying, and can hold a Pensive facial expression for longer than three seconds after the wing back has sliced the ball in to his own net, then he's the man for me!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Their fans are probably weary of it.
    I agree. Everyone's weary of it but they'll find another one. There are plenty of managers out there willing to prostitute themselves at Watford. It's the same for us when people say 'nobody'll want to come here'. Yeah they will.

I agree. Everyone's weary of it but they'll find another one. There are plenty of managers out there willing to prostitute themselves at Watford. It's the same for us when people say 'nobody'll want to come here'. Yeah they will.
    Are you crazy? No manager in their right mind would take a two year contract at City, believed to be in the region or close to 2 million gross over the course of the contract. Pie in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you crazy? No manager in their right mind would take a two year contract at City, believed to be in the region or close to 2 million gross over the course of the contract. Pie in the sky!
    I wouldn't mind a slice of that pie!

I wouldn't mind a slice of that pie!
    Apply for the job, i'd like nothing more than to see you throwing a water bottle at Wintle while calling him a ****.

Apply for the job, i'd like nothing more than to see you throwing a water bottle at Wintle while calling him a ****.
    I'm off to Watford mate. More money. Plus they've got sparkling water with a hint of peach. Shake those f*ckers up, then straight in the face of the 4th official, red card, banished to the stand and play Angry Birds for the rest of the gig while Pedro does all the leg work. Cushty.

I'm off to Watford mate. More money. Plus they've got sparkling water with a hint of peach. Shake those f*ckers up, then straight in the face of the 4th official, red card, banished to the stand and play Angry Birds for the rest of the gig while Pedro does all the leg work. Cushty.
    Sounds good, Pedro will shake them up, he'll play a 1-1-8 formation, my kind of football.

I quite like the sound of Edwards. He’s supposed to play a progressive brand of football, has experience of gaining promotion (albeit from League 2, but left Watford 1 point outside the play-off position), ticks the Welsh box for those that are interested and there’d be no compensation. ✅

Sounds good, Pedro will shake them up, he'll play a 1-1-8 formation, my kind of football.
    Thiago Motta played a 2-7-2 didn’t he? And curiously counts the keeper in the 7. Let’s give it a go

I quite like the sound of Edwards. He’s supposed to play a progressive brand of football, has experience of gaining promotion (albeit from League 2, but left Watford 1 point outside the play-off position), ticks the Welsh box for those that are interested and there’d be no compensation. ✅
    There are certainly worse people in the betting than him. Certainly take him over Hudson and especially Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    There are certainly worse people in the betting than him. Certainly take him over Hudson and especially Bamba
    I agree. Sounds like the man for the job, if you ask me. Sign him up, Vinnie!

Some Watford fans seem to judge Edwards's time at Vicarage Road the same way way some see Morison's time here. Basically: outplayed, dodgy tactics, shite substitutions and couldn't score.

No idea how true that all is, but some fans aren't unhappy to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    He did a bit of a shitty thing to them though so I wouldn't want him here based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    He did a bit of a shitty thing to them though so I wouldn't want him here based on that.
    Had a clause in his contract which allowed him to talk to other clubs and leave whenever apparently. I'd agree the way he went about it in not even telling FGR wasn't good.

To be fair though managers get dropped very quickly, at some clubs more than others it seems. I'm sure FGR wouldn't have given him a lot of notice of such a decision if it was theirs.

I know very little about him, did FGR play a bit whilst he was there?

I still think there are better options out there with Championship experience, Dyche would be brilliant but highly unlikely, Nathan Jones or Corberan? ideal

Would he be an interesting choice for our next manager?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63034556
    if Hudson beats Burnley he's got a two year contract guaranteed with this bunch of clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Had a clause in his contract which allowed him to talk to other clubs and leave whenever apparently. I'd agree the way he went about it in not even telling FGR wasn't good.

To be fair though managers get dropped very quickly, at some clubs more than others it seems. I'm sure FGR wouldn't have given him a lot of notice of such a decision if it was theirs.

I know very little about him, did FGR play a bit whilst he was there?
    The owner Dale Vince is very patient so would have stuck by him if results were going bad, as he is with the current manager.

In answer to your question, yes they played some good football in all fairness, sometimes even at Championship quality. Quite similar to what Luton were like a few years ago.