+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Letters of no confidence in Liz Truss

First Team

Re: Letters of no confidence in Liz Truss

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I didn't say everything was rosy. In fact that is the literal opposite of what I said. I said we all need to look to other countries too. And we do..if we have any desire to understand what is going on anyway.
    Look at your own evidence. You're misrepresenting things. Bond yields over the last week/month for UK 10Y Gilts have increased by the same % as only one other country.

Care to name the country? Yes, folks, it's Russia.

Jimbo, what are Germany's, Spain's, France's, Holland's, Belgium's, Denmark's current 10Y bond yields? Yes, folks they are mostly at most one half of the UK's.

There's a reason for all this - the loose fiscal policy operated to benefit the wealthy.

Brexit was fruitcake, Trussonomics is the cherry on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    “The week in Tory”.

Please make it stop.

https://twitter.com/russincheshire/s...o8iUJepmuqYP7w
    I really enjoyed that, very very good 😊👍

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Look at your own evidence. You're misrepresenting things. Bond yields over the last week/month for UK 10Y Gilts have increased by the same % as only one other country.

Jimbo, what are Germany's, Spain's, France's, Holland's, Belgium's, Denmark's current 10Y bond yields? Yes, folks they are mostly at most one half of the UK's.

There's a reason for all this - the loose fiscal policy operated to benefit the wealthy.

Trussonomics was the sole reason for Brexit as designed by its architects. It was right wing suzerainty by stealth.

It's his fall back every single time. He takes a snippet of data from a very short time period, lies about it and then says 'Look! They're doing as badly as us'!

Or he just argues against things you haven't said.

Trends aren't old jimmies strong point.

Yes AZ, but I was responding to a most about Bonds, Currencies and Stockmarkets. There are of course numerous other factors to look at too.

Like I said, no one is saying that the UK is in a great place. But my point is nowhere is. All European currencies are well down against the dollar except the Ruble. All major European stockmarkets are well down year on year pretty much except the FTSE.

There is no single measurement of an economy or economic wellbeing, as you well know.

First Team

Yes AZ, but I was responding to a most about Bonds, Currencies and Stockmarkets. There are of course numerous other factors to look at too.

Like I said, no one is saying that the UK is in a great place. But my point is nowhere is. All European currencies are well down against the dollar except the Ruble. All major European stockmarkets are well down year on year pretty much except the FTSE.

There is no single measurement of an economy or economic wellbeing, as you well know.
    You're engaging in a classic piece of shithouse whataboutery as a defence for an immoral piece of Tory theft from the poor.

You're engaging in a classic piece of shithouse whataboutery as a defence for an immoral piece of Tory theft from the poor.
    Sorry, I thought we were talking about bonds, currencies and the stock exchange. I'm not sure anything I've said there is a defence of anything nor does it reference anyone, poor or otherwise. Bizarre

Bank of England's indicating it'll do whatever is necessary with the base rate to combat inflation.

I see the benchmark US 10-year Treasury yield is closing in on 4%. Their Fed predicts it will hit 4.25% in December, but that might be reality by tomorrow's end should investors rush to its perceived safety at today's pace.

Meanwhile in Turkey, whose president is either a bona fide loon or pretending to be one, has ordered a cut in their interest rate to combat rising inflation (!). Officially it's currently at 80% though independent analysts estimate their real inflation rate is between 150%-180%

Turkey’s central bank makes big rate cut amid 80% inflation - https://apnews.com/article/inflation...a1818f11d13a8b

This is from the World Government Summit 2022. Sounds a trifle globalist to me.

The ability to track every transaction would be their wet dream come true. Do they get there by burning the current system to the ground? Ordo ab Chao.

And in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Belgium....all of whom are down 10-20% year on year....?

Like I said...I'm not saying any of this is good. I'm saying context is needed. To a greater or lesser extent these are Europe wide problems, and the big story is the incredible strength of the dollar, at 30-40 year highs against numerous currencies.
    oh yes...but you got truss and a useless bunch of lying wankers to try to get you out of the quagmire.

International

Partly, but it doesn't tell the full story, which is that it applies for pretty much every European country.

Bonds
    https://tradingeconomics.com/bonds

Currencies:
    Year on year, the dollar gains against the Yen, the Swedish Krona, The Norwegian Krone, Danish Krone are all greater than the Pound.. Euro has fallen about a fifth, as has the pound. Basically every European currency is massively down against the dollar.....the exception? The Russian Ruble.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/currencies

Stock Market:

The FTSE 100 is pretty much the most stable stock market in the world at the moment. Loads are down 10-20% year on year...FTSE is stable.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/stocks
    https://tradingeconomics.com/currencies

This doesn't mean this is good news for the UK, it isn't, but it's essentially the same issue everywhere; Serious energy crisis, Massive uncertainty, high inflation, devalued currencies.
    The FTSE 100 is pretty much the most stable stock market in the world at the moment. Loads are down 10-20% year on year...FTSE is stable.

It hardly moves in either direction, it's full of banks and energy companies, so was unlikely to move too much.

Footsie all share is down over 1 and 3 years although they have been a tough three with Brexit, covid and Ukraine and energy crisis.

You are correct about the pound, everything is struggling against the dollar, the Worlds most used trading currency has a factor in that.