+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can people be taken in by this crap?

Re: How can people be taken in by this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I thought Starmer gave a good speech. He isn't a natural orator (indeed, both major parties have their worst natural speakers for some time) but the content was good. Fair, moderate, no rowing back on Brexit, no deals with SNP, recognises things aren't easy, realistic, etc etc. Lots of questions remain, but it was a good speech and he comes across as a likeable person too.

I probably had about a 1% chance of voting for labour under Corbyn, but I would be much more likely to vote Labour under Starmer.
    https://www.trilateral.org/people/sir-keir-starmer/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Even if we assume that your take on things is right, there is definitely “clear blue water” between between Labour and Conservatives when it comes to domestic policy and, even if you’re not happy with that, it’s what the majority of voters in this country care about most.
    I caught some of Starmer's speech on the radio. Business, business, business, home ownership, fiscal prudence ... Based on that, he's more right wing than Boris Johnson. I'd vote for him [not that I've voted for 30 yrs] based on that !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    She would be a far more effective leader than starmer as would Rachel Reeves .
    Based on what?

I thought Starmer gave a good speech. He isn't a natural orator (indeed, both major parties have their worst natural speakers for some time) but the content was good. Fair, moderate, no rowing back on Brexit, no deals with SNP, recognises things aren't easy, realistic, etc etc. Lots of questions remain, but it was a good speech and he comes across as a likeable person too.

I probably had about a 1% chance of voting for labour under Corbyn, but I would be much more likely to vote Labour under Starmer.
    He's getting better at public speaking, his delivery was pretty good today and the room was well choreographed. I think there were crumbs for everybody in that speech which was by design.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I know you don’t rate Starmer but you should listen to him more attentively. He’s certainly doing well as we speak.
    Whatever the frustrations with him we have to back him to get rid of these bandits.
    I agree I just worry the far left will raise their heads and screw things up for him as I don't think , unlike Blair , that he has the ability to deal with them . For me he tries too hard and doesn't seem to be formidable in dealing with the Tories. Brown , Milliband, Corbyn and now Starmer ......4 lightweight leaders in a row now . And at this time we have brexit , the decline of the labour vote in Scotland and the poor showing of the liberals in marginal tory seats ......its a lot to overcome

I personally think at best we will see a small majority labour government .

Hope they prove me wrong though .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Based on what?
    He's not a natural speaker and regularly fails to deliver the punch .

I am amazed he rose to the top of the legal world , he's like an excited 6th form politics student .

He's the best we have which doesn't say a lot but there you go .

I'll say another thing too: I like how he doesn't f**k about on stuff like this. Rupa Huqs comments on Kwasi Kwarteng are genuinely the most racist I have heard a British MP say in many a year. Story exposed a few hours ago..whip removed now.
    https://order-order.com/2022/09/27/b...ty-loses-whip/
    Pretty naive from her. I think the fairer point to make is that he has less in common/faces less common struggles with a poor black person than a poor white person does. That is precisely why you don't even need to mention colour, he's privileged, just like any other person who goes to Eton. In fairness to Kwasi I haven't heard him try to paint himself as anything other, might be wrong on that though.

Pretty naive from her. I think the fairer point to make is that he has less in common/faces less common struggles with a poor black person than a poor white person does. That is precisely why you don't even need to mention colour, he's privileged, just like any other person who goes to Eton. In fairness to Kwasi I haven't heard him try to paint himself as anything other, might be wrong on that though.
    If Labour can suspend someone for obsessing over skin colour whilst playing identity politics, confirm no deals with the SNP and commit to Brexit in one afternoon then jesus, show me the membership form.

He's a rich kid who went to public school , Eton and hanged round with similar people ..hes a product of the system . He speaks like a posh git because that's exactly what he is . It's got nothing to do with his colour.

Sadly dull people like her will always put their foot in it , hopefully she is on the naughty step now 😉

International

I think if labour had a strong leader with a bit of steel , like Lisa nandy , they would be in a far stronger position .

Starmer just isn't a leader in my view , I cringe every time he speaks , considering his career as a top lawyer he just seems lightweight like milliband was

That being said labour seem to be on the rise which is great to see after Boris doing whatever he wants and the Tories remaining high in the polls ��

I like Lynch but I hope the left wing of the party keep schtum until labour hopefully get a working majority at the next election and everyone can pull together to keep the Tories out .

Starmer needs to take on the torch of proportional representation and the liberals need to get sharp because if they do the third party can side with labour to keep the blue bastards out of the picture .

I am not really pro labour anymore , I am anti tory and would vote liberal if it kept them out . I remember at the last election having a chat with a local shopkeeper who was standing for the liberals . We had a good talk and I would have voted for her if I had needed to in order to fight the Tories.

I could never gossip away with a tory I am afraid , they are different people .

I think this sway to labour is down to the Tories being so poor rather than labour and starmer winning people over . But it is what it is , hopefully labour can use this period to get a foot through the door ��
    Lisa Nandy shes worse than Truss

He's a rich kid who went to public school , Eton and hanged round with similar people ..hes a product of the system . He speaks like a posh git because that's exactly what he is . It's got nothing to do with his colour.

Sadly dull people like her will always put their foot in it , hopefully she is on the naughty step now ��
    Naive ? Dull ? I'd say the comment was racist.

Agreed, apparently this Cabinet has a higher proportion of privately educated members than any other of recent times - attack them as being out of touch.

What was the context of the comment? If she was responding to the Tories claiming to have the most diverse Cabinet in history based on gender and race (they have made that claim elsewhere and it has been widely echoed) then it is right to say that skin colour and type of genitals is way less significant than social and economic background.

It is a Cabinet of privilege and money. Some members may look like the most disadvantaged sections of UK society, but they share very little with the majority when it comes to experience or outlook.

But to use a version of the 'choc ice' slur is stupid and probably racist - common street language 30-40 years ago but rightly not any more.

For James, of course, it is the most racist comment he has heard from a British MP in many a year. Really? I am not surprised by that but I'll give you a starter for 1: Boris Johnson (any one of this Greatest Racist Hits).

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Naive ? Dull ? I'd say the comment was racist.
    Well phone the police then

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What was the context of the comment? If she was responding to the Tories claiming to have the most diverse Cabinet in history based on gender and race (they have made that claim elsewhere and it has been widely echoed) then it is right to say that skin colour and type of genitals is way less significant than social and economic background.

It is a Cabinet of privilege and money. Some members may look like the most disadvantaged sections of UK society, but they share very little with the majority when it comes to experience or outlook.

But to use a version of the 'choc ice' slur is stupid and probably racist - common street language 30-40 years ago but rightly not any more.

For James, of course, it is the most racist comment he has heard from a British MP in many a year. Really? I am not surprised by that but I'll give you a starter for 1: Boris Johnson (any one of this Greatest Racist Hits).
    Norman Tebbit

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Lisa Nandy shes worse than Truss
    Only a tory could defend Truss

Borrowing billions to pad energy companies' already bulging profits hasn't impressed the markets. More of the same to pay for tax cuts is almost as lunatic.

Doing similar to fund adequate pay rises for former essential workers in the NHS, police, etc, is a big no no though because that would be inflationary, it's claimed. They can bugger off to their nearest food bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Aye, the only MP out of 650 who's a Trilateral Commission member.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Aye, the only MP out of 650 who's a Trilateral Commission member.
    He reads a speech that somebody wrote for him and everybody want's him to be prime minister

This is the reason why the Labour Party under Blair had a reputation for party discipline

I can't believe on the day starmer appears to have made a good speech that this daft bitch has spouted off and given the Tories a chance to deflect away from their idiotic financial plans and talk about labour party racism .

You stupid stupid dull bitch .

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He reads a speech that somebody wrote for him and everybody want's him to be prime minister
    Are you a fecking tory ? 🤔

Are you a fecking tory ? 樂
    Maybe you should check out who he serves, and it's nobody on here.

All timed by the media to that end, but in my opinion the way starmer has dealt with it has shown clear quick leadership.
    In comparison to how boris would have dealt with it…
    Or dare I say it Corbyn

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    All timed by the media to that end, but in my opinion the way starmer has dealt with it has shown clear quick leadership.
    In comparison to how boris would have dealt with it…
    Or dare I say it Corbyn
    Take her out in the field and shoot her .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Nope, I have never heard anything as overtly racist from an MP as claiming that black people are so downtrodden that if someone is successful, benefitted from a good upbringing or has a good job etc, then they cannot be black. It's awful. There is no hint of 'banter' there. Rightly suspended and she has rightly apologised directly to Kwasi Kwarteng.