+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can people be taken in by this crap?

Re: How can people be taken in by this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Nope, I have never heard anything as overtly racist from an MP as claiming that black people are so downtrodden that if someone is successful, benefitted from a good upbringing or has a good job etc, then they cannot be black. It's awful. There is no hint of 'banter' there. Rightly suspended and she has rightly apologised directly to Kwasi Kwarteng.
    Quite a statement
    You wouldn’t put calling Muslim women bank robbers and letterboxes on a par?

I had a watermelon smile to myself reading that

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Quite a statement
    You wouldn’t put calling Muslim women bank robbers and letterboxes on a par?

I had a watermelon smile to myself reading that
    Grubby topic, and as bad as they are, but no. I think what she has done is to basically say black people have a place. At the bottom, and if you rise above it, you can't be black.

She's rightly apologised.

Grubby topic, and as bad as they are, but no. I think what she has done is to basically say black people have a place. At the bottom, and if you rise above it, you can't be black.

I think the daft cow is saying black people can't be Tories

I can't think of anything worse than sucking up to the conservative party but his colour or that of say saeed javid should not prevent them from doing what they wish or having the political views they wish

It's racist and it's mind control I would throw her out of the party . If labour want to win over floating voters we have to come down hard on this .

Boris Johnson is a definite racist .

[QUOTE=JamesWales;5349153]Grubby topic, and as bad as they are, but no. I think what she has done is to basically say black people have a place. At the bottom, and if you rise above it, you can't be black.

I fully agree she was right to apologise and it was right she has been suspended. To say it was the most racist thing any mp has said when you’ve had the previous pm coming out with various corkers is a stretch though

[QUOTE=superfeathers;5349159]

I fully agree she was right to apologise and it was right she has been suspended. To say it was the most racist thing any mp has said when you’ve had the previous pm coming out with various corkers is a stretch though
    Perhaps. I can explain my rationale but we would just end up arguing all night. In short though, whilst making fun of a group of peoples appearance is wrong and racist (we talked at length about this on the 'gammon debate' recently) I think insinuating that a black man cannot be 'successful' and black contains within it far more dangerous and divisive ideas. I have long rallied against the kind of thinking that leads to her saying that, which comes from a different angle from 'traditional racism' but is equally dangerous and I'd argue more prevalent now.

Anyway people say stupid things and she's apologised so thats good.

I like this take on it from Ryan Long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg

Can’t disagree with that. Anyway party’s aside this stuff isn’t ok and they’ve got the right outcome quickly

[QUOTE=JamesWales;5349163]

Perhaps. I can explain my rationale but we would just end up arguing all night. In short though, whilst making fun of someones appearance is wrong and racist (we talked at length about this on the 'gammon debate' recently) I think insinuating that a black man cannot be 'successful' and black contains within it far more dangerous and divisive ideas. I have long rallied against the kind of thinking that leads to her saying that, which comes from a different angle from 'traditional racism' but is equally dangerous and I'd argue more prevalent now.

Anyway people say stupid things and she's apologised so thats good.

I like this take on it from Ryan Long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg
    I think students can be a bit .....woke .....if that's the term right wing people use for what I would call trendy middle class white rastas

They act all concerned and aware but after the summer term ends they feck off to crete shagging

Can’t disagree with that. Anyway party’s aside this stuff isn’t ok and they’ve got the right outcome quickly
    Yes I've been impressed how quickly Starmer moved, and I do hope she keeps her job having apologised and the kind of thinking that led to it is challenged more.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5349167]

I think students can be a bit .....woke .....if that's the term right wing people use for what I would call trendy middle class white rastas

They act all concerned and aware but after the summer term ends they feck off to crete shagging
    The problem with the "middle classes" is that they're thick as fecking pig-shit.
    They're afraid of being considered working class, or poor. So they fall for the Tory bullshit like sheep in their droves.
    Not realising that the Tories will never actually look after them any more than they do the poor.

The thick and ignorant middle class posh/rich wannabes, are the reason this country is on it's knees.
    Ignorance is bliss innit.

Yes I've been impressed how quickly Starmer moved, and I do hope she keeps her job having apologised and the kind of thinking that led to it is challenged more.
    I don't, get rid of her , dozy bitch

[QUOTE=Ninja;5349173]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The problem with the "middle classes" is that they're thick as fecking pig-shit.
    They're afraid of being considered working class, or poor. So they fall for the Tory bullshit like sheep in their droves.
    Not realising that the Tories will never actually look after them any more than they do the poor.

The thick and ignorant middle class posh/rich wannabes, are the reason this country is on it's knees.
    Ignorance is bliss innit.
    I like the inbetweeners 2 when briefcase goes up to that poncey twat with his stupid white dreads and calls him a cnut who will end up working for his dad's investment bank

Damage done now , stupid bitch

Interview between a labour minister on news night more about the racist jibes than starmers speech . I hate the labour fringe luvvies .

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5349186]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post

I like the inbetweeners 2 when briefcase goes up to that poncey twat with his stupid white dreads and calls him a cnut who will end up working for his dad's investment bank

I'm beginning to wonder whether the word "clueless" was invented specifically for middle class twats.

No I don't see her comments like that. I think she is saying 'real' black people start at the bottom, they can rise up and that should be celebrated. But because he sounds posh and got a leg up he isn't 'really black'.