+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of reroofing semi in Cardiff?.

Re: Cost of reroofing semi in Cardiff?.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Surely you’d only need to use them once if they’re any good?
    He may have more than one property or contract work out to them

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    How crap is your roof
    This seems the opposite of a recommendation
    For different houses u nutter…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Scaffolders….now they are something else
    There are two scaffolding firms near me. One is great, one is rubbish. They're poles apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There are two scaffolding firms near me. One is great, one is rubbish. They're poles apart.
    😀

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I own a semi-detached in Cardiff, and had my roof done about five or six years ago - it cost me around £6500, if I remember correctly. That included scaffolding, plus some work on the chimney stack.
    If you can get your neighbour to do his at the same time you can normally get a grand knocked off each

For different houses u nutter…..
    Couldn’t resist 😂

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Couldn’t resist ��
    MacAdder warned the likes of you in this thread’s second post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, my mistake. He could get it for £100 per m2, just depends on how busy people are etc I'm a plasterer, probably the dullest amongst the trades
    At least you're indoors. I saw a few blokes doing a flat roof in Manhattan a couple of months back. 38C according to meteorologists, and they were working in direct sunlight. It must have been at least 50C up there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    At least you're indoors. I saw a few blokes doing a flat roof in Manhattan a couple of months back. 38C according to meteorologists, and they were working in direct sunlight. It must have been at least 50C up there.
    Couldn't work in that weather, the stuff would set in minutes. Do plenty of outside work, rendering, monocouche etc.

Couldn't work in that weather, the stuff would set in minutes. Do plenty of outside work, rendering, monocouche etc.
    You still do outside rendering?

You still do outside rendering?
    Try no to! I'm an old man in plastering terms, my shoulders are ****ed, my fingers on my left hand have taken the shape and form of a trowel handle,. Basically, I'm ****ed!

International

Call Theakers. A Fairwater guy now living in Radyr, he is first class and honest. Call 07973 684 985 and ask for 'stinky'

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Call Theakers. A Fairwater guy now living in Radyr, he is first class and honest. Call 07973 684 985 and ask for 'stinky'
    If this the phone number of someone who recently crossed you, I have nothing but admiration for your sense of revenge.

Try no to! I'm an old man in plastering terms, my shoulders are ****ed, my fingers on my left hand have taken the shape and form of a trowel handle,. Basically, I'm ****ed!
    I know you told me before, it’s a young man’s game plastering, rendering is another level. Still got that house in Pembrokeshire to do, git more chance of pep becoming our manager than finding a Renderer down that way…..

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If this the phone number of someone who recently crossed you, I have nothing but admiration for your sense of revenge.
    Hehe, could be but actually it's quite genuine, and that really is his nickname. He's a nice guy. (and he doesn't )

Work on about £150 per mtr2 could be as high as 200. Also, depending on your property age, there could be some remedial works with your rafters, ridge board, soffit, etc.get it all written down.
    At the moment, the costs for such work is going throught the.............

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    With so many cowboy tradesmen around, his honesty must a breath of fresh air.