+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy isn't a Cardiff City fan...

Craig Bellamy isn't a Cardiff City fan...

... according to Connor Roberts (according to the Burnley Express) https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...ty-fan-3860461

Re: Craig Bellamy isn't a Cardiff City fan...

Can we believe anything a CHEAT says

Edit, I haven’t bothered opening the link, as it’s all bollox

Always well known

Non story. Always been known he’s a Liverpool fan I thought. And he may not be a Cardiff City Football Club fan, but he’s definitely a fan of Cardiff as in the city, and the people. That’s all that matters really.

Never really buy players as fans anyway. They know as much about what it’s like to be a fan, as we know about what it’s like to be professional footballers.

Always thought he was a Liverpool fan who sort of looked out for our scores.

Twice joined us though and did coach for a bit so I'm sure he cares a bit but he won't on Saturday, we can guess that Connor.

Another Jack with a Cardiff chip on his shoulder.

Someone will dig it up, the photograph of the big smile on his face, when Ben Turner scores against Liverpool at Wembley.

And he’s on the pitch, playing for Liverpool

He’s a mercenary Scouser that piggy backed on our club for his own gain.

He's about as much a Cardiff City fan as Gareth Bale

Cardiff born but no real interest in their hometown club

They were both away and playing for other clubs at a young age , it happens

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post

They are all mercenaries . If they weren't footballers they would greedy capitalist pigs ,up there with the bankers

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Someone will dig it up, the photograph of the big smile on his face, when Ben Turner scores against Liverpool at Wembley.

And he’s on the pitch, playing for Liverpool
    bellers.jpg

I read an interview with him where he talked about this he said, Cardiff had given so much that he was pleased when they scored

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

They are all mercenaries . If they weren't footballers they would greedy capitalist pigs ,up there with the bankers
    Imagine feeling this negatively about a group of people and still spending your life and your own money supporting them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's about as much a Cardiff City fan as Gareth Bale

Cardiff born but no real interest in their hometown club

They were both away and playing for other clubs at a young age , it happens
    Craig Bellamy had such little interest in his hometown club that he twice dropped down a division to play for us.

Didn't he leave us to join Liverpool after his first spell? Pretty sure he stated he couldn't refuse rejoining his boyhood club then

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Non story. Always been known he’s a Liverpool fan I thought. And he may not be a Cardiff City Football Club fan, but he’s definitely a fan of Cardiff as in the city, and the people. That’s all that matters really.

Never really buy players as fans anyway. They know as much about what it’s like to be a fan, as we know about what it’s like to be professional footballers.
    Exactly but Roberts decides it is important enough to bring up in his interview - what a knob and will just lead to increased hostility to him on Saturday - why drag Bellamy into it when it was no secret anyway?? Type of person you wouldn't want in the trenches with you

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    bellers.jpg

I read an interview with him where he talked about this he said, Cardiff had given so much that he was pleased when they scored
    He probably wasn’t growing up like 1000’s of others in South Wales in the 80’s as we were so bad. No doubt the club has grown on him by playing for us and realising the importance of your roots. Conor Roberts always struck me as a right JB who surprisingly I don’t rate at all

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another Jack with a Cardiff chip on his shoulder.
    Impressive how they maintain the chip on their shoulder even after going on to become professional footballers. I remember Joe Rodon going on about how Cardiff couldn't "claim" Gareth Bale, despite Bale being born and raised in Cardiff!

Bellamy has a clear affinity for the city and I don't really understand the "mercenary" complaints in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I think if he wasn't a footballer craig bellamy would be more likely to be in prison than up there with the bankers

but back to the post, footballers do this for a living and move away from cardiff early in life, they won't have the same affinity with their hometown club that we do.

Funny though that after meeting Bellamy the first thought in this jacks mind was to use it as a negative towards cardiff. Talk about an inferiority complex

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post

Don’t agree with this at all. Many players who join their local club from school have been known to actually stand on the terraces and support the team prior to joining. Why wouldn't they know what it is like to be a fan ? That is why players coming to the end of their careers quite often end up at their hometown club.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Didn't he leave us to join Liverpool after his first spell? Pretty sure he stated he couldn't refuse rejoining his boyhood club then
    He was on loan here from Man City so didn't ‘leave’ us. He went back at the end if the loan. He was due to come back but Liverpool stepped in and offered him another crack at the Prem. Why wouldn't he join them in those circumstances ?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Craig Bellamy had such little interest in his hometown club that he twice dropped down a division to play for us.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Utter rubbish. What did he gain ? Left Man City to come here on loan, then left Liverpool to come here on contract. Do you think we were paying him as much as them !! The only gainers were Cardiff City - we went up with him here the second time.

He is a Liverpool fan ( as loads of welsh people his age are ), its not a secret, but the 1st result ( after Liverpools ) he looks for is ours

his autobiography is a great read, a fascinating character and one that sums up the mindset of elite sportspeople and how it can often go too far

He didnt need to come back to Cardiff the 2nd time, the 1st worked well for him and his family, the 2nd time was to try and finish the job and get us promoted

He is a city fan to me

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He was on loan here from Man City so didn't ‘leave’ us. He went back at the end if the loan. He was due to come back but Liverpool stepped in and offered him another crack at the Prem. Why wouldn't he join them in those circumstances ?
    I wasn't knocking him for going I was just using that as an example of him telling everyone he supported Liverpool

International

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    ... according to Connor Roberts (according to the Burnley Express) https://www.burnleyexpress.net/sport...ty-fan-3860461
    Maybe not but he celebrated when he scored for us and spends most of his time here!