+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy isn't a Cardiff City fan...

Re: Craig Bellamy isn't a Cardiff City fan...

This is such a non story, he's just making a joke and saying he was relieved to find out that his boss wasn't a proper Cardiff City fan because he'd get loads of shit if he was. It's not Roberts being OBSESSED with or SLATING Cardiff.

Also a Welsh fan friend of a friend lost his wife recently and Roberts found out and got in touch with him via Twitter private message to send his condolences and a supportive message which says a lot more about his character than if he's a bit of a shithouse on the pitch or doesn't like Cardiff because he's a Swansea fan

Connor Roberts is a knob and a liability.
    I'd genuinely rather Gunter play for Wales over him.

What a great idea to stoke Cardiff Swansea rivalries just before the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

They are all mercenaries . If they weren't footballers they would greedy capitalist pigs ,up there with the bankers
    Yes, I'm sure that the majority of these guys, most without a GCSE to their name, would walk into jobs at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan if football went tits up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Connor Roberts is a knob and a liability.
    I'd genuinely rather Gunter play for Wales over him.

What a great idea to stoke Cardiff Swansea rivalries just before the World Cup.
    to be fair if anybody's stoked by that then it's best they don't leave the house at all in case something upsets them

International

[QUOTE=superfeathers;5349519]I think if he wasn't a footballer craig bellamy would be more likely to be in prison than up there with the bankers

Well if you could say that of anyone he'd probably be in good company with the likes of Lee Bowyer, John Terry, Wayne Rooney and a few others that could be mentioned. (allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    This is such a non story, he's just making a joke and saying he was relieved to find out that his boss wasn't a proper Cardiff City fan because he'd get loads of shit if he was. It's not Roberts being OBSESSED with or SLATING Cardiff.

Also a Welsh fan friend of a friend lost his wife recently and Roberts found out and got in touch with him via Twitter private message to send his condolences and a supportive message which says a lot more about his character than if he's a bit of a shithouse on the pitch or doesn't like Cardiff because he's a Swansea fan
    He’s not going to shag you mate

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s not going to shag you mate
    How do you know?

Can't stand Conner Roberts as a player. Don't really understand this story or WTF the point of it is. Bellamy is a Cardiff legend.

Bellamy, as one of the best players in the Premier League managed to engineer a move to Cardiff |City when he could have played virtually anywhere on higher wages. Even if he isn't a Cardiff City fan he played for us and that's good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Bellamy, as one of the best players in the Premier League managed to engineer a move to Cardiff |City when he could have played virtually anywhere on higher wages. Even if he isn't a Cardiff City fan he played for us and that's good enough for me.
    Yep, compared to the likes of Bale he is basically Dai Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Pretty sure he came back to Cardiff to try and patch up his marriage?

Either way it’s clear he does have a love for the City even though he’s a Liverpool fan?

Don’t see an issue personally something about nothing

"who's army.. Bell army"

he's a good lad, clearly loved his time here and scored that belter of a goal at the Liberty (Bothroyd and Ramsey assist) to win 1-0

people have short memories, or a negative mindset, maybe both

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's about as much a Cardiff City fan as Gareth Bale

Cardiff born but no real interest in their hometown club

They were both away and playing for other clubs at a young age , it happens
    Cardiff weren’t interested in Bale when he was younger, so he looked elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s a mercenary Scouser that piggy backed on our club for his own gain.
    ?????????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Cardiff weren’t interested in Bale when he was younger, so he looked elsewhere.
    We let Bellamy go when he was at the club as a youngster telling him he was to small to make it as a professional footballer

who cares

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Craig Bellamy had such little interest in his hometown club that he twice dropped down a division to play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Impressive how they maintain the chip on their shoulder even after going on to become professional footballers. I remember Joe Rodon going on about how Cardiff couldn't "claim" Gareth Bale, despite Bale being born and raised in Cardiff!

Bellamy has a clear affinity for the city and I don't really understand the "mercenary" complaints in this thread
    I don't understand it either.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another Jack with a Cardiff chip on his shoulder.

He’s not got a chip on his shoulder. He’s saying it as he sees it. Isn’t that what local rivalry is all about? As a former Jack, i wouldn’t expect anything else from him. Still gets my full support respect when he plays for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He’s not got a chip on his shoulder. He’s saying it as he sees it. Isn’t that what local rivalry is all about? As a former Jack, i wouldn’t expect anything else from him. Still gets my full support respect when he plays for Wales.
    Back off Treseder, he's mine

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Back off Treseder, he's mine
    Sorry mate. Not looking to cut ya grass 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    He’s got a chip on both shoulders, most jacks have,….let’s see how he handles tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He’s a mercenary Scouser that piggy backed on our club for his own gain.
    I think we had far more to gain than he did from his decision!