+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The New Iron Lady

Re: The New Iron Lady

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This bully

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Kawczynski

Was on Newsnight last night talking about “the good years” between 2010 and 2019
    An absolute t**t of a man. Wasn't this the guy who, though born and raised in Poland managed to heist thousands of pounds of taxpayer's money by way of expenses to......improve his Polish language skills? Please people open your eyes and see through them for what they really are!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    An absolute t**t of a man. Wasn't this the guy who, though born and raised in Poland managed to heist thousands of pounds of taxpayer's money by way of expenses to......improve his Polish language skills? Please people open your eyes and see through them for what they really are!
    Yes, that’s him - the interview is worth a look at, Victoria Derbyshire is really pissed off with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It seemed pretty coherent to me.
    Don't be so hard on yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    It's lucky for us common folk that an insidious global cabal, with a plan that will wreak utter havoc and destroy our way of life as we know it, have plans that are easily unearthed via google and people with a Twitter account.

I bet you a tenner the Great Reset, as the dystopian 1984-esque future you believe it will be, doesn't happen.
    Of course if I'm wrong it doesn't matter because tenners won't exist any more
    I wonder what the excuse will be when this great reset obviously doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wonder what the excuse will be when this great reset obviously doesn't happen.
    There are two ways that such things are addressed by the Armageddon Crew:

1. Totally ignore posts that highlight previous failed predictions
    2. Keep moving the timeline forward

The End is Nigh placard can be displayed ad infinitum.

Pick yourself up
    Dust yourself off
    Start conspiracy theorising again

It'll be the same as when Trump was supposedly going to be reinstated as President after the election was proven to be fraudulent. Originally it was November, then January, then February, then Summer and presumably there is a new date Q-anon has promised that will come and go without incident. These were precise dates too not generalisations, they passed without the "prophecy" coming true every time. Instead of people thinking maybe they were wrong/had been misled they doubled down and said "Next time it'll really happen".

I've seen it been said that Covid was supposed to be the Great Reset, then lockdown, then the 2020 election, now Russia/Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There are two ways that such things are addressed by the Armageddon Crew:

1. Totally ignore posts that highlight previous failed predictions
    2. Keep moving the timeline forward

The End is Nigh placard can be displayed ad infinitum.
    The best way is to completely ignore any post from WalesBales or Organ Morgan.

Eventually they'll get bored and leave and this board will be a better place without their incessant drivle.

It'll be the same as when Trump was supposedly going to be reinstated as President after the election was proven to be fraudulent. Originally it was November, then January, then February, then Summer and presumably there is a new date Q-anon has promised that will come and go without incident. These were precise dates too not generalisations, they passed without the "prophecy" coming true every time. Instead of people thinking maybe they were wrong/had been misled they doubled down and said "Next time it'll really happen".

I've seen it been said that Covid was supposed to be the Great Reset, then lockdown, then the 2020 election, now Russia/Ukraine.
    Good thing you're not in charge then, cos it would be a total cock-up!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

Eventually they'll get bored and leave and this board will be a better place without their incessant drivle.
    I ignore the former as he is unbelievably tiresome and repetitive. He probably doesn't believe his own rhetoric and is merely a WUM (and definitely has a multi or three on the side). Organ Maudling is a different kettle of fish: humorous, loopy and an endearing fruit cake.

Sounds like the reset has had resets galore.

Half right. Ignoring is the best policy but it takes more than that to get peace and quiet on here from them.

They did for a year, both at the same time as well - can’t believe they’re a multi though.

They did for a year, both at the same time as well - can’t believe they’re a multi though.
    I've always assumed they were one and the same

Oh let the poor buggers enjoy themselves. They've obviously got no other interests and anyway, perhaps they've got it right, given the tyranny were all under reverting to fantasy is not such a bad idea.

They aren't. Organ Maudling is entertaining.

The updates from continental Europe today:

Euro to dollar down..pretty much the lowest this century..(like the £)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/currency

EU inflation UP (to 10%)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi

Belgiums current account worst deficit this century
    https://tradingeconomics.com/belgium/current-account

EU Unemployment rate steady (at 3% higher than ours)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-ar...mployment-rate

My point? Seeing as everyone on CCMB is in the business of endlessly reiterating their point. Mine is that if you choose to look, you'll see that barring the ridiciulous self-inflicted last few days, we are all in the same boat, many with leakier hulls than ourselves.

I've always assumed they were one and the same
    Well, if they are, fair play - he/they fooled me completely.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The updates from continental Europe today:

Euro to dollar down..pretty much the lowest this century..(like the £)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/currency

EU inflation UP (to 10%)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-area/inflation-cpi

Belgiums current account worst deficit this century
    https://tradingeconomics.com/belgium/current-account

EU Unemployment rate steady (at 3% higher than ours)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/euro-ar...mployment-rate

My point? Seeing as everyone on CCMB is in the business of endlessly reiterating their point. Mine is that if you choose to look, you'll see that barring the ridiciulous self-inflicted last few days, we are all in the same boat, many with leakier hulls than ourselves.
    Yeah but it's pretty meaningless unless you look at it alongside wage data. If the UK median wage buys less than in those countries then the people in those countries have more wiggle room and can sustain themselves for longer during the crisis and so the real human effect would be greater in the uk. There are other factors too, like reliance on imports.

What does “by and large” mean?
    Generally speaking

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Generally speaking
    The opposition parties won’t forget it, are people like Gofer Blue going to forget losing £10k from their pension pot? Clearly, there will be people who are saying they won’t vote Tory in polls now, who will do when the vote which counts comes, but Truss and Kwarteng are damaged goods from now on - the UK public have got to see their Britannia Unchained mind set and they don’t like it. Certain people benefitting to the tune of £50k plus a year while “the man and woman in the street” gets a few hundred is not a good luck for any Government.

The opposition parties won’t forget it, are people like Gofer Blue going to forget losing £10k from their pension pot? Clearly, there will be people who are saying they won’t vote Tory in polls now, who will do when the vote which counts comes, but Truss and Kwarteng are damaged goods from now on - the UK public have got to see their Britannia Unchained mind set and they don’t like it. Certain people benefitting to the tune of £50k plus a year while “the man and woman in the street” gets a few hundred is not a good luck for any Government.
    You assume this forum is a bellwether of UK public opinion regarding politics. Its not.

For every article you've read condemning the Chancellor there are articles in support of the move back to true conservatism.

Two years a long enough to get some kind of political and economic traction, so things may not end up the way they are today.

I'd hazard a guess than in 12 months time, the war in Ukraine has abated, inflation and energy prices will be under control, many will have had pay rises, and the economy will be out of recession (if we're even in it). The Tory narrative will be this farce was down to Ukraine, and the right wing media will ignore everything else as we move towards the business end of the election cycle

You assume this forum is a bellwether of UK public opinion regarding politics. Its not.

For every article you've read condemning the Chancellor there are articles in support of the move back to true conservatism.

Two years a long enough to get some kind of political and economic traction, so things may not end up the way they are today.

I'd hazard a guess than in 12 months time, the war in Ukraine has abated, inflation and energy prices will be under control, many will have had pay rises, and the economy will be out of recession (if we're even in it). The Tory narrative will be this farce was down to Ukraine, and the right wing media will ignore everything else as we move towards the business end of the election cycle

The Conservative Government of 92 to 97 were haunted by Black Wednesday to the extent that it was a big factor in them being routed five years after the event and played a part in them being out of Government for thirteen years. The public did not forget the winter of discontent in 78/79 and Labour isn't working posters for decades - in fact, you could argue that they still haven't today. People also remember the smallest and, on the face of it, insignificant things like that jokey note by a Labour MP at the Treasury left to the incoming coalition Government in 2010 that all of the money had run out - I reckon that has cost Labour tens of thousands of votes in the past dozen years.

Having a sycophantic press on their side will help the Government, but this has the feel of something they cannot fully rescue. A one per cent tax cut should be something that can be paraded as a vote winner, yet Truss and Kwarteng are being seen as modern day Robin Hoods who take from the poor and give to the rich - as I mentioned earlier, a reputation for competence has to be gained over years, but can be lost in a minute and, once lost, it's very, very hard to regain.

There is no way that there's a fairly even split in opinion on the government in the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    There is no way that there's a fairly even split in opinion on the government in the past week.
    There have been a litany of articles in the right wing press in support. Just this morning the Daily Mail have lauded Simon Clarkes comments about a potential return to austerity.