+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EA announces the last-ever EA FIFA game: FIFA 23

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: EA announces the last-ever EA FIFA game: FIFA 23

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    How did you get it yesterday!
    I'm still watching the courier tracker. The joys of working from home.
    Bet there's a massive update to be installed too
    Man, you've got it bad! I feel ya!

To answer your question from earlier about the title, yeah EA will be releasing what is effectively FIFA 24 but just won't be calling it that.

Here's some more about the 'falling out'.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fifa-declare...l-be-the-best/

It's perfectly possible that if they partner with the right developers and publishers then it could be a great game. It's not a big window though to make something that can compete and as Konami found out (the the worst ever reviewed game on Steam is quite an accolade) gamers take a long time to adapt to change and these days, a multi-million $ game can bomb with a bad release edition and Metacritic reviews.

There's also a whole professional gaming industry behind FIFA (The Game) Tournaments with some massive prize money from sponsors so I think FIFA have flexed their muscles and EA have just called their bluff. It's a bit like us firing Morison and not having a replacement lined up.

Re: EA announces the last-ever EA FIFA game: FIFA 23

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Man, you've got it bad! I feel ya!

To answer your question from earlier about the title, yeah EA will be releasing what is effectively FIFA 24 but just won't be calling it that.

Here's some more about the 'falling out'.
    https://www.pcgamer.com/fifa-declare...l-be-the-best/

It's perfectly possible that if they partner with the right developers and publishers then it could be a great game. It's not a big window though to make something that can compete and as Konami found out (the the worst ever reviewed game on Steam is quite an accolade) gamers take a long time to adapt to change and these days, a multi-million $ game can bomb with a bad release edition and Metacritic reviews.

There's also a whole professional gaming industry behind FIFA (The Game) Tournaments with some massive prize money from sponsors so I think FIFA have flexed their muscles and EA have just called their bluff. It's a bit like us firing Morison and not having a replacement lined up.
    Well, if EA keep the licences etc with proper names, clubs and so on, i'll be sticking with "EA fifa in disguise"
    I wonder if they may be able to bring a few other things, that do happen in real football but that maybe would've brought the fifa name into disrepute as it were. By that, I appreciate there will still be a line