+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TREGANNA pub in Canton, closing down tomorrow

TREGANNA pub in Canton, closing down tomorrow

Another pub bites the dust
    The well-known Tafarn Treganna in Canton is set to close due to the building's lease running out. Co-landlords John and Laura will be taking over a pub in Ceredigion as they bid farewell to Cardiff after years in the city's pub trade.

It’s strongly rumoured that the Ivor Davies is closing as well, to make way for flats to be built.

Some are saying that the two are connected and that Franklin’s (who still own the ground where the TREGANNA is), have done a behind the scenes deal with Weatherspoons

Watch this space

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...s-25120125.amp

Re: TREGANNA pub in Canton, closing down tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Another pub bites the dust
    The well-known Tafarn Treganna in Canton is set to close due to the building's lease running out. Co-landlords John and Laura will be taking over a pub in Ceredigion as they bid farewell to Cardiff after years in the city's pub trade.

It’s strongly rumoured that the Ivor Davies is closing as well, to make way for flats to be built.

Some are saying that the two are connected and that Franklin’s (who still own the ground where the TREGANNA is), have done a behind the scenes deal with Weatherspoons

Watch this space

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...s-25120125.amp
    Well known

The government should drastically reduce tax on pub bought alcohol. How does society and community benefit from losing all these pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    The government should drastically reduce tax on pub bought alcohol. How does society and community benefit from losing all these pubs.
    It’s not saying it’s not reopening, just that it won’t be a Brains house

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well known

They wrote that, not me

As far as I’m concerned it good riddance, the landlord & his Mrs are lazy feckers

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well known
    Never heard of the treganna where is it?

They wrote that, not me

As far as I’m concerned it good riddance, the landlord & his Mrs are lazy feckers
    They will fit in well in west wales as no one works down that way….try and get a tradesman down that way….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Never heard of the treganna where is it?
    The old Franklin’s Bakery site, opposite the Ivor Davies

The old Franklin’s Bakery site, opposite the Ivor Davies
    Goscimbe wasn't it?

They wrote that, not me

Then they closed the Tafarn Treganna, and I didn't care because I was not a customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Goscimbe wasn't it?
    It was Goscombe previously.

Was considered a swanky pub for a shortwhile when it first opened 10-12 years ago. Never went in there much - always seemed to be a horrific queue.

It's always the Admiral Napier, Ivor Davies, Canton Cross or from the other direction, The Grange for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Then they closed the Tafarn Treganna, and I didn't care because I was not a customer.
    We do actually use it, that’s how we know they are lazy feckers

There is one particular pub in Canton that is ideal to have a pint in before the game. Never too crowded, pleasant ambience, quality beer, excellent staff and decent pub garden. I can't tell you where it is as that would spoil it if you oiks started turning up in droves - and I wouldn't want Organ Maudling swanning around interviewing the clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It was Goscombe previously.
    Yes a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There is one particular pub in Canton that is ideal to have a pint in before the game. Never too crowded, pleasant ambience, quality beer, excellent staff and decent pub garden. I can't tell you where it is as that would spoil it if you oiks started turning up in droves - and I wouldn't want Organ Maudling swanning around interviewing the clientele.
    Do they serve their ales in glasses and not plastic receptacles as well ?

Yes, I've seen you there a few times.

PS best to keep it quiet

St Cannas Ale House?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    St Cannas Ale House?
    No comment. Even a negative response would give you a clue

There was no mention of the Ivor Davies on the For Sale list Wetherspoon’s issued the other day. The 6 Bells in Penmark is shutting this weekend, a good pub for food and drink. It’ll be interesting to see if some Brains pubs shut, now they’ve under Marstons.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    There was no mention of the Ivor Davies on the For Sale list Wetherspoon’s issued the other day. The 6 Bells in Penmark is shutting this weekend, a good pub for food and drink. It’ll be interesting to see if some Brains pubs shut, now they’ve under Marstons.

It’s not for sale, the lease is up on the land and the owners are not renewing it.

The owners have put in plans to build flats on the site.

Some are saying the flats will be next door and Spoons will have to shut whilst the building work is carried out

It’s not for sale, the lease is up on the land and the owners are not renewing it.

The owners have put in plans to build flats on the site.

Some are saying the flats will be next door and Spoons will have to shut whilst the building work is carried out
    Cant see The Ivor Davies shutting so someone else can build something next door..

I hope not..or else I'll be in the St Canna Ale House with TBG pre-game. I heard he goes in there before every game.

Cant see The Ivor Davies shutting so someone else can build something next door..

I hope not..or else I'll be in the St Canna Ale House with TBG pre-game. I heard he goes in there before every game.

The Canton is the place to be.
    Ale served in glasses
    Lovely bar maids
    Good atmosphere

The new tenants are great, we even took a coach load of City fans to their other pub on the way to Reading

The Canton is the place to be.
    Ale served in glasses
    Lovely bar maids
    Good atmosphere

The new tenants are great, we even took a coach load of City fans to their other pub on the way to Reading
    One of the few pubs I've never really been in before City games - the other notable one being Canton Libs.

One of the few pubs I've never really been in before City games - the other notable one being Canton Libs.
    Try it tomorrow, it’s friendly