+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ninian Stand shop

New Ninian Stand shop

Just had an email through about a new club shop in the Ninian Stand. A bit odd imo, the other shop is literally a minute walk away. I would've thought it would be more sensible setting up a shop in the city centre for non matchday purchases.

Re: New Ninian Stand shop

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Just had an email through about a new club shop in the Ninian Stand. A bit odd imo, the other shop is literally a minute walk away. I would've thought it would be more sensible setting up a shop in the city centre for non matchday purchases.
    Does seem odd. Clearly demand for City gear is through the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Does seem odd. Clearly demand for City gear is through the roof.
    Maybe I judged those Wales/CCFC hoodies too harshly. Perhaps they're not shite and I'm just unfashionable.

First Team

X

There was a shop in the St David’s Centre many years ago but it always seemed empty.

Frankly, outside of match day, I’m not sure there is a huge untapped demand for City merchandise.

I’m wondering if it’s more for match days?

They did have a shop in the city centre a few years ago and it didn’t last, it was empty.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

They did have a shop in the city centre a few years ago and it didn’t last, it was empty.
    Yeah, was thinking the same. It's a case of moving some stock a few yards and putting it up for sale on the days where there are roughly 5000 captive fans who love the product before they even enter the shop. ****ing crazy idea!

I cant see anything other than this being a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

I wonder why? Do many cardiff folk actually follow ccfc?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I wonder why? Do many cardiff folk actually follow ccfc?
    No.

Say we get 18,000. How many are from Cardiff.. Half?

No wonder the shop was empty.

I asked the same question in the club shop and they told me about this.
    There used to be one in the Family End, but that disappeared over lockdown.
    It would make so much sense to have one in the city’s centre - even Real Mallorca have one in Palma and they’re hardly a massive club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I asked the same question in the club shop and they told me about this.
    There used to be one in the Family End, but that disappeared over lockdown.
    It would make so much sense to have one in the city’s centre - even Real Mallorca have one in Palma and they’re hardly a massive club.
    Loads of Tourists in Palma, i bet that Real Mallorca do a roaring trade during the holiday season.

The shop in St Davids Centre was perfect for people doing a bit of Christmas shopping for their kids or grandkids. Just a pity that a lot of the stuff in there was red.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, was thinking the same. It's a case of moving some stock a few yards and putting it up for sale on the days where there are roughly 5000 captive fans who love the product before they even enter the shop. ****ing crazy idea!
    If it’s just for match days I think it’s a great idea, they had a little cabin there before which was generally busy. The main club shop is just to busy on a match day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.

It’s hardly a Cardiff problem though , how much do think Norwich City support comes from places like Yarmouth, Thetford , and other towns within the fourth largest county in England. Huddersfield Town , I know lots of support is from Wakefield, Stoke comes from the Potteries and the midlands , Nottingham etc , it happens everywhere.

No.

It's not like everyone who works or shops in the city centre are from Cardiff, probably live in the areas where the other portion of the city fans come from.

Surprised city don't share a retail unit in the centre with the Welsh FA. Or even with the other Cardiff based sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    It’s hardly a Cardiff problem though , how much do think Norwich City support comes from places like Yarmouth, Thetford , and other towns within the fourth largest county in England. Huddersfield Town , I know lots of support is from Wakefield, Stoke comes from the Potteries and the midlands , Nottingham etc , it happens everywhere.
    Wtf are you talking about ?

No.

Open a Liverpool Shop in Cardiff

Fortune to be made

Fake Feckers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Fortune to be made

Fake Feckers
    That's Sports Direct isn't it!

Wtf are you talking about ?
    Huh , just to clarify, most clubs have a significant amount of support from outside the town they are from , particularly isolated teams , I know for a fact that the majority of Cardiff support comes from within the city itself.

Fortune to be made

Fake Feckers
    Aaaaaannnnnnnd he's off...

Huh , just to clarify, most clubs have a significant amount of support from outside the town they are from , particularly isolated teams , I know for a fact that the majority of Cardiff support comes from within the city itself.

That's means nothing

Man United have a majority of season ticket holders from the local area

Which is simple to understand as it's easy for locals to go to games than someone 45 minutes away by train

That's means nothing

Man United have a majority of season ticket holders from the local area

Which is simple to understand as it's easy for locals to go to games than someone 45 minutes away by train
    So what though.

So what though.
    Well you are saying that Huddersfield......and Norwich ......and Stoke get support from outside the city .....in the same way ccfc get support from the valleys

And that's correct

But then you say that Cardiff get most of our support from the city of Cardiff....

Which is the opposite of what you are saying

Well you are saying that Huddersfield......and Norwich ......and Stoke get support from outside the city .....in the same way ccfc get support from the valleys

And that's correct

But then you say that Cardiff get most of our support from the city of Cardiff....

Which is the opposite of what you are saying
    We have a large valleys support , but outside support is not unique to Cardiff City as you suggest , almost daily.

I wonder if the support within the city of Cardiff would be better if the city was clustered amongst other large towns and cities. Would people become more parochial, more loyal towards the area they come from? Imagine towns like Ponty, Bridgend, Merthyr etc being a fair bit larger and having professional football teams, but Cardiff being the largest club and area. Would that create more of a footballing hotbed, actually somebody else to worry about and therefore, creating more identity, intensity? In short, do we suffer from not having any real local competition, making South Wales a bit sleepy in terms of local football support. I'm thinking Yorkshire, Lancashire and London, albeit on a much smaller scale.

P.s if you think that this post is just bollocks, please say so