+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Patients sit on bins at overcrowded and visibly dirty UHW A&E unit

Re: Patients sit on bins at overcrowded and visibly dirty UHW A&E unit

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    (apart from the private healthcare bit).
    My point is rather than pumping money into it to solve a problem, why not encourage the population to take up exercise , promote healthy eating , even use some of the huge NHS budget to subsidise fruit and vegetables?

Alcohol consumption could be another area where the usage could be cut.

Process changes drive efficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This is where you just guess when it comes to making outlandish statements. The NHS is massively funded , if you do a bit of research.

Here is an example~ UK’s post Brexit EU “divorce bill” reaches €50 billion, confirms Treasury... up from €40-45bn. The NHS burns through all that in less than 3 months!
    You are talking out of your arse

It's not funded enough , it needs more and will continue to do so

The Tories are talking about tax cuts to give to their rich mates

At a time when we need more income to pay for the NHS , Public services , Care

You are Potty

My point is rather than pumping money into it to solve a problem, why not encourage the population to take up exercise , promote healthy eating , even use some of the huge NHS budget to subsidise fruit and vegetables?

Alcohol consumption could be another area where the usage could be cut.

Process changes drive efficiencies.
    Well we need both , clearly 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Isn't the Welsh Government diverting funding from other areas to better fund the Welsh NHS a possibility?

You'll also be aware the current UK government is collecting more in tax revenues than any government previously.
    They are doing that because they need more resources

There are 68m or so people in the UK. Assuming the NHS has a total budget of £204bn, that's £3k per man, woman and child per annum. Hospitals don't build themselves, and medical equipment (with all its precision) isn't known for being mass produced production line stuff. Training each doctor to registrar level can cost upwards of £400k, and training them beyond that even more.

The NHS has many issues, but it does an awful lot with the budget it does have. Private healthcare has its place (I know, I have it) but I'm more than happy to pay more in tax and NI if its earmarked for the NHS. Everyone deserves high quality healthcare as a basic right, and the only way to achieve that is to increase the funding in the NHS.
    The problem with the Tories is that they tell everyone they are building 40 new hospitals and end up building 5

Either we increase the funding to the NHS through public money ......and face the fact it will always fail for some

Or say feck it and let the private sector take it on , that will be a laugh

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The problem with the Tories is that they tell everyone they are building 40 new hospitals and end up building 5

Either we increase the funding to the NHS through public money ......and face the fact it will always fail for some

Or say feck it and let the private sector take it on , that will be a laugh
    The NHS cuts started under Margaret Thatcher, and had carried on under numerous governments since ( both with Labour and Conservative) with the exception I would say of Gordon Brown.

If this is the case then clearly it’s by design.

The NHS cuts started under Margaret Thatcher, and had carried on under numerous governments since ( both with Labour and Conservative) with the exception I would say of Gordon Brown.

If this is the case then clearly it’s by design.
    In order to provide a decent health service .....and even then there will be issues ......the cuts you are talking about need to be reversed long term , into investment

And that's going to cost us money

If we don't spend more on the nhs and social care then these horror stories will continue

It's no more complicated than that .......

NHS is a cash grab (IMHO)
    needs to be broken up
    There is far too much money swilling around in the NHS
    Piss Poor management spunking away on endless sh*t
    Tiers of evening dress and suited non medical staff
    It was a great concept and should be handed over to some sort of non-profit organistaion with no political interests
    not a nationalised industry so much money in it, it's open to bribary corruption abuse just look at the contracts handed out during the scamdemic.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Do you think government general idea is to make it so bad that people who have cash just go private? Thus taking some people off waiting lists or away from state care? Can’t imagine how bad it will be in another 25 years
    Potentially mate, I’m lucky I had the means to go private to get my results/follow up scans quickly.

It’s just another sign that this country is falling apart at the seams.

There are 68m or so people in the UK. Assuming the NHS has a total budget of £204bn, that's £3k per man, woman and child per annum. Hospitals don't build themselves, and medical equipment (with all its precision) isn't known for being mass produced production line stuff. Training each doctor to registrar level can cost upwards of £400k, and training them beyond that even more.

The NHS has many issues, but it does an awful lot with the budget it does have. Private healthcare has its place (I know, I have it) but I'm more than happy to pay more in tax and NI if its earmarked for the NHS. Everyone deserves high quality healthcare as a basic right, and the only way to achieve that is to increase the funding in the NHS.

The total spend is £474m per day excluding outsourcing, I don’t think it needs more expenditure.
    The funding envelope is £192bn

Around 10.2 % of GDP